Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB":1vg43kr9 said:
callmefence":1vg43kr9 said:
It's ashamed so many would worry about being sued.
Those two men don't have any coward in them. They didn't hesitate to step up and I doubt their very worried about being sued.
Good luck with finding a lawyer to do it.
Texas also has pretty good frivolous lawsuit laws.

Come on Fence, you know lawyers better than that. When have ethics ever kept a lawyer from trying to make a buck?
This jughead would represent Charles Manson, if there's a buck to be made... Folks in Huntsville will be glad to ship him to y'all https://www.google.com/search?q=bruce+g ... VC_4Wwt7BM:

Bright Raven":3mzojnha said:
NEFarmwife":3mzojnha said:
Bright Raven":3mzojnha said:
Might not have been a smart thing giving an interview. His actions might promt some form of litigation. I doubt it but it could happen. More likely a civil case if the shooter's family sees a way to collect on it. I doubt any legal counsel would have supported him giving an interview.

This would be extremely difficult to do in Texas. While the shooter never entered the home or property of the "hero" who intervened... Texas does have the castle law. Someone trying to throw a civil suit on a Texan who saved lives by taking someone else's, is untouchable, so to speak.

Yes. Texas would be a difficult venue for a civil case. But that does not influence the potential of a civil suit if someone decides to pursue it and even if the outcome is crystal clear, there is a cost associated with legal services. The use of lethal force does not come without consequences. The author of Use of Lethal Force in the State of Montana includes a caution in his book, always assume every case where lethal force is used will result in litigation if not in criminal court, in civil court. Therefore, he advises that a public statement not be given without legal representation. I do believe this Hero is enjoying the attention. Good for him, one of life's pleasures.

Edited to add: Castle law would not be applicable in this case.

In Indiana, a third party is awarded a tag for a violent aggressor. In short, if I were to witness you threatening someone, let alone shooting up a church, I am well within my rights to use force. This is a lawsuit happy country, and it makes me sick. That man did something heroic.

Black gun enthusiast get ready.

Sadly, U.S. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn of Texas is one of the first Senators to surrender to Dianne Feinstein and her pals at Gun Control Inc.

In fact, Senator John Cornyn is leading the charge for a REPUBLICAN push for gun control.

Caustic Burno":mnsf7zuw said:

Sadly, U.S. Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn of Texas is one of the first Senators to surrender to Dianne Feinstein and her pals at Gun Control Inc.

In fact, Senator John Cornyn is leading the charge for a REPUBLICAN push for gun control.
It's not black guns it's all guns. The politicians and anyone else with armed security want no guns in the public hands. Control the guns, control the people. I feel I need my black guns to protect myself and family from government over reach before I'd need it for self defense.
My dad told me yesterday he's to old to fight anymore legal battles, but he'd still fight for this country. He's 91 years old and still willing to fight for the US of A. He surprised me and I was a little taken back.

callmefence":2h7ox09h said:
It's ashamed so many would worry about being sued.
Those two men don't have any coward in them. They didn't hesitate to step up and I doubt their very worried about being sued.
Good luck with finding a lawyer to do it.
Texas also has pretty good frivolous lawsuit laws.
Fence we both know there are scum bag lawyers under every turd just hoping they get a chance to sue this man. They may not get all they want but they know they'll usually get something and that's all that matters to them. They never worry about tomorrow.

True Grit Farms":2qwb5yjk said:
Caustic Burno":2qwb5yjk said:

It's not black guns it's all guns. The politicians and anyone else with armed security want no guns in the public hands. Control the guns, control the people. I feel I need my black guns to protect myself and family from government over reach before I'd need it for self defense.
My dad told me yesterday he's to old to fight anymore legal battles, but he'd still fight for this country. He's 91 years old and still willing to fight for the US of A. He surprised me and I was a little taken back.

The problem is your 1 in a 100K.

Caustic Burno":p3lfwhf2 said:
True Grit Farms":p3lfwhf2 said:
Caustic Burno":p3lfwhf2 said:

What's that supposed to mean? Those aren't that bad of odds considering what your fighting for. We're not all going to lay down and play pansy at this stage of our lives.

as many as say they will likely wont..

but there are so many that only a portion needs to...

it wont be good in the unlikely event ever happens

True Grit Farms":16g0pjhk said:
Caustic Burno":16g0pjhk said:
True Grit Farms":16g0pjhk said:

What's that supposed to mean? Those aren't that bad of odds considering what your fighting for. We're not all going to lay down and play pansy at this stage of our lives.

It's not you gentleman that the anti gun folks are concerned with. They know they will NEVER take your guns or change your line of thought. This is a slow, steady play. They know they will win over time by changing thought over generations; sadly it works. They could never enforce or make a direct gun grab because this would unite too many to a common cause and even sway the fenceriders...so you pervert, redefine, and passively attack the 2nd Amendment, so that younger generations don't fully grasp it's importance. Then, you have govt sponsored voluntary gun collections (funded with taxpayer dollars), limited ammo availability, etc etc.. They know they won't get your guns from you or me, they're banking on or grandkids turning them in willfully, especially if we see a major economic event...trade those guns for bread and cheese....

"trade those guns for bread and cheese...."

That's going to be a tough choice for folks like Skyhightree.....cheese being his siren's song..

Firearms will become obsolete. Technology is the greatest threat to firearms. It is only a matter of how long it takes. 2050, 2077, 2093????? I doubt politicians will ever disarm America. But there will be a time when a concealed firearm will be about as useful as carrying a pocket full of stones.

Until then, enjoy them.

They will continue to tack little laws around gun ownership, making it very complicated on all aspects. They will do the same on mental health profiling.
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal or a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...
.... there will be bots scanning the web for keywords and phrases like........"chute em behinn de year" :D ....... that's all they'll need..

callmefence":8g3rusow said:
They will continue to tack little laws around gun ownership, making it very complicated on all aspects. They will do the same on mental health profiling.
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal are a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...
.... there will be bots scanning the web for keywords and phrases like........"chute em behinn de year" :D ....... that's all they'll need..

In the short term yes. In the long term - and please keep this CONFIDENTIAL. They are working on a projectile interception field. It is called "The Overhead Devine Projectile Interception System". It is scheduled to be in place by 2048. The international community is currently in negotiations with one of the divinities. I don't know which one. But the Divinity if he agrees to the terms of the contract will create an overhead projectile vacuum. When a firearm is discharged, the bullet will be immediately sucked up into the overhead interception trap as it is called. This will end mass shootings and make firearms useless.

callmefence":2nf10c1j said:
It will become where they can very easily make you a criminal or a mad man. Effectively disarming you legally...
I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.

ChrisB":1c0n11f7 said:
callmefence":1c0n11f7 said:
I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.

Grand conspiracy no...its quite cut and dry. Anti gun community vs pro gun community...and for various reasons previously posted, the latter is/will continue to shrink. That's what happens when you trade freedom for govt provided safety/security (beyond sane rational balanced approach).
If there were a true conspiracy, govt would just seize control of ammo manufacturers (for national security) and render John Q citizen guns useless after he expires his ammo supply.

bball":36jkwmn5 said:
ChrisB":36jkwmn5 said:
callmefence":36jkwmn5 said:

Grand conspiracy no...its quite cut and dry. Anti gun community vs pro gun community...and for various reasons previously posted, the latter is/will continue to shrink. That's what happens when you trade freedom for govt provided safety/security (beyond sane rational balanced approach).
If there were a true conspiracy, govt would just seize control of ammo manufacturers (for national security) and render John Q citizen guns useless after he expires his ammo supply.

Calling seizure of private industry "conspiracy" is a gross understatement. That would be outright "martial law" or worse. For that to occur, the legislative branch would have to abdicate their duty to keep the executive branch in check. What you're talking would be a non-constitutional government.

Bright Raven":b309wm9g said:
bball":b309wm9g said:
ChrisB":b309wm9g said:

Calling seizure of private industry "conspiracy" is a gross understatement. That would be outright "martial law" or worse. For that to occur, the legislative branch would have to abdicate their duty to keep the executive branch in check. What you're talking would be a non-constitutional government.

Sounds far fetched doesn't It? Give it 20 or 30 years. Folks probably wouldn't even blink. They barely did when the last administration blatantly violated our rights to privacy when the CIA and its contractors constructed multiple programs to spy on John Q citizen; his texts, emails, phone calls, even to activate the cameras in the laptop or cell phone to view them...all for 'national security '. Barely any handsmacks handed down, and the guy who outed them can't even return to this country safely. Legislative/executive/judicial doesn't mean Jack when they want something done..and seems like most citizens really don't care either.

I would add, the administration prior was also integral in initiating those programs as well.

It's not that far fetched..we allowed the govt to manage our most important asset; namely the minds of our youth. Public education is one simple example of govt managing an institution that should be private..no one thinks twice...as we consistently slide down the scale in education worldwide.

Latest posts