More Corona madness....the drama continues

Help Support CattleToday:

greggy

Reaction score
Hi All....

So let us keep major politics out of this.

Last few days down under, in one state, the media has been banging on, cause the govt gives the talking points, about how there is a major corona out break, there is like 20 new cases for last few days......sheesh....

Now the nongs down here, seem to have forgotton, idea was to slow so hospitals could cope....

We did pretty well, had 102 deaths, till a few days ago when unfort. an 80 yr old succumbed.

We have some states refusing to open borders, we now have lockdowns starting again in that state it seems...

The media feeds this frenzy now, we seem to be a nation of multi culture but brain dead.

The biggest lol is, they have sold out of poo paper again, for gawds sakes, this shows how stupid we really are down here...when I say we, I do not mean everybody.

callmefence said:
I think it would be good if mods required greggy to use a translator. It's like he's wearing a mask.
...I can't understand him.....lol

I speak in a stralian....k 😀

Media, and governments also, have to much invested in this disease being the next black death. They're not go to let it go quietly, or risk looking like fools.

greggy said:
callmefence said:
I think it would be good if mods required greggy to use a translator. It's like he's wearing a mask.
...I can't understand him.....lol

I speak in a stralian....k 😀

Nong, Iran, a village in Hormozgan Province, IranNong District, a district of Savannakhet Province, LaosThe Nung people of Vietnam, or the Nong 农 branch of the Zhuang people of Wenshan Zhuang and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan, China
Now we know...

in Australian slang, nong is used as a pretty mild and/or endearing insult. a bit of a twit, or idiot. nothing too mean or horrid is meant by calling someone a nong.

Its straight up political where I have been. If it's a red county no mask required. If it's a blue county its required but they wear the mask around their kneck, or with their nose hanging out, or forget to put it on but tell you.. you need one.

HDRider said:
in Australian slang, nong is used as a pretty mild and/or endearing insult. a bit of a twit, or idiot. nothing too mean or horrid is meant by calling someone a nong.

Good grief. I'm such a nong!

Do we really have to wait til November for this scat to be over with? I spend most my time working. I really havnt done much differently aside from avoiding wal mart at all costs. That place... I'm done with it!

sim.-ang.king said:
Media, and governments also, have to much invested in this disease being the next black death. They're not go to let it go quietly, or risk looking like fools.

What I think is or has happened here, is the virus has given them the podium and spotlight, and this has given some relevance and elevated them like never before.

It def did not start political or personal, but it seems to have morphed, they are now addicted to that attention etc.

MurraysMutts said:
HDRider said:

Good grief. I'm such a nong!

Do we really have to wait til November for this scat to be over with? I spend most my time working. I really havnt done much differently aside from avoiding wal mart at all costs. That place... I'm done with it!

I am sure it is the same there, as here, in that if govts ask people to do things, most will not follow the request, so they have to make it law.

I have had many people tell me what they are doing, and when i asked why, they would explain that the politicians on the box said this, or, that was ok now.

I always ask, do you need the govt to tell you what to do? I.E you do not need them to tell you to practice basic hygeine or distancing, anyways, the reality is, yes, the govt does have to tell most people.

All i can say is my state has pretty much eradicated the virus, we are back to business as usual, our shows are going ahead unrestricted, football is back with crowds. Yep, very comfortable to keep those borders shut tight! Once the world reaches herd immunity which i think is getting pretty close now, then it will flip on it's head and it will be our turn to be screwed.

Yeah..that is the problem, you cannot get rid of it.....

Our 2 major airlines bleeding money and shedding jobs, with the case load here, we should be actively getting as much movement and teavel as possible....,

We cannot run and hide from this.......well, not for much longer......the plot has been lost ?

But there is a tonne of trials finishing and they are finding some effective treatments for when people start going down hill so in one way buying a bit more time is not such a bad thing. Certainly people have had enough of the shut downs, just see the beaches in the u.k. And now the U.S. owns one of our major airlines. Better than the Chinese though.

I saw today i could buy a flight from Vancouver to Rome in September for $400. They also offered insurance. Wishful thinking.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Yes, the flight is $400 - but, they will guide you into paying another $200-400 for "comfort", baggage, carry-on, etc.

Still cheap with $400 extra in baggage fees.

But my point is more so there is no way these flights will go ahead. You'll just end up collecting airline credits to a company that is on the way to bankruptcy. Its like they are funding money to support their bankruptcy. Because once that claim is made and bankruptcy is started everyone loses all their credits.

I have debated planning Disneyworld Dec 2020 tho…

Redgully said:
But there is a tonne of trials finishing and they are finding some effective treatments for when people start going down hill so in one way buying a bit more time is not such a bad thing. Certainly people have had enough of the shut downs, just see the beaches in the u.k. And now the U.S. owns one of our major airlines. Better than the Chinese though.

Was talking about that today and having a chuckle, I was thinking wait till we find out the Chinese are the back room funders....

cowgal604 said:
I saw today i could buy a flight from Vancouver to Rome in September for $400. They also offered insurance. Wishful thinking.

If it were taken, it may be a one way trip due to multiple aspects.....

Latest posts