Man Shoots, Kills Suspected Robber (Updated)

Help Support CattleToday:

When I was a kid these matters were often handled on a most local level, if you know what I mean. I'm sure a lot will disagree, but I sometimes wonder if vigilante justice was a lot more just, less time consuming, and a lot less expensive than this system today.

Ryder":2j0tvk1b said:
LoveMoo11":2j0tvk1b said:
Probably wasn't the best course of action, but at least he did something.
What would you suggest to be a better course of action?
Why would any MAN with a backbone at all (and especially one that had access to a firearm) stand there and allow another man to beat a woman that was there working to make an honest living???

My view: You eliminate a problem by eliminating the SOURCE of the problem!

:clap: :clap: Hooray for Florida! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wish some of those Floridians with some backbone and concern for their fellow man would move to NC. The crooks, crackheads, thieves, and freeloaders are running rampant and fear no one.

Nothing like the loaded cylinder of a 44 magnum facing you to make you think twice before you choose to beat and rob a minimum wage store clerk. Always good to hear that the tables were turned and the clerk was able to complete her day and go home to her family alive. The story could have ended with the clerk in a casket. Six months later; no one would even remember her name. SAD

HUS

BeefmasterB":15cnt1k1 said:
MistyMorning":15cnt1k1 said:
Mn voters have turned into the squirreliest(I'm not sure if that's even a word) bunch of voters, a former "wrestler", now this. :help:

Well, yes, there's squirrels:

squirrel.jpg

These must be the ones voting MM.

That is too funny of a pic. BmB :lol2:

And then there's real squirrels:

squirrel.jpg

This one is just disturbing..
:???:

I hope the fella is not charged with anything, I am sure if he is a good and decent man that knowing he killed someone ,no matter how justifiable, will haunt him for a very long time.

More on the story.

MAN WHO FIRED GUN PROTECTED BY FLORIDA LAWS

Chris did not have a concealed weapons permit, but he was protected by two other laws that allow drivers to carry guns in their cars and allow gun owners to start shooting if they witness a violent felony.

"He reacted in a reasonable way," Larry Anderson told Eyewitness News on Tuesday.

He doesn't think there's anything wrong with what the bystander did. Anderson runs Shoot Straight, a gun range in Apopka.

"He did what he had to do to stop somebody from getting killed," Anderson told Eyewitness News.

In Florida, it's perfectly legal to have a gun in your vehicle if it's secured in something like a holster or in your glove compartment. Eyewitness News checked and found out there's also another law on Christopher's side based on his version of what happened.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, enacted three years ago, states a person can "meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to him or herself of another person to prevent a forcible felony."

At least one customer shopping at the Kangaroo convenience store disagrees with the law and believes Christopher could've stopped the suspected robber without pulling the trigger.

"That's kind of scary that anybody can just walk up and blam, blam, and you're done," Jeff Harrison said.

Anderson believes an increase in similar crime scenes is possible as a result of people trying to protect themselves and others. He's seen a significant increase in the number of people practicing at the range and securing permits.

"You honestly can't feel safe unless you live in a cocoon," Anderson said.

At least we know that robber won't be beating up anymore sales clerks. I'm not sure if Minnesota would prosecute someone in this situation, I think because deadly force was involved it would be o.k. I was just thinking with my luck some prosecutor would charge me because there may have been a point at which the offender would have put the bottle down if given the chance.

id have shot him til he stopped moving and then went and peed on him....

i live in fl and my wife and i both carry even w/o permits..better than getting beat rape or killed even if its not 100% legal i know the baove laws already so.....lookout bad guys

My thoughts
The feller doing the robbing and beating had no respect for another human being or he would not have done this. Also he new the system and figured even if he got caught it wouldn't be that bad anyhow.
Mayby a little jail time and maby just probation.
I don't believe he would have even considered doing this had he known what was going to happen.
I feel that justice was served,and it just might give another would be robber second thoughts.
If all criminals thought something like this could mean instant death they would probably not do it.

On the other hand, the shooter if being an honest,God fearing man,this will bother him for sometime.
It' pretty easy to say you would kill someone but to actually do it is not that easy.The man I feel acted like any law abiding citizen should have.
I was in this cituation years ago when a man broke into my house while we we're asleep.
Had four little kids at home at the time.The man was armed with a handgun.
It wound up being a long drawn out ordeal with the law but it helped that I was the only witness.
It is also something you will not get over very quickly, and you never forget.
But the good thing about this me or my family was not harmed.

I do not carry a weapon but I do keep a loaded handgun in my truck, and most of the time a rifle.
There's so many stores and places that you cant enter with a gun and if you fail to read the sign on the door, you could be in deep trouble.

Cal

The news reported this morning that he (bad guy)probably had two accomplices they are looking for to charge with murder. The law here says if you commit a crime or help, and someone gets killed you will be charged with murder.

This guy had a long criminal record also. Makes you wonder how long your record has to be before they lock you up and throw away the key.

dieselbeef":j8u0oi46 said:
id have shot him til he stopped moving and then went and peed on him....

i live in fl and my wife and i both carry even w/o permits..better than getting beat rape or killed even if its not 100% legal i know the baove laws already so.....lookout bad guys

I like your attitude! :clap:

Calman":22hi4ot1 said:
On the other hand, the shooter if being an honest,God fearing man,this will bother him for sometime.
It' pretty easy to say you would kill someone but to actually do it is not that easy.The man I feel acted like any law abiding citizen should have.
I was in this cituation years ago when a man broke into my house while we we're asleep.
Had four little kids at home at the time.The man was armed with a handgun.
It wound up being a long drawn out ordeal with the law but it helped that I was the only witness.
It is also something you will not get over very quickly, and you never forget.

Well said. Stuff like this doesn't "fit" in one's image of reality. The man did right. I just hope he can live with it.

flaboy":22hi4ot1 said:
This guy had a long criminal record also. Makes you wonder how long your record has to be before they lock you up and throw away the key.

My nephew's father in law was recently kidnapped and robbed at his office in NC. The robber kidnapped him, stabbed him and drove him two hours to a friend's house. During the entire trip he talked about how he was going to kill him. He asked his friend if he could use his house to kill him in and the guy said OK. When the nut case went to retrieve him, his friend called 911 and the police came. Again, this fella had a long wrap sheet and had recently been rehabilitated and released from prison. I think a gun could have settled this much sooner.

I'm not *entirely* for this being commonplace (all criminals shot on site), but I think if it happens once in a while it really doesn't hurt. Here in BC we have to prepay all fuel purchases 24 hours a day, why? because a gas station attendant was dragged behind a vehicle for miles after trying to stop a drive-away... whatever the punks that got as jail time, or whatever for this isn't enough, and most definitely isn't too much....

I'm also all for trying juveniles in adult courts for any violent murders, etc... this whole under 19 gets a different treatment for a crime is bogus...

I know that if I was the guy who shot this crook, even though it was a means to an end which was honorable, I would still have a hard time dealing with the fact i shot someone.

Nesikep":38sey1e7 said:
I know that if I was the guy who shot this crook, even though it was a means to an end which was honorable, I would still have a hard time dealing with the fact i shot someone.
This is not critism, I want to make that perfectly clear.
It's normal to have some remorse at taking a life, but if you feel that you can;t really deal with the fact that you have killed someone, you shouldn;t carry a gun.
Back when I had the gunshop, I would get folks come in to buy a gun for protection. They would use all sort of euphemisms, i.e. wack, drop, snuff, etc. I would ask one simple question and a lot of people would change their minds. The simple question was "If you were put in the position, could you KILL someone" For som reason a lot of people think of things in the TV way by using other terms, but the actual word KILL makes them step back and reasess things.

I have always said I should not carry a gun because it would only be used against me. I don;t think I could shoot someone.

Sounds like the perfect solution to the problem. If you choose to be a part violent action, expect a violent reaction. I would not want to kill anyone. But If it came down to your life or a member of your family I don't think the grief would be the same at all. There is a lot of difference in what happened here and murder. And a comment about what Hoss said about cops on the shady side. There are a lot of cops who take the job because they are looking for a fight themselves. Some of them are just bullys. I had one jump out of his car one morning with his weapon drawn scared to death and shaking like a dog crapping barb wire. He was looking for a domestic violence participant. I was on my way to work, but my truck met the description of his. Cops are a necessary evil sometimes. I'm glad we have good cops but the cowardly cops need to get a job on the garbage truck or something more fitting for them. Bottom line. You better be able to defend yourself. Most often times the cops get there after the crime has been commited, so you're on your own.

ctlbaron":3l1028ph said:
Sounds like the perfect solution to the problem. If you choose to be a part violent action, expect a violent reaction. I would not want to kill anyone. But If it came down to your life or a member of your family I don't think the grief would be the same at all. There is a lot of difference in what happened here and murder.
You misunderstand me (and dun too I am thinking), but I am too tired to explain myself. Just know I do not think it is murder.

I wasn't singling out anything you said Angie. I didnt mean for it to seem that way. Have a good one.

dun":f0lobuq1 said:
Nesikep":f0lobuq1 said:
This is not critism, I want to make that perfectly clear.
It's normal to have some remorse at taking a life, but if you feel that you can;t really deal with the fact that you have killed someone, you shouldn;t carry a gun.
Back when I had the gunshop, I would get folks come in to buy a gun for protection. They would use all sort of euphemisms, i.e. wack, drop, snuff, etc. I would ask one simple question and a lot of people would change their minds. The simple question was "If you were put in the position, could you KILL someone" For som reason a lot of people think of things in the TV way by using other terms, but the actual word KILL makes them step back and reasess things.

Dunn,I know what you are saying.
I have a dealer liscense to buy and sell guns,but i'm not what you say in the buisness.I have it mostly because it's easier to buy guns this way.I collect guns and have more than I really need. I have my own fireing range and love shooting.To me it is a great sport.
A gun is a tool and should be used as one.
If a man brags about what he carry's and how he's going to use it,and it makes him more powerful while having a gun around him,he's dangerous and should not be allowed to have one.
For protection,especaily for a man my age,it's the best tool around.
Anyone buying a gun for the first time for protection should go through a lot of training before being allowed to carry it.If your scared of one and can't get over it with training then you shouldn't have one,because it will probably get you killed.
To kill someone should not be easy for anyone period.But to kill to protect yourself or your love ones is justified.

Just my thoughts.

Cal

Calman":1widfgqy said:
To kill someone should not be easy for anyone period.But to kill to protect yourself or your love ones is justified.

Just my thoughts.

Cal

Couldn;t agree more. Even the few cops I've known that had to kill someone had to deal with it. almost a sadness about it being necesarry

I like the idea of people carrying guns. I agree you need to know how to use them and they should only be used when YOU feel it is neccessary. Just like in this case, as with the other customer, people are always willing to throw their opinions into the mix when they are armed with hindsight. I gun is a wonderful equalizer for bad situations like this. Years ago I was forced off the road by 4 thugs who intended to harm me or rob me. Mistaken identity maybe. I really don't know. But rather than allowing them to bang up my truck I pulled over on the side of the road. 3 or the 4 jumped out of their car and charged me. I pulled a revolver and had the three on their knees before me begging for their lives. I told them I didn't know what their problem was but they best get back in their car and leave me alone. They did. I learned a lot from this. First, there are mean crazy people out there. If you pull a gun you best be ready use it. Its not a good idea to have an unloaded gun - it needs to be loaded. But even an unloaded gun has some use. ;-)

i hagve actually had to defend myself w/a gun once. thankfully i didnt hafta fire it. i ended up with a fractured jaw froma good kicking befroe i pulled it...it happened so fast i didnt know what hit me. but when i got off the floor they scattered like rats....my buddy also had to talk down a few guys looking to have some fun with us only by pointing it at the ground and asking them (they were armed with shovels actually) well then..who wants to die first??

these guys were thinkin they were clever by saying he only had 5 bullets seein as there was about 7 of them and 5 of us. it was a moment ill never fergit....we still talk aboutthat sometimes and were sure glad we didnt hafta find out.

guns make a great equalizer and are great for talking people out of doin stupid crap....but ya fer sure gotta mean what ya say...

personally i could shoot some scumbag and feel zero remorse....none

Latest posts