How about posting some Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

Knersie,
The birth weight for Flora's calf was 25kg (50lbs)
Weaning Weight was 200 kg ( 440lbs)
I will try & get a good photo of him this afternoon hopefully I've converted kgs to lbs right. The calf is a Highland x Square Meater Flora is now back in calf to a purebred Highland bull for a Sept '08 calf.

Princess pictured here with her first calf. Princess is about 4yrs old she is another of my foundation cows some of the things I want in my cows are good conformation, temperament, correct horn growth I look for horns that come out of the head evenly than curve upwards - not curve downwards or back in towards their head.
Princess_and_calf.jpg

Murray - One of our milking Murray Greys The photo doesn't do justice to her as she is straight along her backbone.
Very feminine, excellent feet & legs loads of milk & is very easy to milk fast milk letdown ( & I Do mean fast :D ) She is on her 2nd calf & has never put a foot wrong.
Murray2.JPG

Nula - Another of our milking beef cows she is an Angus x Jersey, again she is very feminine good feet & legs very nice shaped udder & good milk production I will say she is a huge improvement over her dam wich we sold for low milk production. I have heard that the American Aungus has more milk than our Aussie Angus is that true?
IMGP0236.JPG

159.jpg

This picture taken at 5 years of age of an Angus Cow. This cow has always been real deep bodied and easy fleshing. She is pictured on summer range in June 2006.

Loch Valley Fold":4lce4w82 said:
Knersie,
The birth weight for Flora's calf was 25kg (50lbs)
Weaning Weight was 200 kg ( 440lbs)
I will try & get a good photo of him this afternoon hopefully I've converted kgs to lbs right. The calf is a Highland x Square Meater Flora is now back in calf to a purebred Highland bull for a Sept '08 calf.

Thanks, we also use kg. Your WW is correct, but the BW not quite correctly converted. How well do they cope in your climate? I assume its quite warm in your summers?

I know I am piling on here, but THAT is the kind of photo that will sell her sire's semen by the truckload.

Knersie,
They seem to have coped very well this year. They do shed their long coats during summer & look like "normal" cows. I have made sure that they can get as much shade as possible during summer. Being near the coast our summer temperatures can range between 30 degrees c to 40degrees mostly though the temp is around 32 -34 degrees celcius.

Side On photo taken
Flora_calf2.jpg

Rear on photo taken
Flora_calf1.jpg

Not the best quality as it was getting rather late last night

Thank you for the comments. She is one of my Dad's--unregistered but likely could've been if he would've kept up the papers on some cows. Her sire is a son of Ideal 1418 of 8103 4286, which, if you're not familiar with him, his dam is also the dam of the Ideal 4465 cow that has been popular lately.

6 year old commercail Red Angus. Average calving interval for 5 calves 366 days, easy cow to AI and settles first service, calves wean in the top 10%

dun":1a0ksaxf said:
6 year old commercail Red Angus. Average calving interval for 5 calves 366 days, easy cow to AI and settles first service, calves wean in the top 10%

I like her length and depth and it looks like her udder is holding up well. Good level topline. Nice cow.

Can't let Ned Jr. have all the fun, here is a first calver 10 days after having her first calf.

100_1767.jpg

Latest posts