I Promise.....

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":2c4fp4yb said:
I remember when my dad quit some forty odd years ago. He said he was tired of a package of cigarettes dictating his life. He laid them down that day and never picked another one up that I knew of. It takes a strong will and you're showing that you have one.

Slick my dad did the same thing. Cold turkey after smoking all his life. About once every 3 or 4 years he would ask me for one, smoke it down to the filter, tell me it was a good cigarette and do it again 3-4 years later.

Same with my Dad. His dying Uncle called him and his brother in to tell them to quit the dam things while they still could. He carried the pack around for a few days but never touched them again.

I've never smoked one and never intend to. Probably drink to much beer but a guy has to stay hydrated. :D

iso :banana:
iso :banana: :banana: ,
iso :banana: :banana: :banana:
iso :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: .

Well you get the idea. Hang in there and realize that it takes a looong time for the craving to go away.

You are doing great Iso and you will win.
Keep up the good work.

iconclapif2.gif

Great job, been chewing for almost 15 years (Iam only 28) every week I tell myself I need to quite but never do, since I have been ready your post everyday I have been trying harder to stop, only been chewing one time a day for the last few days and thats been hard I cant think of how hard it is to stop all at once! GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP :clap:

You are doing great Iso.
Going cold turkey is tough, but it is the way to go.
Hang in there! We are rooting for you. : )

Isomade":1njjepok said:
M5farm":1njjepok said:
keep it up! I'm gonna try quit again real soon too. I never made 3 week in my previous attempts but I didn't have the encouragement you have either. I can see where this might actually work.
The secret is I actually take my word serous, and want people to take me serious when I make a promise. I knew I was done the second I handed that can to my wife and said "never again, I promise". She brought it back and it set on my dresser for 3 days before I threw it away last night. I made her a promise, even if she said its ok, I still can't go back without breaking a promise, I ain't gonna do that. Then I made a promise to all of you on here to just strengthen my resolve. You can be sure if I did falter I would tell you. But to falter I would have to break a promise. Just hand your can or pack to the person that means the most to you in your life and say "never again, for any reason, I promise." Then find out if your word means anything.For the first 5 days I wished I had never made that promise, but now I'm glad I did, you will be too.

Wow. Here I've been thinking "I'm too young to quit". You're an inspiration Isom. Keep it up. :tiphat:

Thank you all so much. I honestly don't know that it's worth it to quit dipping. I'm just going on willpower and a promise now. I have done tons and tons of research and there are several things I can tell you for certain.
1. Dip is not all that dangerous as long as you move it around from day to day and don't keep it in the same place all the time. Almost everything you put in your mouth on a daily basis is more dangerous than snuff, like jolly ranchers, Certs, lifesavers, ect. If you keep them in the same spot day after day.
2. I'm calling out TB here. SMOKING will KILL you!!! Please, please, please, if you smoke, put them down and buy a can of snuff, it WILL save your life. For you ladies, Kathie, get some Snus, it's in pouches and spittless. It will save your life. The research is shocking. The next best thing to quitting smoking is dipping!
3. If you choose to keep dipping you probably WON'T get cancer contrary to popular belief. You will however lose teeth, have black teeth, and lose most of your gums. Also if you are one of the very unlucky few that does get cancer from dipping I hope you have life insurance. The survival rate for oral cancer it terrible. Most oral cancer if from smoking not dipping.

Isomade":3heu3nta said:
Thank you all so much. I honestly don't know that it's worth it to quit dipping. I'm just going on willpower and a promise now. I have done tons and tons of research and there are several things I can tell you for certain.
1. Dip is not all that dangerous as long as you move it around from day to day and don't keep it in the same place all the time. Almost everything you put in your mouth on a daily basis is more dangerous than snuff, like jolly ranchers, Certs, lifesavers, ect. If you keep them in the same spot day after day.
2. I'm calling out TB here. SMOKING will KILL you!!! Please, please, please, if you smoke, put them down and buy a can of snuff, it WILL save your life. For you ladies, Kathie, get some Snus, it's in pouches and spittless. It will save your life. The research is shocking. The next best thing to quitting smoking is dipping!
3. If you choose to keep dipping you probably WON'T get cancer contrary to popular belief. You will however lose teeth, have black teeth, and lose most of your gums. Also if you are one of the very unlucky few that does get cancer from dipping I hope you have life insurance. The survival rate for oral cancer it terrible. Most oral cancer if from smoking not dipping.

why take a chance? hang in there. I can't believe how much snuff costs now. Get a jar and put the money that you would spend on snuff daily in it, heck put the money in it when you feel the need for the stuff, and when you are free, do something nice for yourself & family. I bet that the money will add up fast.

good job so far! can you describe the aching in your teeth and gums for me. I am curious if it was only my experience because that is what broke my will power in my previous attemps to quit. and they quit hurting as soon as I took a Dip.

Isomade":8knjmdt3 said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like a couple of excuses why you don't have to quit dipping. Hang tuff!!

Latest posts