I love the Canadians

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
I do so love our Canadian neighbors, I spend some time up there every year and more welcoming and friendly group of folks I have never met. But get this friends...... TURN THE FREAKING FAN OFF ALREADY! It's like 6 above zero with a howler monkey NW wind out there making it like a gajillion below zero. We only have abooot 4-5 days of this crap to look forward to.

MistyMorning":24vkeabl said:
I do so love our Canadian neighbors, I spend some time up there every year and more welcoming and friendly group of folks I have never met. But get this friends...... TURN THE FREAKING FAN OFF ALREADY! It's like 6 above zero with a howler monkey NW wind out there making it like a gajillion below zero. We only have abooot 4-5 days of this crap to look forward to.

Oh sure MM, blame the Canadians for all the crappy weather ! :help:

BTW we are having a cold front snap in right now a difference of 15 degrees already since this morning and going to get worse by mid morning with lots of snow . BUT get this, the wind is from the south not the north/northwest . :???:

YOUR ABOVE ZERO?!!! Talk about living the good life....

It's -2 here now, but feels like -22.

Supposed to be -15F here tomorrow, but feel like -31.

Still...it's pretty warm. Should normally be a good solid week of -30 to -40 this time of the year.

LazyARanch is only a couple hours west of here and I can just imagine how wicked it is out her way.

MistyMorning":29b1osvc said:

Oh, c'mon - it's not that bad.

I have yet to change my ball cap for a toque and my gloves still have the price tag on them I have used them so little.

You are sounding almost as bad as Caustic.

All you have to do is move a little more - you will warm up.

And if you start to get real cold hands or feet - just put a hat on (yeah, really) and you will be fine in no time

Best to all

Bez

MistyMorning":234zkg09 said:

I have yet to change my ball cap for a toque and my gloves still have the price tag on them I have used them so little.

And if you start to get real cold hands or feet - just put a hat on (yeah, really) and you will be fine in no time

Best to all

Bez

hillsdown":3b0fsphu said:
BUT get this, the wind is from the south not the north/northwest . :???:

We had that most of the day too, than it turned and amped up!

snake67":3b0fsphu said:

Best to all

Bez

Your right Bez, it's only going to get a lot worse! I may even have to wear a neck gaiter on my daily ski tomorrow. :)

Aaron":3b0fsphu said:
LazyARanch is only a couple hours west of here and I can just imagine how wicked it is out her way.

I lived in that area for a few years and yeah, it gets real narley there that is for sure!

MistyMorning":fowyshah said:
hillsdown":fowyshah said:
BUT get this, the wind is from the south not the north/northwest . :???:

We had that most of the day too, than it turned and amped up!

snake67":fowyshah said:

Best to all

Bez

Your right Bez, it's only going to get a lot worse! I may even have to wear a neck gaiter on my daily ski tomorrow. :)

Aaron":fowyshah said:

I lived in that area for a few years and yeah, it gets real narley there that is for sure!
I figured that abomnibale sowman suit you grow in the winter would be adequate

dun":2x8acsps said:
I figured that abomnibale sowman suit you grow in the winter would be adequate

It seems to be thinner this year. I thought that was because we were supposed to have an easy winter.

Time to creech out over the ice field and stoke the wood boiler. If you don't hear from me within 24 hours, assume the worst.

I have been wearing my Halley's even in 0 weather this year; I just cannot seem to get acclimated . The temps are so sporadic that it is hard for the body to be able to adjust to +10 one day and then -25 the next.
My big dog is having a h@ll of a time too ,the high humidity does not help keeping warm either . I have been feeding Spartan lot and lots of warm stews etc. to keep his fat layer plentiful this winter and even then he does get cold at times.
The cows seem to be very well adjusted already to it ,although they do pack away the feed like they just may not see another bale when a really bad cold front is moving in. ;-)

MistyMorning":1hya1ute said:
-32 this morning
Nooooo!!! :shock: I would just sit at the fire the whole day, play computer and read.....until I cabin fever and went dilly...that would probably happen after about 4 days.

brrrrrr.jpg

skyhightree1

Re:
It is sad that some people can't get over the race issue and move on.
I agree!
So get over blaming racism for your poor performance in the cattle business.
You are the one who needs to "MOVE ON" and stop using your race as a crutch for your failures.
The only one you have to blame for you low cattle prices is yourself, not your race or anyone else's.

SL

Sorry folks... it's taken me several days to thaw the ice from my keyboard and even now I sit with a high-power heat blower directed right at my computer to keep it working.... DANG IT'S COLD!!!!! :frowns:

even with 2 pairs of long undies, unshaven legs, AND a HAT ON (BEZ!!!) I could NOT feel my knees when I came in from doing chores! was kinda like this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :deadhorse:

and my TRUCKIN' hubby is off to Florida with a load of taters... SONUVA beech.... LOL

and I don't think he's related to Caustic's tree either :dunce:

Latest posts