What did I eat?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We dipped in to SA for some stock show events this week.

We tries out a little sandwich shop for a light lunch. My son ordered some thing that said... chicken pot pie. He at a little then stopped and said it wasn't very good. It was more like a soup to start and the vegetables were chopped up pretty tiny.

I went to try some and fished out what I though was a piece of chicken. When I bit in to it... it turned to like a powder.🙄

Did I eat some kind of tofu, soy, fake meat?

We fished out a few more and just smashed them on a plate and you could see it.

On a positive note, the ranch rodeo events were great. Definitely booking the same night next year. Much more entertaining than the prca events.

We tried out a little sandwich shop for a light lunch. My son ordered something that said... chicken pot pie. He ate a little then stopped and said it wasn't very good. It was more like a soup...
Sounds to me like someone tried adding baking powder as a thickening agent to make it less soupy and did a bad job of mixing.

Or a ball or 2 of MSG. I bought a bag of saffron rice a few weeks ago to try out and it had some sort of powdery stuff kinda balled together which broke apart between my fingers. I decided it was "new old stock' and threw it out.