I love the Canadians

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning":2rr9ksbj said:
brrrrrr.jpg

If you would have shut the door that wouldn't have happened. Once you thaw out, don't forget to flush and wash your hands.

snake67":3uvlihjj said:
MistyMorning":3uvlihjj said:
I do so love our Canadian neighbors, I spend some time up there every year and more welcoming and friendly group of folks I have never met. But get this friends...... TURN THE FREAKING FAN OFF ALREADY! It's like 6 above zero with a howler monkey NW wind out there making it like a gajillion below zero. We only have abooot 4-5 days of this crap to look forward to.

Oh, c'mon - it's not that bad.

I have yet to change my ball cap for a toque and my gloves still have the price tag on them I have used them so little.

You are sounding almost as bad as Caustic.

All you have to do is move a little more - you will warm up.

And if you start to get real cold hands or feet - just put a hat on (yeah, really) and you will be fine in no time

Best to all

Bez

Well you are tougher than me and I admit it. Caustic aint going nowhere you need white camo to hunt.
Deer got to eat at a 100 degs just like at 0. If it gets below 40 I aint happy.

Caustic Burno":1fq92jjw said:
Deer got to eat at a 100 degs just like at 0. If it gets below 40 I aint happy.

You wouldn't be happy here today! This morning its 11. Yesterday am it was 14. Never got above 25 yesterday. Supposed to get to 31 today.

Katherine

alisonb":fr1sr8h1 said:
Dam LAR, just go and have a hot toddy and stop beeching :p

Sounds like a plan!!! Especially after I think our loader tractor crapped a bearing yesterday!! :frowns:

I think I'd prefer the hot toddy on a hot BEECH somewhere! :pretty:

LazyARanch":1w3wluhv said:
alisonb":1w3wluhv said:

Sounds like a plan!!! Especially after I think our loader tractor crapped a bearing yesterday!! :frowns:

GF helped me work a bunch of heifers on Monday. I noticed that the first thing she did when we got back to the house was make a hot buttered rum. I didn't think it was that cold......

Monday it was -35C with a windchill of -43 at 6:30am. Got up to about -28 in the day. Air tank valve on the school bus froze up.
Tuesday it was -38 with a windchill of -41 at 6:30 am. Day time highs were not bad, -25. Again the air tank valve froze up.
Today warmer slightly, -28 in the morning but the wind was brutal.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/camb0214
dang January weather

It's winter in Minnesota

And the gentle breezes blow,

50 miles per hour at 27 below!

Oh, how I love Minnesota

When the snow's up to your butt;

You take a breath of winter air

And your nose is frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,

You may think I'm a fool

I could never leave Minnesota......

Cause I'm frozen to the stool!!

This goes along with the picture of the Minnesota outhouse posted above!!

ps. Mostly Cloudy -12°F (-24°C)

Humidity 60% Wind Speed N 16 mph
Barometer30.59 in (1039.0 mb)
Dewpoint-22°F (-30°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill-35°F (-37°C)

Last Update on 23 Jan 4:53 pm CST

alisonb":19joonot said:

Well Alison, if I was to have taken this advice I would have been falling over hammered for the past week!

Just got in from the morning walk around and it almost felt balmy out there, then I looked at the thermometer and noticed it read -23 :shock:

I'm thinking of getting an automatic waterer, one of my warmest gloves is stuck to the handle on the hydrant and I don't think I will get it off for a few more months.

MistyMorning":1jwc201e said:
alisonb":1jwc201e said:

Well Alison, if I was to have taken this advice I would have been falling over hammered for the past week!

Just got in from the morning walk around and it almost felt balmy out there, then I looked at the thermometer and noticed it read -23 :shock:

I'm thinking of getting an automatic waterer, one of my warmest gloves is stuck to the handle on the hydrant and I don't think I will get it off for a few more months.
Lick around the edges of your glove, that should loosen it. Just make sure your husband gets pictures and posts them on here.

dun":svv7pwib said:
Lick around the edges of your glove, that should loosen it. Just make sure your husband gets pictures and posts them on here.

What a great idea! I didn't even think of that! dun you are such a wealth of knowledge. :D

dun":1hl5wmg3 said:
MistyMorning":1hl5wmg3 said:
alisonb":1hl5wmg3 said:

I guess they will look a bit like the pic MM posted of the loo :banana:

dun":1ijkl6tc said:
MistyMorning":1ijkl6tc said:
alisonb":1ijkl6tc said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

MistyMorning":3l4taboq said:
dun":3l4taboq said:

What a great idea! I didn't even think of that! dun you are such a wealth of knowledge. :D
Gee that wasn;t nearly as snotty as I expected your response to be.

MM , you sure that was your glove that got stuck to the hydrant?
And hey.. I know dun, and he wouldnt be tellin you to do anything that he knew for sure wouldnt work!! :lol2:

dun":dy6ae7zp said:
Gee that wasn;t nearly as snotty as I expected your response to be.

I've been too busy letting the dogs out to chase phantom squirrels, then letting them back in when they get cold (2 minutes) then letting them out to chase phantom squirrels ( 2-3 minutes) lettin them back in (2 minutes) then letting them out again, then in again see where this is going?

P.S. Angel, did I tell you I HAD to get new living room furniture?

LazyARanch":1rvz999n said:
alisonb":1rvz999n said:

Someone say beach drinks?
photo-180.jpg

:mrgreen:

You will notice that the Minnisotains have less cloths on sitting on an ice flow than Hook does sitting on the beach. In fact Hook is dressed to be comfortable on a 20 degree day. Hook, you are on the beach. In Florida. Where are the pictures of hot babes in their string bikini?

Latest posts