Sun over us

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
The forecast now for Texas is sun over our area. Only time will tell if people will swarm us…I think if there is any money to be made it will be pulling people out of the mud…

When I was a kid, there was an old man that kept the road in front of his house rutted up and wetted down. People would get stuck and he'd pull them out for a charge. Neighbors didn't like him. I don't remember his name.

I'm sick of seeing and hearing the word 'totality' everywhere I go and have to put up with it another 7 days. The big park west of town that might get a few people walking and hiking each week is sold out/reserved all their spots, with bands and vendors and the food trucks are the ones that are gonna make a $$$ killing. Wife wants us to go out there that day and hear the music and I want to stay home. The dang festivities are going to be going on Apr 5-9th.

2 night tent camping out there is $200 fee to the Copperas Cove City/Chamber of Commerce. They offer 2, 3, 4, and 5 night camping with prices escalating each category.
Just to drive out there and park (free all the rest of the year) will be $25 per vehicle.

Their flyer reads like some kind of impending disaster warning:
eclipse.jpg

It's still gonna get dark, rain of shine.
Starting to get a little concerned over all the hoopla. Bell county line is 7 miles away and they've already issued a local disaster proclamation because of the influx of people next week. The 400,000 population is projected to double.

Here, the forecast is not good to watch Ra the sun god and his fiery chariot stumble into a big pothole either.
eclipseweather.jpg

Last edited:
Sure was nice having empty roads on Monday from everything being closed and the threat of clouds for the eclipse. That was a show to see though!

Latest posts