Three Point Sprayer I Keep Looking At

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute, is it the 200 gallon? If it was 150 gallon? I need to push and see how much chemical it will take to spray what we are working up to. I know I don't want saddle tanks, I want to drop it. All of what you are saying will make me put it back down on paper again. Figure what I can get buy with.
Do you haul round bales with a 3pt spear on that tractor? Bales are usually like #800-1200. So if you imagine just driving through the pasture every 30' with a bale and add more movement for fluid. If the fields are real nice it may not be bad, but if they aren't, it can be pretty tough.

Like some one said above, if you are spraying herb you are likely only spraying 10 gallons or so per acre. No more than you are spraying even if you had to fill up every 50ac it wouldn't be bad, imo.

I posted the picture quickly, and did not go into a lot of detail about what we have been discussing. Absolutely manual booms. And if you go with a base model and then add the foam marker and the rinse tank it is cheaper than to buy the really nice one with all the bells and whistles as it saves quite a bit. My granson wants it to be very new electronics because he says it will be difficult to keep turning around pulling levers to shut this one off or change it. But I want to get one that they can continue to use after I am no longer in the picture.

When you say get TeeJet Turbo Twinjet tips. Can you tell me what the difference is in these tips? Not doubting what you are saying, but this is how I can learn about the product.

I never buy anything new. So, I keep studying this sprayer because this goes against my nature. But I see the used sprayers that are left sitting outside, and the tubing is dry rotted and tanks have holes busted in them. I don't want to start begging for help to get it ready to spray and then I have another piece of junk to add to things that will get fixed not in my lifetime. I did buy one piece and that was a 10 ft MX10 John Deere cutter. I got that in 2003. 21 years ago.

I do not like to borrow anything. Someone pays for it, and then you wear it out. If you see you are going to need it more than once, and every year, just go ahead and get your own.

We had a man that would borrow our hay trailer every year to haul his hay as it carries 9 bales and you just pull a lever and they roll off. And he baled quite a bit of hay. Then our disc cutter broke in the middle of one field with just a few acres to go, as I think it was where the mower connects to the PTO in the back and there is shaft there that messed up. That was a real eye opener. Probably had about 4 acres left in the field and then would have taken it right back. Used all that rubber on our tires and wear and tear those years he used out trailer. What's with people?? He feeds a lot of cows.

It is just best to have the equipment you need.

One thing I have to think about, Sam wants a larger tractor to run a baler. He has looked at a 4230, as they have one they cleaned up at his work. After seeing that John Deere tractor poll, I was impressed. Not so so sure about those little tiny tractors they have one there as I have not seen a 318 or a 445, but that sprayer won't have to be on that 3020 all the time. And the tank does not always have to be totally full. Just the future fields that I am concerned about.

The ground is flat really but a slight incline hill in one hay field. Then there is one field that has large dipping hills. Looks like part of Reefloot lake Earth quake hills. They plant corn on it, but, if you were to bale it, you better be careful where you let the bale out. It is the 18 acre field.

I came here hoping that someone would help me tweak the sprayer or change my mind. But you have given me more to think about. I do appreciate it.
The turbo twinjet sprays two patterns from one nozzle. If you looka at it from the side the two patterns coming from the nozzle look like an upside down V. They cover a wide range of uses.

@BFE Thank you so much for that information. I want to look at those tips real well. That can make a big difference. Thank you for the in-depth answers you have given me. I still have a lot to look at before I commit. A lot has been going on the last few days and I wanted to look at that third sprayer you posted along with the ones I mentioned.

I had a 200 gallon 3 point sprayer one time, never again. Used it on a Ford 7610 2wd with a full set of front weights, 87 pto hp. With a full tank, the front tires were off the ground as much as they were touching it.

Someone likely said but the boomless sprayers are good even against property lines and sensitive areas. Just turn off the outside nozzle and ride against the fence and I have not had any drift issue but I pick calmer days to do this. I don't want a 3pt hitch or the booms anymore.

Latest posts