Man Shoots, Kills Suspected Robber (Updated)

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":vg75my26 said:
I have always said I should not carry a gun because it would only be used against me. I don;t think I could shoot someone.

Angie, you may be surprised to find out what you will do when it comes to you or them. Under stress like that the survival mode in you from nature will kick in. I have had to take lives in military combat. When the adrenalin is high and you are scared the gravity of it does not register until later. In some cases years later. Even though it weighs heavily on the mind and heart I would not change what I done. If I could and did change it I would not be here typing at a puter today. Some guy in another country would be typing at his.

I think you would do what you had to when the chips were down.

Jogeephus":2p5rwyd6 said:
Years ago I was forced off the road by 4 thugs who intended to harm me or rob me. Mistaken identity maybe. I really don't know. But rather than allowing them to bang up my truck I pulled over on the side of the road. 3 or the 4 jumped out of their car and charged me. I pulled a revolver and had the three on their knees before me begging for their lives. I told them I didn't know what their problem was but they best get back in their car and leave me alone. They did. I learned a lot from this. First, there are mean crazy people out there. If you pull a gun you best be ready use it. Its not a good idea to have an unloaded gun - it needs to be loaded. But even an unloaded gun has some use. ;-)

Been there, done that. So has my wife. Those times a gun was a very excellent crime deterrent. A gun can be a very comforting device in certain situations. But you have got to be ready to use it if needed. No bluff.

Not to disagree with Cal and others, but I have known men very well that have killed. I know it did not bother them one bit. A couple of these men "intended" to do it. But that was a different kind of man in a different time. They are all gone now.

Latest posts