Name Your Terminal

Help Support CattleToday:

In my opinion Charolais Bull on 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 and black polled bull 5/10 also either char or black bull on 11/12. My reasoning would be to bring uniformity to the calf crop starting with the hide :2cents:

dun":3h3wndym said:
VanC":3h3wndym said:
What makes it more serious than any of the others?
Opinion!
Differences of which make horse races.

I understand opinions. I was just curious as to why Anazazi thought none of the other answers were serious. Take mine out of it if you want. It has nothing to do with me or any particular breeds. Heck, just forget it. It's not that important.

Red Bull Breeder":3snvotye said:
Now you in the spirit of things Van. Most ever thing posted on just ain't that important. At least not enough to get worked up over.

Amen. Thanks, RBB. Sometimes I need a little reminder.

I will try to explain myself Van. Certain breeds are "terminal" to me,like limosines, chars and blondes. Many of the other breeds suggested are what I would call "terminal". And my use of the word "serious" was a bit careless, as it has a different tone in english than in my language. I meant basically that the first "terminal" breed was mentioned, a breed excelling in growth and muscle, not in more maternal traits. Of course a more "maternal" breed can provide more marbling, and still not be a "terminal" by my narrow definition. :2cents:
I hope no one was offended by my sloppy use of the words, I still try to figure out what I should have said :bang:

ANAZAZI":35l8xhd1 said:
I will try to explain myself Van. Certain breeds are "terminal" to me,like limosines, chars and blondes. Many of the other breeds suggested are what I would call "terminal". And my use of the word "serious" was a bit careless, as it has a different tone in english than in my language. I meant basically that the first "terminal" breed was mentioned, a breed excelling in growth and muscle, not in more maternal traits. Of course a more "maternal" breed can provide more marbling, and still not be a "terminal" by my narrow definition. :2cents:
I hope no one was offended by my sloppy use of the words, I still try to figure out what I should have said :bang:

No offense taken. I sent you a PM.

JeffMills517":1xeycgwe said:
If you were going to choose a breed of bull to be TERMINAL sire on each set of cows what would you choose?
1. Commercial Angus cows - Hereford
2. Black Baldy cows (Hereford X Angus) - Charolais
3. Balancer cows - Angus
4. SimAngus cows - Angus
5. Hereford cows -Angus
6. Limflex cows -Angus
7. Beefmaster or Gert cows - Angus
8. Brangus cows - Charolais
9. GelbviehXHerford cows - Angus
10. ShorthornXHerford cows - Angus

Please give an opinion in a numerical order so I can collect data effciently. Don't worry about disagreeing with others, just give your own opinion if you have one. Thanks!

(reflecting the nature of 'modern' "Angus") :D

1. commerical angus cows-gelbvieh
2. black baldy cows-gelbvieh
3. balancer cows-limousin
4. sim angus cows-limousin
5. herford cows-gelbvieh
6. limflex cows-limousin
7. beefmaster cows-limousin
8. brangus cows-limousin
9. gelbvieh x herford cows-limousin
10.shorthorn x herford-gelbvieh

JeffMills517":3aomuu8e said:
If you were going to choose a breed of bull to be TERMINAL sire on each set of cows what would you choose?
1. Commercial Angus cows
2. Black Baldy cows (Hereford X Angus)
3. Balancer cows
4. SimAngus cows
5. Hereford cows
6. Limflex cows
7. Beefmaster or Gert cows
8. Brangus cows
9. GelbviehXHerford cows
10. ShorthornXHerford cows

Please give an opinion in a numerical order so I can collect data effciently. Don't worry about disagreeing with others, just give your own opinion if you have one. Thanks!

1. Simmental or Gert (depending on market tolerance for any ear in your area)
2. Simmental or Gert (again, market tolerance for ear)
3. Simmental
4. Hereford
5. Angus, Simmental, or Gert (depending on market tolerance for ear)
6. Hereford
7. Angus or Hereford (depending on what market does with color in your area)
8. Hereford
9. Angus or Simmental
10. Angus or Simmental
11. Angus or Hereford (again depending on market for color)
12. Angus

Latest posts