Looking At Diesel Trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

I just rolled past 242,000 miles on my '13 F350. Bought new and not one issue with drive train or peripherals. I've Hit a deer once and 4 piglets one night so replaced headlight once. (Just needed the lens but you have to buy the whole assembly!)
I Change oil regularly about every 7000 miles. Fuel filters every 20,000. Still running strong. Dang beds are high though or I'm getting shorter. They give you a tail gate step with a stripper pole so that helps when I need to get up there. When ready, guess I'll get another F350.

ive got a 2015 f 350 with 6.7, crew cab with flat bed. strong truck but the ride is terrible, on a concrete interstate you cant even talk in it. Its pulled anything ive wanted to pull, has a lifetime warranty so I guess ill put up with the ride.

sstterry said:
bse said:
i has a lifetime warranty so I guess ill put up with the ride.

Where did you get a lifetime warranty?

came with the truck through the dealer, I asked how they can do that, said there gambling that people will trade them before it matters, there is $100 deductible but covers all the way to u joints. so far they have put turbo and fuel pump on, cost to me $100 both done at the same time, the body will have to fall apart before i get rid of it.

bse said:
sstterry said:
bse said:
i has a lifetime warranty so I guess ill put up with the ride.

came with the truck through the dealer, I asked how they can do that, said there gambling that people will trade them before it matters, there is $100 deductible but covers all the way to u joints. so far they have put turbo and fuel pump on, cost to me $100 both done at the same time, the body will have to fall apart before i get rid of it.

Can you PM me the dealer's name. It would be worth the drive to Middle Tenn to get a deal like that!

sstterry said:
bse said:
sstterry said:

Can you PM me the dealer's name. It would be worth the drive to Middle Tenn to get a deal like that!

Let me know when you're coming an we'll grab lunch.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Let me know when you're coming an we'll grab lunch.

You are assuming the dealer is in Brentwood. What if it is Lawrenceburg? :lol: :lol:

Since we don't have a Ford Store in Brentwood I wasn't making that assumption at all. We have a huge Ford dealer in Franklin however.

I've narrowed my search down to f350 lariat 137 k miles is that to many miles I assumed it was highway miles and maybe an oil rig guy truck not sure from pics inside and outside look great see in person but I'm leaning towards this one. Under 35k test driving this weekend.
A king ranch 2011 ford 250 103 k miles test driving as well Saturday . 32 k cost
And a ram 2014 2500 130k miles 33k
Honestly I'm trying to get 150-200k miles out of whichever truck maybe more. It won't be an everyday truck cattle hauling hauling tractors/lawn mowers when need be. Thinking less then 15k a yr on my part I'll add to it if that. Curious what do you guys think ? Going to buy Saturday just don't know which one exactly yet.

What year is the Lariat with 137k?

For conversation's sake, you're within 8-10k of a brand new diesel truck. Granted it won't have heated seats or anything fancy, but it'll have a warranty.

http://www.ranchworldads.com/classified.php?listing=112182

I know absolutely nothing about the truck nor seller, but the price seems reasonable.

I've had Ford trucks since I started driving, other than buying an '07 Dodge so I could stay away from the 6.0/6.4 era of Fords. The Dodge gave me so much trouble I sold it before it hit 100k and replaced it with a new Ford 6.7 last year. So far, I love the new Ford other than the fuel mileage. The Dodge is merely a shipping container for the Cummins engine, and a poorly designed one at that.

cfpinz said:

For conversation's sake, you're within 8-10k of a brand new diesel truck. Granted it won't have heated seats or anything fancy, but it'll have a warranty.

And just about what an XL 6.2 would cost

cfpinz said:

For conversation's sake, you're within 8-10k of a brand new diesel truck. Granted it won't have heated seats or anything fancy, but it'll have a warranty. 2016

TCRanch said:
cfpinz said:

No heated seats?!? Hard pass! ;-)
Lol the 2016 Ford 350 is fully loaded just has 137 k miles

Bfields30 said:
TCRanch said:
cfpinz said:

Soon to be 4 years old...for that kind of money I would go new or keep looking. Better yet probably go gas burner..

jltrent said:
Bfields30 said:
TCRanch said:
Soon to be 4 years old...for that kind of money I would go new or keep looking. Better yet probably go gas burner..

Exactly my train of thought last year, wound up buying a fairly nicely optioned F350 XLT single cab dually last year for mid 40's. Not only does it have a warranty, but I know the maintenance has been kept up since day one. FWIW, I swore I'd never buy another new truck again until this one.

And there's no way I'd buy a diesel pickup these days unless I had an absolute need for it.

cfpinz said:
jltrent said:
Bfields30 said:

Exactly my train of thought last year, wound up buying a fairly nicely optioned F350 XLT single cab dually last year for mid 40's. Not only does it have a warranty, but I know the maintenance has been kept up since day one. FWIW, I swore I'd never buy another new truck again until this one.

And there's no way I'd buy a diesel pickup these days unless I had an absolute need for it.
I do like Hubby's diesel Man Truck for pulling the stock trailer, heavy loads, etc. but I'm glad I went back to a gasser. You can get a fully loaded new gasser for the same or less than a bare bones diesel. And maintenance is waaaay less expensive.

If paying that much for a used truck might not hurt to get a carfax or run the vin # by a dealership to see if it has had any major problems. I think the time has come that used pick ups just cost allot. My 18 F350 was mid $60's new so I'm hoping it'll bring around 45-50 when it has 100-120k. It's hard to imagine a 5 yr old truck with a 100k miles costing $50,000 but that seems to be were the market is headed.

Went with 2012 lariat 115k miles 31 k out the door owner was a 60 yr old everything on it is nice he took care of it and had it serviced every 3-5k miles

Latest posts