Opinions on pickups

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
J&T Farm":2k2ou4zn said:
I see alot of 3/4 and ton chevys in town cruising around but at the sale barns and on the farms the fords are working for a livin. :lol:

Around here the the newer Fords are all in the Chev or Dodge dealers lots.

frenchie":1grkdue5 said:
J&T Farm":1grkdue5 said:
I see alot of 3/4 and ton chevys in town cruising around but at the sale barns and on the farms the fords are working for a livin. :lol:

lol

J&T Farm":21pe7fzw said:
frenchie":21pe7fzw said:
J&T Farm":21pe7fzw said:

lol

Truth hurts eh. ;-)

frenchie":2qqxl145 said:
J&T Farm":2qqxl145 said:
frenchie":2qqxl145 said:
J&T Farm":2qqxl145 said:

lol

Truth hurts eh. ;-)
Maybe it's them thar kilometer odometers up north that make um differant. :lol:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":25cv32zd said:
frenchie":25cv32zd said:
J&T Farm":25cv32zd said:
frenchie":25cv32zd said:
J&T Farm":25cv32zd said:

lol

Truth hurts eh. ;-)
Maybe it's them thar kilometer odometers up north that make um differant. :lol:

Must be ;-)

Thanks everyone for the replies. I didn't mean to start a brand war. The Chevy is probably a 9 on a 1-10 scale and the Ford is probably a 7. I have an 05 Dodge diesel that I use for pulling and am just looking for a second truck to put a bale bed on and use as a work huntin truck. Kinda leanin toward the Ford, but don't know much about the 97's. Any known problems with them. I like the fact it has the solid front axle.

I would tend to agree with Hutch. If you're going to do alot of heavy pulling around the place I'd go with the manual transmission. I had a Ford with a 460. You had to make sure it wasn't running if you wanted to fill it up.

fitz [/u]

Thanks everyone for the opinions. It was raining yesterday when I drove the trucks. I went back today and really looked then over and checked them out good. I was going to get the Ford, but something in the 4x4 wasn't right, banged and popped like crazy. Had the saleman with me and we locked the hubs and I shifted it in and he went o'xxxx. Needless to say it changed my opinion on the truck and I went with the Chevy. Guess time will tell if I got a good truck or not. Thanks for everybody on the boards opionions on motors, brands, etc.

Aw dang! You mean the Ford/Dodge/Chevy battle is over. :lol:

agcntry":lsagxboc said:
Thanks everyone for the opinions. It was raining yesterday when I drove the trucks. I went back today and really looked then over and checked them out good. I was going to get the Ford, but something in the 4x4 wasn't right, banged and popped like crazy. Had the saleman with me and we locked the hubs and I shifted it in and he went o'xxxx. Needless to say it changed my opinion on the truck and I went with the Chevy. Guess time will tell if I got a good truck or not. Thanks for everybody on the boards opionions on motors, brands, etc.
Sounds like a Shift Fork in the Transfer Case was bad. I'd tell them to get it fixed, and come back for another shot at it.After all, friends dont let friends drive Bowties. :lol: Just kiddin' I know several happy GM owners.

frenchie":2wqnlhi3 said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":2wqnlhi3 said:
FORD for a work truck.
Chevy for town CAR!!

Wilson Cattle Companys own words....03 f-350 4x4 dually purchaced in late 02 was back in shop with "computer trouble" 2 weeks later. Happend again a couple months later.

05 f-350 4x4 dually

got in early 05 in shop 3 weeks later. ford said had bad batch of injectors {SP??} 3 times that happened. Ford would not let dealership replace ALL injectors beens there was a BAD BATCH. Had to replace 1 at a time. Truck was in shop 3 times for injectors.
Oil pump after that.
Transmission (AUTO) after that. something flew apart. brad said he wanted new tranny or new pickup.
Ford needs to get their sh@$ together.

Neighbor just bought 05 duramax dually 4x4 early this year and has had no trouble yet.

NO dodge drivers in this part of the country. People with brains started getting chevys and there are more chevy drivers around here. Everytime I go to the co-op there is a new chevy sitting in the parking lot it seems like.

Hopefully I will have a duramax one day!

Frenchie,

Been in france for last decade?? :lol:

agcntry":1z37uo5w said:

ford has always had problems with 4x4!! from 92-96 (1/2 tons) 92-97 (3/4 - tons) was worst! when u put it in 4 wheel is pops snaps clanks and when you turn the pickemup starts rocking side to side....... know all about that! :mrgreen:

frenchie":3e6tdamm said:
greenwillowherefords":3e6tdamm said:

The Ford 460 will outlast and outpull the 350 Chevy on a regular basis. For less money in this case. Probably do better on fuel in these conditions.

Well it should out pull it G.W . As far as fuel comsumption you are dreaming.

Come on Frenchie, look at the subject carefully. A 460 with the five-speed especially is going to do as good or better IN THOSE CONDITIONS, those conditions being pulling heavy loads. When you put a heavy load behind a small block and a big block, the small block's fuel efficiency is erased, and sometimes even overcome. The 460 doesn't have to work as hard. The reason (other than I'm a Ford man) that I said go with the 460 is that he said he was going to be working the truck towing. As you said, the 460 SHOULD out pull it. Since pulling is the purpose of getting the truck, he should get the truck that will pull best of the two. I've no axe to grind with you, just still think I'm right. :)

Wilson_Cattle_Company":2ju7sbuh said:
frenchie":2ju7sbuh said:
Wilson_Cattle_Company":2ju7sbuh said:
FORD for a work truck.
Chevy for town CAR!!

Wilson Cattle Companys own words....03 f-350 4x4 dually purchaced in late 02 was back in shop with "computer trouble" 2 weeks later. Happend again a couple months later.

05 f-350 4x4 dually

got in early 05 in shop 3 weeks later. ford said had bad batch of injectors {SP??} 3 times that happened. Ford would not let dealership replace ALL injectors beens there was a BAD BATCH. Had to replace 1 at a time. Truck was in shop 3 times for injectors.
Oil pump after that.
Transmission (AUTO) after that. something flew apart. brad said he wanted new tranny or new pickup.
Ford needs to get their sh@$ together.

Neighbor just bought 05 duramax dually 4x4 early this year and has had no trouble yet.

NO dodge drivers in this part of the country. People with brains started getting chevys and there are more chevy drivers around here. Everytime I go to the co-op there is a new chevy sitting in the parking lot it seems like.

Hopefully I will have a duramax one day!

Frenchie,

Been in france for last decade?? :lol:

Sonny boy ..You can kiss my ass

greenwillowherefords":241serx4 said:
frenchie":241serx4 said:
greenwillowherefords":241serx4 said:

The Ford 460 will outlast and outpull the 350 Chevy on a regular basis. For less money in this case. Probably do better on fuel in these conditions.

Well it should out pull it G.W . As far as fuel comsumption you are dreaming.

Come on Frenchie, look at the subject carefully. A 460 with the five-speed especially is going to do as good or better IN THOSE CONDITIONS, those conditions being pulling heavy loads. When you put a heavy load behind a small block and a big block, the small block's fuel efficiency is erased, and sometimes even overcome. The 460 doesn't have to work as hard. The reason (other than I'm a Ford man) that I said go with the 460 is that he said he was going to be working the truck towing. As you said, the 460 SHOULD out pull it. Since pulling is the purpose of getting the truck, he should get the truck that will pull best of the two. I've no axe to grind with you, just still think I'm right. :)

Greenwillow I have owned trucks with both motors.... :lol:

As I said your dreaming. 460, s are not cheap on fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts