If you had 100 bucks.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Picked up a pair of Olathes yesterday. Had a little extra in my wallet and they're comfortable,so I ended up spending $215 on 'em. For some reason the guy I bought them from didn't stock cheaper boots :eek: Anyone wear lace ups for work and cowboy boots for riding? He tells me lace ups are better for the ankles when walking up and down hills,which we have a lot here in the sandhills.

NEKid":sk4o6j7p said:
Picked up a pair of Olathes yesterday. Had a little extra in my wallet and they're comfortable,so I ended up spending $215 on 'em. For some reason the guy I bought them from didn't stock cheaper boots :eek: Anyone wear lace ups for work and cowboy boots for riding? He tells me lace ups are better for the ankles when walking up and down hills,which we have a lot here in the sandhills.

I wear lace up Rockports most of the time. They have composit toe protection and are comfortable. You never know when your day will turn in to a 16 hour day. Comfort makes a difference. Being sure footed when you are tired is a plus.

NEKid":xhs94zej said:
Lace ups are a lot better for ankles. I wore old worn out boots so long my feet and ankles got so bad I had to wear nothing but lace ups for about 10 years. Now I can wear anything.

jedstivers":1rkxs5gk said:
NEKid":1rkxs5gk said:
Lace ups are a lot better for ankles. I wore old worn out boots so long my feet and ankles got so bad I had to wear nothing but lace ups for about 10 years. Now I can wear anything.

Alright! I picked up some Brahmas from Walmart,real cheap,so I don't know if that would be considered a lace up,per sa. I'm getting the concept of different footwear for different tasks now. I use to think you could have 1 pair for anything,not now ;-)

I own one pair for work, church, and everything else. the only place I don't wear them is in a muddy cow lot. If I absolutely have to go in the cow lot with them on I hose them off and oil them when dry. as I said before my old pair is for dirty work. Don't make it complicated

M-5":1p168ac0 said:
I own one pair for work, church, and everything else. the only place I don't wear them is in a muddy cow lot. If I absolutely have to go in the cow lot with them on I hose them off and oil them when dry. as I said before my old pair is for dirty work. Don't make it complicated

What do you wear in a muddy cow lot then?

NEKid":1416idob said:
jedstivers":1416idob said:
NEKid":1416idob said:

Alright! I picked up some Brahmas from Walmart,real cheap,so I don't know if that would be considered a lace up,per sa. I'm getting the concept of different footwear for different tasks now. I use to think you could have 1 pair for anything,not now ;-)
The ones that say "waterproof"?
Don't believe, for long anyway. I learned the hard way. The stitching on the side rots off if you work in mud and water much and your socks will be the same color as the mud you walk in before you've had 'em 6 months

The ones that say "waterproof"?
Don't believe, for long anyway. I learned the hard way. The stitching on the side rots off if you work in mud and water much and your socks will be the same color as the mud you walk in before you've had 'em 6 months

Neatsfoot oil helps. Mink oil is better.

I wear muck boots in the mud and muck around the barn or when its nasty out. Not the best for walking long distances but for wet and nasty weather conditions they are tough to beat.

Sd1030":2vmt2nkf said:
I wear muck boots in the mud and muck around the barn or when its nasty out. Not the best for walking long distances but for wet and nasty weather conditions they are tough to beat.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking about when I asked that question about muddy cow lots. I got Bogs I wear whenever it's wet outside. They work real handy amd they're comfortable as I'll get out! 8)

No problem i thought that it was a strange question, but its all good. Ive seen bogs, but muck boots seem to be the big seller round here.

Sd1030":2i9zj20p said:
Been in mucks all winter almost all day. Some days all day.
Averaging over 12,000 steps a day right now.
When I built my house I put a hot water hydrant on the carport. Come in and hose them off with hot water and good as new too.

Sd1030":39n832ou said:
No problem i thought that it was a strange question, but its all good. Ive seen bogs, but muck boots seem to be the big seller round here.

Mucks are too expensive for me. The Bogs I got was about $83 vs $120 for some Mucks. These are right warm too! Heh,I say mucks are too expensive yet I go out and buy $200+ cowboy boots :lol2: :lol2:

NEKid":my8jy4zn said:
Sd1030":my8jy4zn said:

Mucks are too expensive for me. The Bogs I got was about $83 vs $120 for some Mucks. These are right warm too! Heh,I say mucks are too expensive yet I go out and buy $200+ cowboy boots :lol2: :lol2:

My eldest daughter just bought me muck boots for Christmas. I put them on and they felt really good.

Latest posts