is this not illegal in the US????

Help Support CattleToday:

Completely beyond my comprehension, but I can't see where they're doing anything that's actually illegal and prosecutable. Maybe breaking some laws that would be considered "blue laws" nowadays, but nobody would enforce it, because they would likely lose if challenged.
They probably can't get a marriage license for now, but the legalization of gay marriage certainly sets a precedent for them to battle any challenges. If two people of the same gender can marry, why not two people who happen to be blood relatives?

I don't know if it should be illegal but it is terrible immoral and both should be checked into a loony bin asap and the key should be tossed in the Thames !

I highly doubt it was God that brought them together . :devil2:

I think most if not all states have laws against the actual act of sex between blood relatives but I doubt anyone has thought far enough in advance to add in science aided pregnancies... We shouldn't have to think that far out.

CF I can see your point about same sex marriage and blood relations marrying, but doesn't interbreeding cause deformity?

It can, it's how we got "Bluebloods", the term comes from when the European aristocracy were so inbred they kept passing along the gene for a disease that as I recall is similar to hemophilia....anyway.... back to these people....it's a mute point as they're not having children together, she's 70+. They hired a surrogate and an egg donor.

I'm not condoning it, and I'm guessing both need some serious therapy, but once marriage was redefined to permit gay marriage, the door was opened, and there is no longer any basis for any law preventing these two from being together. Nor plural marriages, nor sibling marriages, or any other marriage between any other variation of consenting adults. The world has turned a very sharp corner, indeed.

They paid $54,000 for a donor egg, so she isn't the mother as much as she might like to think she is.
I've never seen this reported in the Indiana media, but we did have a case of demonic possession a while back.
Our prosecutors are overworked with Meth (and in Indianapolis, murder) cases so this isn't going to get a second glance from the prosecutor.

CottageFarm":10r3saqe said:
CF I can see your point about same sex marriage and blood relations marrying, but doesn't interbreeding cause deformity?

It can, it's how we got "Bluebloods", the term comes from when the European aristocracy were so inbred they kept passing along the gene for a disease that as I recall is similar to hemophilia...

The term blue blood does rather come from the visigoths that were the royalty and aristocracy in spain in the years after the collapse of the roman empire. The visigoths were of nordic origin (like me), and due to lighter pigmentation the blood vessels on the inside of the wrists were visible despite heavy tan from the spanish sun. The blood vessels of course appear blue, thus blue blooded meant that you were related to the king, simply because the commoners in the area had a darker pigmentation.

The present king in spain is a decendant not only from the first visigoth king Theoderic, but also of the prophet Muhammed. In fact most european royalty decend from the prophet, among them the present swedish king, in his case the link is queen victoria of england.

I always thought the Visigoths to have been German, but I may be wrong, I'm not up on European history, just British Industrial Revolution and Education reform. but what you are saying does seem plausible.