I'm I the only one who is beginning to hate.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":3vnoafgj said:
I'll answer your question. Many human short comings, I flourish in. Jealousy and envy, I feel I don't posses. I have a wife, 3 kids, some land, some cattle, some horses, some equipment. I don't have time to take care of the things I have, the way I'd like to. To want more, would be a waste of time. My needs are met, both emotional and physical.

OK, my thoughts were not as much about posessions as it was about trying to judge another users "life". I thought that was beyond the scope of what can be assessed on a forum.

Your statement:

I hate when people paint a much more flattering picture of their life, than is true.

That is a judgement. Based on what information? That is what puzzles me.

This is not important. I was curious.

Bigfoot, your selfie last evening was funny!

An unrelated issue. Goes back to your comment about non-response to my dribble. (Trying to avoid the word that is against the rules).

Why do you get offended? If you are secure in your position, why is an opposing position offensive?

I am curious.

Keepin it civil here---------I thought we had hashed this out before. I have a broader definition of taking the lords name in vain than most people do. For instance, I don't say "The man upstairs". I have viewed many of your comments as taking the Lords name in vain. I'm pretty sure, if you think back that is always where you and I part the water.

We may be confusing Facebook, with the forum. Truthfully, I don't have Facebook. I do creep on my wife's a little. Not many posters here, do I know their personal life, to know if the things they post here are accurate in accordance with their personal life.

Case in point, about Facebook, this may go more towards Instagram. My wife may post a picture, with a caption about what goes on here on the farm. Somebody may see us working cattle. The picture will be shared in a very positive light , of a father and his children working together and accomplishing goals. We tend to not put up a pic of me hitting a cow in the face with a boat paddle. Both things happened, but only one is available for public viewing and comment.

Here, I think we all understand what goes on when you work cattle. Make sense?

Bigfoot, yes. Thanks.

I understand your values. Why do you judge me because I don't share them? It should not make us enemies.

I confess, that I behave contrary to your values. Should that offend you? Don't I also live by our constitutional laws? Even if I poke sarcasm at another person's faith. Do they not poke sarcasm at Atheist?

Ron, you repeatedly keep bringing up the subject you say you want to avoid.

Why?

Seem to want to impart your thoughts on the subject but harp on others when they don't get close.

I guess I need to find something else to read while I'm stuck inside today. This old song and dance is old and boring.

Good thing this place has rules that are equally enforced. Probaby why it's so popular these days. Maybe a product of selection?

Add something: when you post, that you don't believe------That's all you, I can't change that. I won't try. I know I can't. Am I offended by your lack of belief?------Not at all (I honestly mean that)

My relation ship with God is personal. I honestly have a personal relationship with God. Far fetched? ( not to me). Just as I would be offended if somebody criticized a family member, I am offended when any of the 3 are criticized (The father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit). Do I expect you to understand that? No. Do expect you to honor that? No

Taking the Lords name in vain is a fairly big deal to meal. Should I make as big of a deal about it as I do? I think I go overboard. I have fought in fist fights, over the Lords name being taken in vain. Was this the Christian thing to do? No. I post this only as an explanation, so you will see, that my relationship with God transcends, what many might understand. I realize I can't force it on others. I usually don't creep out of my shell, until Gods name is used in an unpositve light. It destroys my witness, and I guess I shouldn't be that way. Thats the way I am, and it is unlikely to change.

Again, I point out that to best of my recollection I quit a long time ago trying to influence you. Pearls thrown to swine etc. I think, but can't prove that you post some of the things you do, just to get a rise out of people. Again, that's all you. You do what makes you happy. I could conjecture that your an unhappy man. I don't know that's true. I could conjecture that your lonely. I don't know that's true. It's also just conjecture that you post some of the things you do just for your own excitement. I also don't know that's true. Long story short, post whatever makes you happy, or brings you joy. If you just want to get a rise out of me, it will only come when you take the Lords name in vain. That was typed quick and without proof reading. Not sure if my point even came across.

You, and people like you (Don't take offense to that), have actually been good for my Christian journey. I find more peace in my belief, than I used to. I also put more effort in to people I can help, than people I know I can't. I view life as too short, you view life as too short. I'd set up a rescue station at the gates of hell if I could, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I cast seeds, and hope they fall on fertile soil. It's hit or miss, and largely unsuccessful, but it's what I do.

Bigfoot":2ns7rp8m said:
Add something: when you post, that you don't believe------That's all you, I can't change that. I won't try. I know I can't. Am I offended by your lack of belief?------Not at all (I honestly mean that)

My relation ship with God is personal. I honestly have a personal relationship with God. Far fetched? ( not to me). Just as I would be offended if somebody criticized a family member, I am offended when any of the 3 are criticized (The father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit). Do I expect you to understand that? No. Do expect you to honor that? No

Taking the Lords name in vain is a fairly big deal to meal. Should I make as big of a deal about it as I do? I think I go overboard. I have fought in fist fights, over the Lords name being taken in vain. Was this the Christian thing to do? No. I post this only as an explanation, so you will see, that my relationship with God transcends, what many might understand. I realize I can't force it on others. I usually don't creep out of my shell, until Gods name is used in an unpositve light. It destroys my witness, and I guess I shouldn't be that way. Thats the way I am, and it is unlikely to change.

Again, I point out that to best of my recollection I quit a long time ago trying to influence you. Pearls thrown to swine etc. I think, but can't prove that you post some of the things you do, just to get a rise out of people. Again, that's all you. You do what makes you happy. I could conjecture that your an unhappy man. I don't know that's true. I could conjecture that your lonely. I don't know that's true. It's also just conjecture that you post some of the things you do just for your own excitement. I also don't know that's true. Long story short, post whatever makes you happy, or brings you joy. If you just want to get a rise out of me, it will only come when you take the Lords name in vain. That was typed quick and without proof reading. Not sure if my point even came across.

You, and people like you (Don't take offense to that), have actually been good for my Christian journey. I find more peace in my belief, than I used to. I also put more effort in to people I can help, than people I know I can't. I view life as too short, you view life as too short. I'd set up a rescue station at the gates of be nice if I could, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I cast seeds, and hope they fall on fertile soil. It's hit or miss, and largely unsuccessful, but it's what I do.

Thanks

There must be five or six people that mentioned the word 'hate' in their posts, the subject heading even has the word in it...but Bigfoot was chosen to bear the brunt.

Be brave Bigfoot :lol2:

alisonb":18uwpmrm said:
There must be five or six people that mentioned the word 'hate' in their posts, the subject heading even has the word in it...but Bigfoot was chosen to bear the brunt.

Be brave Bigfoot :lol2:

You are guessing! I feel comfortable with Bigfoot. Been a while but we have shared PMs.

Its an ethnic cultural thing for Hispanic women it seems. Several Hispanic friend's wives are always getting all dolled up and taking pics and posting them on FB. Its almost like they're trolling for something. Embarrassing to them that their wives do this - and sister-in-laws and other family members. We invited them to dinner at the house. The wife gave an extra 30 minutes to account for all the make-up these gals put on their faces. To come eat out in the sticks at our house.

TexasBred":2boz0cot said:
john250":2boz0cot said:
Commercialfarmer":2boz0cot said:

I promised my daughter I would disown her if she got a tat. This guy is making fun of his daughter for something she never should have considered. Iblame dad.
Appears he's the idiot. :nod:

Agree, he had a big hand in her situation. I just thought he did a pretty good in re-creating the bad decisions he's fostered.

Looking like a hussy used to be limited to only eyeballs within a few hundred feet of a girl. Now they've got an unlimited audience and all the negative attention they could desire.

Latest posts