How you like me now. SAV President 6847 rises to the top.

Help Support CattleToday:

CreekAngus said:
Son of Butch said:
************* said:
I don't know about you, but top 15% for $M speaks volumes to me about using SAV President for daughters.
Yes, cream does rise to the top.
Good old dependable War Party $25 straw and $M top 4% waxed little ol' President's top 15%
Want a cow maker... check out War Party's % of daughters that have made pathfinder.

Hey, that's my bull of choice, go get your own. I likes me some War Party cattle.
I didn't check Bextor, but I'm betting he is pretty high in $M if War Party is.
CRA Bextor 13009379 didn't fare as well...
CRA Bextor $M top 40% eligible daughters 1580 pathfinder qualified 21 or 1.33%
War Party $M top 4% eligible daughters 584 pathfinder qualified 58 or 9.9%

I'm sure ya'll remember back when Consensus 7229 was a record high selling bull.
$M top 15% eligible daughters 2255 pathfinder qualified 133 or 5.9%
7229's popular calving ease deluxe son, Comrade ce top 1% bw top 1% did not fair as well as his sire
$M top 35%, but he has no pathfinder daughters yet... probably will have some next year.

************* said:
M-5 said:
I'm seriously thinking of thawing all the Angus semen I have in my tank. I would hate for folks to think I'm as retarded and some folks on here are.

I can relate to the guy in the video below when I read your posts.

http://bit.ly/2Z32W1B
At least I don't have to overcompensate for my SHORTCOMINGS.

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
Son of Butch said:
Good old dependable War Party $25 straw and $M top 4% waxed little ol' President's top 15%
Want a cow maker... check out War Party's % of daughters that have made pathfinder.

Hey, that's my bull of choice, go get your own. I likes me some War Party cattle, I didn't check Bextor, but I'm bettin he is pretty high in $M if War Party is.

How about I breed War Party to my President daughters. I'm willing to give it a try, seriously.

What are your thoughts?
I don't think you could go wrong using War Party, sire is Onward, dam is full sib to Bextor. Honestly if I had President daughters I would lean towards using a son or Renown that has some calving ease (heifer) after that I would look to use Renown, Resource or Supercharger or Banknote (now that she's a cow).
I'm using War Party and the daughters will be bred to Flat Top, his dam in appearance is a twin to War Party's dam. I like to look at the dams and try to breed that same phenotype over and over. I've thought of using Rainfall down the road and then breeding those to Supercharger.

************* said:
I don't know about you, but top 15% for $M speaks volumes to me about using SAV President for daughters.

http://bit.ly/2QyE1QL

So many on here slammed President, and they called him all hype, but if that $M matters to you and it should, then Kelly Schaff just performed a reverse slam dunk on the Angus breed with that historic flush.

:clap: Kelly Schaff and Charles Herbster :clap:

The key is EXPECTED!

He is only 3 years old, really don't know :2cents:

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
Son of Butch said:

Hey, that's my bull of choice, go get your own. I likes me some War Party cattle, I didn't check Bextor, but I'm bettin he is pretty high in $M if War Party is.

How about I breed War Party to my President daughters. I'm willing to give it a try, seriously.

What are your thoughts?

About 6 or 7 years ago before I transitioned to all Simmental, I used a cane of War Party. His calves were heavy, good bone, good muscle, very docile.

CreekAngus said:
************* said:
CreekAngus said:

What are your thoughts?
I don't think you could go wrong using War Party, sire is Onward, dam is full sib to Bextor. Honestly if I had President daughters I would lean towards using a son or Renown that has some calving ease (heifer) after that I would look to use Renown, Resource or Supercharger or Banknote (now that she's a cow).
I'm using War Party and the daughters will be bred to Flat Top, his dam in appearance is a twin to War Party's dam. I like to look at the dams and try to breed that same phenotype over and over. I've thought of using Rainfall down the road and then breeding those to Supercharger.

Creek, I'm someone who carefully listens to SOUND suggestions. I will take your War Party recommendation into serious consideration.

Here is one of my Supercharger sons at about 2-3 days old. I've been using Supercharger on some big framed heifers, but will be watching them closely when they calve.

I'm very interested in how this bull turns out for us. I think he is going to be a VERY BIG BOY!

[image]320[/image]

[image]321[/image]

************* said:
What are your thoughts?
MGR Treasure is heifer safe ced 7 bw -.8 accuracy .92 and top 15% for both $M and $B

By the time your President daughters are ready to breed perhaps Connealy Voltage 19249338
might interest you more than War Party.

Voltage is a great-grandson of SAV Blackcap Maye 4136 and is sired by MGR Treasure.
Your President daughters are granddaughters of Blackcap Maye, so that mating would be
linebreeding to a pretty good cow.

Son of Butch said:
************* said:
What are your thoughts?
MGR Treasure is heifer safe ced 7 bw -.8 accuracy .92 and top 15% for both $M and $B

By the time your President daughters are ready to breed perhaps Connealy Voltage 19249338
might interest you more than War Party.

Voltage is a great-grandson of SAV Blackcap Maye 4136 and is sired by MGR Treasure.
Your President daughters are granddaughters of Blackcap Maye, so that mating would be
linebreeding to a pretty good cow.

Thank you!

I will check him out tonight, and might use him.

I'm considering Vermilion Spur E143 for them. I have him in the tank and have not used him yet.

I've got a very good feeling about that bull. Apparently Basin Angus does as well.

As for Connealy, they never cease to amaze me with the quality they produce. Very fine cattle indeed.

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
************* said:

What are your thoughts?

Creek, I'm someone who carefully listens to SOUND suggestions. I will take your War Party recommendation into serious consideration.

Here is one of my Supercharger sons at about 2-3 days old. I've been using Supercharger on some big framed heifers, but will be watching them closely when they calve.

I'm very interested in how this bull turns out for us. I think he is going to be a VERY BIG BOY!

[image]320[/image]

[image]321[/image]

Too much sheath, square shouldered, post legged, horrible feet EPDS. Cut him.

J/k I like his look. Be sure to point him out when I get up there to visit.

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
************* said:

What are your thoughts?

[image]320[/image]

[image]321[/image]

I'd like to see how he grows out too. Looks like a real stout made baby calf for sure. He has a good start on a bull head and neck already.

Well yonder comes Sally with a snicker and a grin
Yonder comes Sally with a snicker and a grin
Groundhog grease all over her chin
Groundhog, groundhog

Complete lyrics

Way down yonder in the forks of the branch
Way down yonder in the forks of the branch
The old sow whistles and the little pigs dance
Groundhog, groundhog

Well come on Grandpa get your dog
Come on Grandpa get your dog
We're going up the holler to catch a groundhog
Groundhog, groundhog

Well yonder comes Jimmy with a ten foot pole
Yonder comes Jimmy with a ten foot pole
Twist that groundhog out of his hole
Groundhog, groundhog

Well come on Pappy bring your gun
Come on Pappy bring your gun
We got that groundhog on the run
Groundhog, groundhog

Well yonder comes Sally with a snicker and a grin
Yonder comes Sally with a snicker and a grin
Groundhog grease all over her chin
Groundhog, groundhog

jehosofat said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Richnm said:
Posting numbers is easy , now show me your cows , I bet thier thin.

You think Branded has thin cows? Yeah, I'll take that bet.

TT, you got something runnin' down your chin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Care to explain your perverse self Bill? How many times have you been banned here already?

Branded is the only one that post pics of his. I am talking to the drive by poster. This person always talks about numbers , but doesn't feed. A ration = skinny cows, low WW, YW and low milk.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jehosofat said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
You think Branded has thin cows? Yeah, I'll take that bet.

Care to explain your perverse self Bill? How many times have you been banned here already?

The answer would be once.

Reason is because someones sense of humor is lacking.

Richnm said:
Branded is the only one that post pics of his. I am talking to the drive by poster. This person always talks about numbers , but doesn't feed. A ration = skinny cows, low WW, YW and low milk.

You're so cute. I wonder how one goes about skinny cows when you fatten them out?

I got all that cheap nebraska hay, remember?

I will not apologize for knowing a thing or two about cattle.

jehosofat said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
jehosofat said:

Being the but of the joke isn't fun. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

True Grit Farms said:
jehosofat said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Being the but of the joke isn't fun. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

It's spelled "butt", Dillweed.

:D

Latest posts