Interview with the Texan who stopped the massacre

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":2usgje4m said:
Bright Raven":2usgje4m said:
Bball,

Forgive me for not responding to your question marks on "taking a knee". What I was referencing was the football players taking a knee during the traditional playing or singing of the US National Anthem to protest a Nation that does not meet their expectations.

It follows that a nation that you portrayed as robbing citizens of their rights and spying on its citizens even conducting clandestine operations against it citizens may warrant "taking a knee" in protest.

Ahhh ok, :idea: Thanks for clarifying.
I chose to protest my dissatisfaction with aspects of our govt by voting, teaching my children to be responsible, thoughtful citizens that take their civic duties seriously and understand the responsibilty and duty they have to be informed. I would go on, but I fear I have derailed this thread beyond repair as it sits already.

PS..kneeling is for quitters, unless you're in church. 8)

Yes. We did take it off track. It was fun though. :lol:

Bright Raven":3nx3t7gn said:
bball":3nx3t7gn said:
ChrisB":3nx3t7gn said:
I agree that this is how it will go down. I don't think there is a grand conspiracy plan though. "Common sense" laws will be passed that the majority will agree with. There will continue to be crimes committed using guns and more "common sense" laws will be passed and it will just continue until guns will be illegal. First large capacity clips, then the "black guns" as CB calls them. Then it will be all semi-autos, then... Even most of those pushing for very strict gun laws usually make exemptions for firearms used for hunting. But I really feel that eventually hunting will become a less acceptable activity and there will be laws slowly passed to eliminate it. Then the exemptions for owning a firearm for hunting will become moot and there won't be any reason law abiding people should own them. I don't have any idea how long that will take, probably many generations.

Grand conspiracy no...its quite cut and dry. Anti gun community vs pro gun community...and for various reasons previously posted, the latter is/will continue to shrink. That's what happens when you trade freedom for govt provided safety/security (beyond sane rational balanced approach).
If there were a true conspiracy, govt would just seize control of ammo manufacturers (for national security) and render John Q citizen guns useless after he expires his ammo supply.

Calling seizure of private industry "conspiracy" is a gross understatement. That would be outright "martial law" or worse. For that to occur, the legislative branch would have to abdicate their duty to keep the executive branch in check. What you're talking would be a non-constitutional government.

All you need are some radical Federal judges to say X gun ownership, and the whole country will follow right along.

Don't believe me? Just look at Dred Scott, Roe v Wade, Obergefell, and countless other unconstitutional rules by Federal courts, just so they can push an agenda.

True Grit Farms":3a3y2orc said:
https://youtu.be/zOm9QuTIXF0
Here's a good song about taking a knee.

I used "taking a knee" as an example. My point is that if a group or even an individual believes the nation is corrupt or in violation of the principles it is founded on, then protest should not be condemned. Bball painted a rather unsavory picture of a government that spies on its citizenry. Perhaps protest is an option to begin addressing the injustice. It does not have to be taking a knee. Although IMO, taking a knee is a rather mild form of protesting injustice.

Bright Raven":1on4f1s1 said:
True Grit Farms":1on4f1s1 said:

I used "taking a knee" as an example. My point is that if a group or even an individual believes the nation is corrupt or in violation of the principles it is founded on, then protest should not be condemned. Bball painted a rather unsavory picture of a government that spies on its citizenry. Perhaps protest is an option to begin addressing the injustice. It does not have to be taking a knee. Although IMO, taking a knee is a rather mild form of protesting injustice.
Only a dang fool would think that the government isn't spying on them. I have nothing to hide so I don't care one way or the other. I'm all for DNA testing and micro chip implants, if it means that I can legally carry a gun anywhere I travel in the US of A. The government is taking power from the people instead of giving power to the people.

True Grit Farms":18g43tf3 said:
Bright Raven":18g43tf3 said:
True Grit Farms":18g43tf3 said:

Only a dang fool would think that the government isn't spying on them. I have nothing to hide so I don't care one way or the other. I'm all for DNA testing and micro chip implants, if it means that I can legally carry a gun anywhere I travel in the US of A. The government is taking power from the people instead of giving power to the people.

Or someone who's support depends on the government.
They know everything about you.
After Harvey know some people that applied for FEMA it was scary in what they knew about them.

Bright Raven":2hmbr78i said:
True Grit Farms":2hmbr78i said:

It's not protesting. It's being disrespectful - out of spite.

Go to a protest. Everyone there has a common cause. Listen to the cause of these people. Everyone of them have a different story.

Tired seeing all this stuff. Raven, appreciated Your contra view-dont like it. If a responsible
citizen is inclined to approach adversity, and win. Why all the crap on civil suits ?? If a man makes
a reasonable choice, we should support him , not question if he gonna get sued. been following Raven
Views thru several names. Basically he middle to left wing, want to argue with me . email or private
message, will not do on public forum, Just think he gets too much slack here. when we cross from
entertain to truth??? I dont know >

wlamarparmer":3r7l6st6 said:
Tired seeing all this stuff. Raven, appreciated Your contra view-dont like it. If a responsible
citizen is inclined to approach adversity, and win. Why all the crap on civil suits ?? If a man makes
a reasonable choice, we should support him , not question if he gonna get sued. been following Raven
Views thru several names. Basically he middle to left wing, want to argue with me . email or private
message, will not do on public forum, Just think he gets too much slack here. when we cross from
entertain to truth??? I dont know >
Left wing, middle wing, right wing. IDK. You didn't say anything I would argue with.
Edited to add: Hey Lamar, sometimes I do stoke the fires but someone has to throw a little bit of crap on the opposite wall or this forum would be a back slappers fest.

Latest posts