The newest

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Someone here might remember me posting my three red or orange heifers I named after orange sodas years back. One after the orange soda Sunkist, Minute Maid, and Crush. They'll be 10 - 11 years old sometime in 2024. All three still in the herd. Ms. Crush has probably taken over Queen status in the herd from her momma Merry. Just awesome mothers that breed quickly and raise a good one each time. Always said Merry would be a donor if I was a larger operation, I think Ms. Crush has followed that path and is that good. High Expectations for this baldy heifer calf to continue the legacy. Her first baldy. Anyway just felt like bragging on that cow and excited about the calf.

Nice. That cow looks like she has a lot more years left in her.

Always love the baldy calves. If you change your mind on her at weaning time message me, I'm not far away. A splash of color like her would look good at my place!

that is a great looking cow with an ideal udder from what I can see in the pic.
Yep. That is something I really liked when we first starting seeing the original red & white Simms around here in the late 60's. They all had good udders and plenty of milk. Almost like a dual-purpose cow.

Nice. That cow looks like she has a lot more years left in her.

Always love the baldy calves. If you change your mind on her at weaning time message me, I'm not far away. A splash of color like her would look good at my place!
Thanks. Yes I hope to get 4 or 5 more calves. I shoot to try and keep our cows till around 15. Several get culled for one thing or another and don't make it. A few do well enough and stay a little longer. She's on pace. I'll keep you in mind. A lot of time I run out of room keeping bulls and I'll let some nice heifers just go on to the auction barn for feeders.

They look great! But that little chocolate photo bomber looks like a fuzzy teddy bear!:love:
Thank You TC! I thought the calf might need a little penicillin for navel so they're in the lot with cow 15 and the twins. Photo bomber is one of the twins, he's happy another calf was in the lot to play with or maybe just there being another milk bar in the lot, lol. Them twins are growing like weeds, I haven't seen a snitch yet but they're probably trying. She'll be out from them soon so things will be fine.

that is a great looking cow with an ideal udder from what I can see in the pic.
Thanks. It is, got that from her mom Merry. Truly wished I had flushed Merry some times all her calves were good both sexes regardless what bull she was bred to. Hopefully grand daughter will continue it.

Someone here might remember me posting my three red or orange heifers I named after orange sodas years back. One after the orange soda Sunkist, Minute Maid, and Crush. They'll be 10 - 11 years old sometime in 2024. All three still in the herd. Ms. Crush has probably taken over Queen status in the herd from her momma Merry. Just awesome mothers that breed quickly and raise a good one each time. Always said Merry would be a donor if I was a larger operation, I think Ms. Crush has followed that path and is that good. High Expectations for this baldy heifer calf to continue the legacy. Her first baldy. Anyway just felt like bragging on that cow and excited about the calf.

Something to brag about, for sure!

Latest posts