Opinions on pickups

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

agcntry

Reaction score
I'm looking at used pickups to put a bale bed on. Think I've made up my mind, but wanted some opinions.
97 Ford F350 4x4 460 5sp single rear wheel 88,000 miles
98 Chevy 3/4 ton 350 Auto 92,000 miles

Both are real clean fleet trucks and haven't had flatbeds or gooseneck balls in them. The Ford is $1650 cheaper but it rides like a tank. I will only drive the truck on dirt roads and in the pasture. Thanks for your opinions.

I would go for the 5 speed, I can change a clutch but can not rebuild an atuo tranny

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":n1th88e2 said:
No comparison,go FORD.
It's like comparing a neck bone to a Ribeye. :lol: Nah, I aint gonna start a big three war.Everyone has their favorites...

Wilson_Cattle_Company":i8pmj9k7 said:
FORD for a work truck.
Chevy for town CAR!!

Wilson Cattle Companys own words....03 f-350 4x4 dually purchaced in late 02 was back in shop with "computer trouble" 2 weeks later. Happend again a couple months later.

05 f-350 4x4 dually

got in early 05 in shop 3 weeks later. ford said had bad batch of injectors {SP??} 3 times that happened. Ford would not let dealership replace ALL injectors beens there was a BAD BATCH. Had to replace 1 at a time. Truck was in shop 3 times for injectors.
Oil pump after that.
Transmission (AUTO) after that. something flew apart. brad said he wanted new tranny or new pickup.
Ford needs to get their sh@$ together.

Neighbor just bought 05 duramax dually 4x4 early this year and has had no trouble yet.

NO dodge drivers in this part of the country. People with brains started getting chevys and there are more chevy drivers around here. Everytime I go to the co-op there is a new chevy sitting in the parking lot it seems like.

Hopefully I will have a duramax one day!

Strange how Ford F150 can be the #1 rated truck in the JD Power quality review.

The Ford 460 will outlast and outpull the 350 Chevy on a regular basis. For less money in this case. Probably do better on fuel in these conditions.

greenwillowherefords":19z3als3 said:
Strange how Ford F150 can be the #1 rated truck in the JD Power quality review.

The Ford 460 will outlast and outpull the 350 Chevy on a regular basis. For less money in this case. Probably do better on fuel in these conditions.

I agree.

PS Make sure you put a DEWEZE bed on that FORD! :mrgreen:

frenchie":1dnv2ui3 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":1dnv2ui3 said:
FORD for a work truck.
Chevy for town CAR!!

Wilson Cattle Companys own words....03 f-350 4x4 dually purchaced in late 02 was back in shop with "computer trouble" 2 weeks later. Happend again a couple months later.

05 f-350 4x4 dually

got in early 05 in shop 3 weeks later. ford said had bad batch of injectors {SP??} 3 times that happened. Ford would not let dealership replace ALL injectors beens there was a BAD BATCH. Had to replace 1 at a time. Truck was in shop 3 times for injectors.
Oil pump after that.
Transmission (AUTO) after that. something flew apart. brad said he wanted new tranny or new pickup.
Ford needs to get their sh@$ together.

Neighbor just bought 05 duramax dually 4x4 early this year and has had no trouble yet.

NO dodge drivers in this part of the country. People with brains started getting chevys and there are more chevy drivers around here. Everytime I go to the co-op there is a new chevy sitting in the parking lot it seems like.

Hopefully I will have a duramax one day!

Iam in the middle of makin up my mind ;-)

I see alot of 3/4 and ton chevys in town cruising around but at the sale barns and on the farms the fords are working for a livin. :lol:

greenwillowherefords":3vsljies said:

Well it should out pull it G.W . As far as fuel comsumption you are dreaming.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":13883mf1 said:
frenchie":13883mf1 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":13883mf1 said:
FORD for a work truck.
Chevy for town CAR!!

Ford has not made a real truck in over a decade ;-)
What planet you been livin on for the past DECADE? :lol:

Planet earth calling Mahoney Pursley ranch this is the real world ..the real world requires a real truck (Chev) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts