Looking At Diesel Trucks

Help Support CattleToday:

Good choice, when it comes to trucks, their is only one, almost all of emergency vehicles like ambulance or other have ford on the front, not really sure who is second or third doesn't matter gm or Chrysler are in the same boat, in trouble.

sstterry said:
Bfields30 said:

Went with 2012 lariat 115k miles 31 k out the door owner was a 60 yr old everything on it is nice he took care of it and had it serviced every 3-5k miles

Is it a little early to be buying her her first truck? Good looking truck and daughter.
Lol thanks yeah she's loving riding in the pasture and touching the cows out the window

Bfields30 said:

Went with 2012 lariat 115k miles 31 k out the door owner was a 60 yr old everything on it is nice he took care of it and had it serviced every 3-5k miles
You might try getting in touch with the previous owner they might still have the gooseneck ball laying around somewhere.

Very nice looking truck and your daughter is a very cute little girl. Thanks for posting......With that few of miles and knowing about the ownership of the truck you will probably get a real good truck.

. Take care of it and it will last. I got 500,000 miles out of a 2012 6.7 Cummins. It had a load of hay on its back for 400,000 of those miles. Started knocking so I traded it in for a f450 .

Bfields30 said:
Ford 250-350 & Dodge 2500 used trucks most of the ones I've been checking our 2012-2016 less than 120 k miles.

Any pros cons you guys have had with them any advice can help as well as anything I should look for to stay away from.

I've owned a 2010 Chevy 2500 and a 2014 dodge 2500. I would personally look for something with less miles on it. These DPF filters they are putting on these trucks is very hard on them, and most need to be replaced right around the 100-120k mile mark. That's a $2000 expense. Plus, diesels hold their value. I bought that dodge with 11k miles on it for $45k, sold it 3 years later with 85k miles for $45k.

I deleted the DPF filter on the dodge also. It was running hot, and that fixed it. 20 mpg after the delete. Dodge doesn't have great transmissions though.

Latest posts