Old skool bus ;)

Help Support CattleToday:

http://www.schoolbusdriver.org/oldshots.html

Check out them "skool" buses pretty neat. We found one while hiking yesterday. I was curious to about what year it was ran across that website....shoot its about midnight I'll about to turn to a pumpkin.....I'll post it tomorrow.

I've seen folks around here live in those. ...stove pipe ran through the window..make great cabins for deer hunting .cover them
with dirt and make a storm shelter..when a hillbilly gets hold of one the possibilities are endless.

When I started to school in 1947 the school had four new buses GMC brand all yellow. There was another bus year model unknown. It was blue and we called it the blue goose. It was used when one of the others was down. The seats in it run from the back to the front with one along each side and to two in the middle. These seats were continuous and maybe could be called benches.

THey make a nice chicken coop.............close the tag hole and the coons can't get em.

wholecirclefarmcoop.jpg

hurleyjd said:
When I started to school in 1947 the school had four new buses GMC brand all yellow. There was another bus year model unknown. It was blue and we called it the blue goose. It was used when one of the others was down. The seats in it run from the back to the front with one along each side and to two in the middle. These seats were continuous and maybe could be called benches.
Thats a cool memory. We called ours the cheese wagoning. I've be scared to put my children on a school bus. 😬 No offense to the drivers more what goes on the drives does see. I rode a school bus 30 minutes in the mornings and an 1 and 30 in the afternoons. I feel bad for our bus driver now that I've grown up. We had to been the worst bus around. He would have to pull over every few mile and yell at some kid for something. Poor man. They put a camera on there didn't change a thing. They hired bus monitors they never lasted long. I sure don't blame them. We did have a few really cool ones. This one she had a name like Marijuana.... not sure how to spell it Juwana. The kids would tease her call her Juwana Marijuana. Must of not been the first time or she smoked the stuff. She just laugh and laugh didn't have a care in the world. I believe she passed away a few years ago. She was easy going just a cool lady. I could let bus stories for days. 😅 Most now days would have gotten in serious trouble.

jltrent said:
THey make a nice chicken coop.............close the tag hole and the coons can't get em.

wholecirclefarmcoop.jpg

Hey I like that.

Have seen them used for chicken coops like the picture. And have a guy that turned one into a cattle hauling "bus". They buy steers in July-Aug and feed through the winter and sell in the spring. Buy at 350-450 lbs, graze on the grass coming back from making 1st cutting hay, feed the hay back in the winter and feed some grain. They have been buying for years and the auctioneer always says when they knock them off to them... Dull's..... "put 'em on the bus".... and that is literally where they are going... on the big yellow bus to go home.

hurleyjd said:

I have no clue the Model, used to be an old bus parked by an old barn. You boarded the bus from the back.
I would guess it was from the 20's or 30's as it was motorized.

Latest posts