Oldest thing you own.

Help Support CattleToday:

Let's see some pictures of all these wonderful items ya'll talking about.

Let's see some pictures of all these wonderful items ya'll talking about.
Here are my arrowheads. These were probably mounted on the plaque in the 70s by my grandfather. They were found over the years in plowed fields by a creek. My brother has a lot more.

Attachments

• BA43A176-8B82-43A7-9372-64768FA986BB.jpeg
    BA43A176-8B82-43A7-9372-64768FA986BB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Here are my arrowheads. These were probably mounted on the plaque in the 70s by my grandfather. They were found over the years in plowed fields by a creek. My brother has a lot more.

Them are nice.
Seriously did Indians pack a huge bag of heavy arrowhead around with them? How come nobody ever finds the bows? Did they rot away.
I never saw a real Indians until some years ago we went out west. I swear this Native man was talking to a cowboy. I about died!! I didn't think the cowboy and Indian were friends. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I asked some others selling jewelry were their tepees where cause I didn't see any. The guy laughed at me said no they lived in trailer not tepees. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Heck I didn't know I was taught in school white men stole the land from the Indians ran all the Indians out west and they lived in tepees. I'd never saw any Indians I had no clue.

Them are nice.
Seriously did Indians pack a huge bag of heavy arrowhead around with them? How come nobody ever finds the bows? Did they rot away.
I never saw a real Indians until some years ago we went out west. I swear this Native man was talking to a cowboy. I about died!! I didn't think the cowboy and Indian were friends. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I asked some others selling jewelry were their tepees where cause I didn't see any. The guy laughed at me said no they lived in trailer not tepees. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Heck I didn't know I was taught in school white men stole the land from the Indians ran all the Indians out west and they lived in tepees. I'd never saw any Indians I had no clue.
I would guess the bows or spears did rot away over time. My wife is part Choctaw and Mexican. We used to help with a mission church in east KY, and once when her mother was visiting, some of the local children there had never seen a Native American either and they were running around excitedly saying Indians are here. Some were saying some not so nice things too. People ask her all kinds of questions sometimes.

I would guess the bows or spears did rot away over time. My wife is part Choctaw and Mexican. We used to help with a mission church in east KY, and once when her mother was visiting, some of the local children there had never seen a Native American either and they were running around excitedly saying Indians are here. Some were saying some not so nice things too. People ask her all kinds of questions sometimes.

It seems extremely ignorant if you don't know guess not. Everyone is learning. Most people that say mean things its normally cause they weren't taught any different, don't realize it's mean, or they are jealous. Native people are beautiful.

It seems extremely ignorant if you don't know guess not. Everyone is learning. Most people that say mean things its normally cause they weren't taught any different, don't realize it's mean, or they are jealous. Native people are beautiful.
I think you are right, it's likely what they were or were not taught. Some of the areas around here have been pretty isolated in the past and some folks are still not accustomed to seeing people who are different than they are.

I think you are right, it's likely what they were or were not taught. Some of the areas around here have been pretty isolated in the past and some folks are still not accustomed to seeing people who are different than they are.

Very true. Have you ever been somewhere like Memphis or Atlanta been one of few white people. Changes your out look. I love Memphis. I was there one time can't remember where exactly, I answered the man yes sir no sir like I normally would anywhere else. After a while he made a comment about how people don't talk like that being polite. 🤨🤔 I get that alot some people actually think I'm being disrespectful.

I have some arrowheads. But other than that whats left of the house my grandmother was born in. A 1865 spencer carbine rifle. Like Neds in Unforgiven. It came out of that house.

Very true. Have you ever been somewhere like Memphis or Atlanta been one of few white people. Changes your out look. I love Memphis. I was there one time can't remember where exactly, I answered the man yes sir no sir like I normally would anywhere else. After a while he made a comment about how people don't talk like that being polite. 🤨🤔 I get that alot some people actually think I'm being disrespectful.
Ever been to West Memphis. I'm betting not.

Them are nice.

A few year back I was driving from Kansas to Denver and stopped at a road side part to take a walk. It was about an hour before sunset. When I was walking towards my truck a motorcycle pulled up near my door and as I got there two guys asked if I was from around there. I said not exactly, but why? They wanted to know if it was OK to camp there. I told them they couldn't camp with tents at the roadside park, but they could find a place out of the way and be fine. Turns out they were riding from NY, never been that far west, and were concerned about being attacked by Indians during the night. I though they were kidding until I talked to them for a while, they were genuinely concerned. They had stayed with friends before that while traveling.

Memphis is our halfway stopping point, when we go to Oklahoma where my wife is from. We take in some sights around there if we have time, pretty cautious though about getting off the main roads. Nothing new to us though, I feel the same way about Lexington or any big city. I always tell my wife to be careful too here in the hills, if we are traveling. Lots of these folks just plain don't trust strangers and some have things going on they don't want found out. Always a little nervous about just turning around in a driveway. Bout everybody is well armed.

Memphis is our halfway stopping point, when we go to Oklahoma where my wife is from. We take in some sights around there if we have time, pretty cautious though about getting off the main roads. Nothing new to us though, I feel the same way about Lexington or any big city. I always tell my wife to be careful too here in the hills, if we are traveling. Lots of these folks just plain don't trust strangers and some have things going on they don't want found out. Always a little nervous about just turning around in a driveway. Bout everybody is well armed.

True. I always heard the farther East you go the worse it is. Some folks bad on pills, heroin, meth, ect.
Your right anywhere you go you have to have to be some what cautious. Ya'll seen these churches get shot up right. Church is supposed to be your safe havens. Can't say anywhere is 100% safe now days.

Latest posts