Oldest thing you own.

Help Support CattleToday:

True. I always heard the farther East you go the worse it is. Some folks bad on pills, heroin, meth, ect.
Your right anywhere you go you have to have to be some what cautious. Ya'll seen these churches get shot up right. Church is supposed to be your safe havens. Can't say anywhere is 100% safe now days.
The drugs are bad here. It's made it to where you can't really trust anybody you don't know very well.

Them are nice.
Seriously did Indians pack a huge bag of heavy arrowhead around with them? How come nobody ever finds the bows? Did they rot away.
I never saw a real Indians until some years ago we went out west. I swear this Native man was talking to a cowboy. I about died!! I didn't think the cowboy and Indian were friends. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I asked some others selling jewelry were their tepees where cause I didn't see any. The guy laughed at me said no they lived in trailer not tepees. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Heck I didn't know I was taught in school white men stole the land from the Indians ran all the Indians out west and they lived in tepees. I'd never saw any Indians I had no clue.
My Mom's brother Dick was in the army stationed in Germany. He married a German gal who had a son about 10 years old. This was about 1962 or so. Dick got transferred to some post in Colorado. The boy was sure that Dick would be wearing the cavalry blue uniform and that the post would have a log stockade. They would be fighting Indians and worried about being scalped. I was raised around a lot of Indians and knew better. But I was certain that this kid coming from Germany had to be a Nazi.

I was told my entire life my Grandmother was x amount Cherokee Indian and my maws side had Indian. I did one them DNA test came back I was % India no Indian. I had some South African. I thought that was neat until I looked it up being white it said most likely it was people that would go out get slave to sell. I didn't like it much after that. We can't change history. And who's to say I don't have a black family on up the line. Regardless I'm still me. 😉

My Mom's brother Dick was in the army stationed in Germany. He married a German gal who had a son about 10 years old. This was about 1962 or so. Dick got transferred to some post in Colorado. The boy was sure that Dick would be wearing the cavalry blue uniform and that the post would have a log stockade. They would be fighting Indians and worried about being scalped. I was raised around a lot of Indians and knew better. But I was certain that this kid coming from Germany had to be a Nazi.
My older brother that died in December wore that Calvary hat through eight enlistments.
Was buried with it.

Here are my arrowheads. These were probably mounted on the plaque in the 70s by my grandfather. They were found over the years in plowed fields by a creek. My brother has a lot more.
I have always wondered why the Indians didn't go find the arrowheads and reuse them. Couldn't find them, had so many they didn't need them, too lazy?
I pick up my own brass.

The drugs are bad here. It's made it to where you can't really trust anybody you don't know very well.
[/QUOTE]

Bahahahahaha! You just don't know where to get them.

Drugs is a huge problem nationwide. 😓 Most people want to believe it's not as bad as it is. When overdose has become the new norm for people dying it's a problem.

I just sent a picture I had of my brother to him. He found a fossil jaw and teeth believed to be human 500,000 years old when he was 11. He received a nice framed letter from a museum, I think in Tokyo.

I have always wondered why the Indians didn't go find the arrowheads and reuse them. Couldn't find them, had so many they didn't need them, too lazy?
I pick up my own brass.

They actually did re-use arrowheads. But most often, they would need "re-worked" before using them again or re-worked into a different tool such as a scraper or awl. There is a local restaurant here that has an artifact display. On display are two projectile points embedded in bone. One is obsidian and the other point is metal. I'm guessing the successful hunter couldn't pull them out or the animals ran off wounded only to die later. Very interesting.

They actually did re-use arrowheads. But most often, they would need "re-worked" before using them again or re-worked into a different tool such as a scraper or awl. There is a local restaurant here that has an artifact display. On display are two projectile points embedded in bone. One is obsidian and the other point is metal. I'm guessing the successful hunter couldn't pull them out or the animals ran off wounded only to die later. Very interesting.
I hunted totally primitive for a few years, self bow out of hickory or Osage. Arrrows out of arrow wood or cane and trade points as flint was illegal. Made my strings out of squirrel hide using a Flemish twist.
Killed deer every year, you had to be close. A good 60# Osage is pushing an arrow 150 to 160 FPS. I shot an eight point at six steps in the right shoulder, the arrow didn't get full penetration and the buck broke it off in the brush.
This caused lack of a blood trail. I watched all this unfold and waited an hour before going the direction of the shot deer. If I had rushed that deer I most likely would have never recovered him.
Farthest I recall getting consistent pass though shots was about twenty yards through the rib cage.

I've got several dino tracks they tell me are 110 million years old. I have no idea since I wasn't around back then.