old cars

Help Support CattleToday:

I am partial to the cars and trucks from the 1950's , they had so much character and each year looked different even as a kid i was always eager to see the new models. Now you can drive a car 10 years or older and if it taken care you can not tell it from a new car. They all look alike. My son worked for a company that restored old cars and the amount of time and money it takes to restore one is unbelieveable.

Cool. I went to a sale back in the fall where the owner had a whole backyard full of clunkers with trees grown thru/around them. There was a 69 Mach 1 R-code with no motor/trans which was restorable but very rough, brought around 5 grand. I wanted the 67 Mustang fastback but it was trashed. 289 4v car with an AT and air, not original drivetrain and you could drop a calf thru the floorboards, brought 1700 bucks and I wouldn't give that for it, was marginally restorable to be generous. Seen it on ebay a month later and it sold for 4 grand and didn't meet reserve. There's a sucker born every minute.

Cars I had when I was a kid and wish I still owned, at least till I sold them at today prices.
Henry J, 58 British Land Rover, 58 MGA, 58 Chevy w/348 and 3 duces, Ford Boss 302, 69 Chevy SS 396, and 72 Dodge Charger R/T

My uncle died last fall, really liked old cars, and in his machine shed covered with tarps, fully restored, is a 69 Mach 1, 67 mustang coup, 68 Firebird, and a model T and Cougar I am not sure of the year of. There is a, I think 59 Chevy pickup, that the motor is out and only the bed left to restore, as well as a couple of old Plymoths. The two kids are all scattered across the country, none of them need any more money, and just don't want to deal with the cars and farm equipment and have a sale. There is 150 years of acculimation on that farm, and no one ever threw anything away. I could have anything I want, but just wouldn't feel right ever selling it, and don't have the room. They gave me more pasture than I can use, so I rented some of it to Conley Angus, just to pay the taxes for them. Sometimes I guess you really do have enough, and want no more. gs

plumber_greg":3dfh07hy said:
My uncle died last fall, really liked old cars, and in his machine shed covered with tarps, fully restored, is a 69 Mach 1, 67 mustang coup, 68 Firebird, and a model T and Cougar I am not sure of the year of. There is a, I think 59 Chevy pickup, that the motor is out and only the bed left to restore, as well as a couple of old Plymoths. The two kids are all scattered across the country, none of them need any more money, and just don't want to deal with the cars and farm equipment and have a sale. There is 150 years of acculimation on that farm, and no one ever threw anything away. I could have anything I want, but just wouldn't feel right ever selling it, and don't have the room. They gave me more pasture than I can use, so I rented some of it to Conley Angus, just to pay the taxes for them. Sometimes I guess you really do have enough, and want no more. gs

If you would feel guilty selling it, I'd be more than willing to help you donate the Mach 1 to a good cause, me!

Well, I got a true war story about old cars.

My buddy is in the junk, er, antique business. His Dad was in the business, too, so Norm came by it naturally. He was readin' the local weekly newspaper one day and happened to see an ad for a "White, '54 Chevy business coupe, $100" sittin' for many years in a barn. Now, Norm, since he knows his antiques, says, Norm, they painted all business coupes black in 1954. Wonder what this is?

Long story short he picked up a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette for a hundred bucks. Had a little chicken poop on it but a half a day of tinkering, tires, battery and washing, it went for it's first trip around the block in 40 years. Now that's the kind of deal I'd like to run across.

lavacarancher":3ec7gqk8 said:
Well, I got a true war story about old cars.

My buddy is in the junk, er, antique business. His Dad was in the business, too, so Norm came by it naturally. He was readin' the local weekly newspaper one day and happened to see an ad for a "White, '54 Chevy business coupe, $100" sittin' for many years in a barn. Now, Norm, since he knows his antiques, says, Norm, they painted all business coupes black in 1954. Wonder what this is?

Long story short he picked up a 1954 Chevrolet Corvette for a hundred bucks. Had a little chicken poop on it but a half a day of tinkering, tires, battery and washing, it went for it's first trip around the block in 40 years. Now that's the kind of deal I'd like to run across.
man that's some story,,, best deal ive ever had offered,, was from a man who the IRS was after. he had a original 55 2dr hardtop. he was gonna turn loose for 1200.00 that was in the late 70's and i was a broke ass kid. it might as well been 12000.00 :(

Latest posts