I Promise.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":2qsq21ea said:
Isomade":2qsq21ea said:
Thank you all so much. I honestly don't know that it's worth it to quit dipping. I'm just going on willpower and a promise now. I have done tons and tons of research and there are several things I can tell you for certain.
1. Dip is not all that dangerous as long as you move it around from day to day and don't keep it in the same place all the time. Almost everything you put in your mouth on a daily basis is more dangerous than snuff, like jolly ranchers, Certs, lifesavers, ect. If you keep them in the same spot day after day.
2. I'm calling out TB here. SMOKING will KILL you!!! Please, please, please, if you smoke, put them down and buy a can of snuff, it WILL save your life. For you ladies, Kathie, get some Snus, it's in pouches and spittless. It will save your life. The research is shocking. The next best thing to quitting smoking is dipping!
3. If you choose to keep dipping you probably WON'T get cancer contrary to popular belief. You will however lose teeth, have black teeth, and lose most of your gums. Also if you are one of the very unlucky few that does get cancer from dipping I hope you have life insurance. The survival rate for oral cancer it terrible. Most oral cancer if from smoking not dipping.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like a couple of excuses why you don't have to quit dipping. Hang tuff!!
I ain't claiming to be an Oak or nothin. Matter of fact if you sprinkled some in the air I'd probably breath in real hard. :lol:

Isomade":kjfes8sz said:
Alan":kjfes8sz said:
Isomade":kjfes8sz said:
Thank you all so much. I honestly don't know that it's worth it to quit dipping. I'm just going on willpower and a promise now. I have done tons and tons of research and there are several things I can tell you for certain.
1. Dip is not all that dangerous as long as you move it around from day to day and don't keep it in the same place all the time. Almost everything you put in your mouth on a daily basis is more dangerous than snuff, like jolly ranchers, Certs, lifesavers, ect. If you keep them in the same spot day after day.
2. I'm calling out TB here. SMOKING will KILL you!!! Please, please, please, if you smoke, put them down and buy a can of snuff, it WILL save your life. For you ladies, Kathie, get some Snus, it's in pouches and spittless. It will save your life. The research is shocking. The next best thing to quitting smoking is dipping!
3. If you choose to keep dipping you probably WON'T get cancer contrary to popular belief. You will however lose teeth, have black teeth, and lose most of your gums. Also if you are one of the very unlucky few that does get cancer from dipping I hope you have life insurance. The survival rate for oral cancer it terrible. Most oral cancer if from smoking not dipping.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sure looks like a couple of excuses why you don't have to quit dipping. Hang tuff!!
I ain't claiming to be an Oak or nothin. Matter of fact if you sprinkled some in the air I'd probably breath in real hard. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey I just went and bought a can of snuff, I have a pretty strong fan. so tomorrow at 3am my time I'm going to start up the fan, point it east and slightly south, on high speed and dump the can in front of it....... I'm thinking about 7 or 8 go outside and breath deep! :lol: :lol:

Seriously! you're well on the road don't let it beat you! Hang tough!

:tiphat:

Alan

M5farm":1osgqoh4 said:
good job so far! can you describe the aching in your teeth and gums for me. I am curious if it was only my experience because that is what broke my will power in my previous attemps to quit. and they quit hurting as soon as I took a Dip.
Mine never hurt. But it's a symptom associated with quitting. In a typical quitter your mouth will ache and have sores after you quit for a few months because the PH in your mouth is changing.

If something has that much control over you, that you can't walk away- it isn't good for you. You know that deep down.

Why leave yourself at the mercy of a plant?

I think now is the deal making time. There is always an out to almost any agreement. You made a promise and asked for support. It was provided. Makes sense that if you break your promise, members should get something in return. Money wouldn't be fair to your kids, nor anything that was time consuming.

However, I think if you wanted to back out, maybe every member should get one free frog in the arm when in the area. Be a great way to meet members. I know CB would catch the first bus up, but others would take awhile and just trickle in. Each day, never know if today is the day someone is passing through.

Probably be worth it, I bet most are probably girly men and women anyway.... :D

Commercialfarmer":3gxb1a7s said:
If something has that much control over you, that you can't walk away- it isn't good for you. You know that deep down.

I think now is the deal making time. There is always an out to almost any agreement. You made a promise and asked for support. It was provided. Makes sense that if you break your promise, members should get something in return. Money wouldn't be fair to your kids, nor anything that was time consuming.

However, I think if you wanted to back out, maybe every member should get one free frog in the arm when in the area. Be a great way to meet members. I know CB would catch the first bus up, but others would take awhile and just trickle in. Each day, never know if today is the day someone is passing through.

Hmm, but how about the other side? If I do quit I get one free calf from every member of CT every year I stay quit. :D I'm in!!!!!

:lol:

I thought the support was the benefit, but I can see where you might need something tangible as a reminder. Sounds reasonable. 1 free dimetrius from each of us, you only have to pay a yearly processing fee, shipping and handling... Shouldn't be more than 50% over market value, and think about what kind of feeling you'd have- chest all puffed up riding your Shetland through a whole herd of dimetrius'es. You'd even have an extra pocket all freed up to collect cool finds like special rocks. :D

Commercialfarmer":1xjazebo said:
:lol:

I thought the support was the benefit, but I can see where you might need something tangible as a reminder. Sounds reasonable. 1 free dimetrius from each of us, you only have to pay a yearly processing fee, shipping and handling... Shouldn't be more than 50% over market value, and think about what kind of feeling you'd have- chest all puffed up riding your Shetland through a whole herd of dimetrius'es. You'd even have an extra pocket all freed up to collect cool finds like special rocks. :D
:lol: :lol:

Isomade":34i9ssgn said:
Commercialfarmer":34i9ssgn said:

Hmm, but how about the other side? If I do quit I get one free calf from every member of CT every year I stay quit. :D I'm in!!!!!

I might have already donated to the cause iso, I have two calves that consistently miss roll call when I count noses. Just look for 102 and 109 the next time you check your calves. Who knows, I might be good until August of 2015.

Isomade":2a9iptne said:
Commercialfarmer":2a9iptne said:

Iso, I have one LITTLE bull calf out of a first time heifer I can't stand to look at, on top of being small and well behind the rest of the calf crop he's really flighty and squirrly ....... My top of the cull list calves won't help any herd much. :D

Keep on your path and just because I haven't said it in a few days .............. WIN THE DAY!!!

Go Ducks and Iso! :lol: :lol:

I quit for about 6 weeks one time. Almost everyone I work with dips, so it was tough for me. Wished I had never taken that second "first" dip.

3waycross":31ijfco8 said:
I have been Tobacco free for over 10 years and I wouldn't dare take a dip.
I have been tobacco free for 12 days and I would eat a cow pie if I thought there was nicotine in it. :lol:

Isomade":2c7pxd5t said:
3waycross":2c7pxd5t said:
I have been Tobacco free for over 10 years and I wouldn't dare take a dip.
I have been tobacco free for 12 days and I would eat a cow pie if I thought there was nicotine in it. :lol:

I rest my case :mrgreen:

Latest posts