Old TV quiz.

Help Support CattleToday:

TLCfromARK

Reaction score
I saw this today and it brought back alot of old memorys. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

;-)

A TEST FOR OLD KIDS !
The answers are all printed below -but- please don't cheat!

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.

03. "Get your kicks, ___________________."

04. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed___________________."

05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the "_____________."

07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best....... _______________."

08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "________ ________".

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died." This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________. !

ANSWERS:
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.

02. The Ed Sullivan Show

03. On Route 66

04. To protect the innocent.

05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight

06. The limbo

07. Chocolate

08. Louis Armstrong

09. The Timex watch

10. Freddy, The Freeloader and "Good
Night and may God Bless."

11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)

12. Beetle or Bug

13. Buddy Holly

14. Sputnik

15. Hoola-hoop

warpaint":2jrzflch said:
Although it dates me badly, I got them all right.

Me, too, and I only had to think for a second about #6. The others came to me immediately. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Got 15 out of 16. Forgot Freddie the Freeloader.

Let's push it up a notch.

1. The Lone Rangers partner was called Tonto. What was his real/professional name?

2. How were the Beetles dresed on their first US appearance?

3. What type car was used in the Rt 66 tv show?

5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight was first recorded by whom. It had two names on the label. What was the other name?

7. What was the sound made after CHOCOLATE?

8. What was Satchmo's trademark?

9. What happened the first time Ed Sullivan demonstrated the Timex on his show?

13. The other two singers that died with Buddy Holly?

Remember No cheating.

1. Jay Silverheels

2. Suits narrow ties and soup bowl haircuts

3. Corvette

5. The Kingston Trio. Wemowha (sp?)

7. The puppet dogs mouth snapping shut

8. A white hankerchief

9. They mounted the watch on the propeller of a Mercury outboard motor in a glass tank. The watch came off the prop. They pulled a close up to prove the watch was still running. (The next week they got it right.)

13 Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper

MillIronQH said:

5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight was first recorded by whom. It had two names on the label. What was the other name?

7 Remember No cheating.

I thought it was the "Tokens" that recorded that song.

;-)

]

TLCfromARK":3v1rs0fb said:
MillIronQH":3v1rs0fb said:

7 Remember No cheating.

;-)

]

KT was the first on the same album as Zombie Jamboree.

It might have been the "Live at the Hungry Eye" album.Z

MillIronQH":1k3t0bxw said:
TLCfromARK":1k3t0bxw said:
MillIronQH":1k3t0bxw said:

7 Remember No cheating.

;-)

]

KT was the first on the same album as Zombie Jamboree.

It might have been the "Live at the Hungry Eye" album.Z

I stand corrected. :oops: I googled it and Kingston Trio recorded it in 1959 and the Tokens in 1961. I didn't remember earlier verison.
;-)

A TEST FOR New KIDS !
By Mom to 4 Husband
A new generations answers

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? Border Patrol Identification

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The Home and Garden Show

03. "Get your kicks, in before you die like Tupac ."

04. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed because we need to express tolerance for the people in this situation.

05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the greedy capilist are burning the rainforest

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the Paris Hilton

07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best....... crack

08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was Winston Marsalles

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? Mike Tyson

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named in a Frontline expose on PBS and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and God was removed by FCC censors in 2008

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their grandfathers money to keep dad in college

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW What other names did it go by? Jetta and Passat

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died." This was a tribute to Michael Jackson

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called Skylab

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the something for dolphins to choke on

Latest posts