linebred angus herds (problems)

Help Support CattleToday:

" vclavin wrote:
The recent Red Angus Osteopetrosis was originated in a Shoshone Black Angus Bull. A friend of ours raised the Red Angus and was line breeding when a huge majority of his calves were born dead with this genetic defect.
Valerie"

Well I guess I must have had Alabama dust in my eyes. :lol: No doubt it came from the line behind the bull though. :)

RD-Sam":82aonv9d said:
Well I guess I must have had Alabama dust in my eyes. :lol: No doubt it came from the line behind the bull though. :)
Titan seems like old news. What is your problem with the Shoshone and Wye lines? It really is a small influence in the present commercial population. Are these lines a threat that will contaminate the nations cowherd? These lines must be rather useless. The "leaders", GAR, SAV,OCC, etc have no recent Shoshone or Wye introductions in their programs, so why be concerned? Mike Lorig

There probably isn't a pedigree in the US that doesn't have Wye cattle in the pedigree. The diseases don't just disappear with time, they have to be bred out. And where did I say I had a problem with anyone?

Latest posts