How about posting some Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

Central Fl Cracker":34dvvn3c said:
Is it a good trait for the hip bone to be higher than the shoulders?

Its just an indication that the heifer still has some growing to do

birdog":3uswnqeo said:
CopeMan":3uswnqeo said:
birdog":3uswnqeo said:
This is one of my favorites. I like her depth and pelvic capacity. She doesn't have the best temperament when she calves but I don't mind it because I don't have to worry about her calf.

She is a little camera shy, no matter how many times I circle her she keeps turning away.

Betsy.jpg

Looks like shes got the Coldwater Cattle Co brand.? Is that where she came from?

Originally yes, I bought her at a Brangus sale in San Angelo consigned by someone else. She was heavy bred to a John Wayne bull and the price was right.
like your heifer birdog

gerardplauche
I do would like to add some Herefords. They do not do well at the auctions here in Fl. so how well do they do La. Do you see many Herefords in your area? Black Baldies do fair a little better here.

CKC1586":39v4uons said:
DSCF0043.JPG

This is my heifers first "calf" and she is raising them both doing a fine job. She has been shown and did very well but has been discounted for breaking a bit behind the shoulder. Her mother is a fantastic producer and I am hoping she follows in her hoofprints. I like her just fine, has a beautiful udder.

HolidayCows.jpg

This is a picture of her mother and two of her sisters, she is the calf in the picture.

Nice looking cows. What breed are they?

ArmyDoc":2x3hnlne said:
CKC1586":2x3hnlne said:
DSCF0043.JPG

This is my heifers first "calf" and she is raising them both doing a fine job. She has been shown and did very well but has been discounted for breaking a bit behind the shoulder. Her mother is a fantastic producer and I am hoping she follows in her hoofprints. I like her just fine, has a beautiful udder.

HolidayCows.jpg

This is a picture of her mother and two of her sisters, she is the calf in the picture.

-

The bottom picture appears to be "Santa's" :???:

Santa Claus's :lol2: :clap:

Sorry! :oops:

Murrey Grey's? or Braunvieh?

DOC HARRIS

CKC1586":13drr7ur said:
HolidayCows.jpg

Why didn;t the little guy get a santa hat too?

ArmyDoc":10smixpz said:
CKC1586":10smixpz said:
DSCF0043.JPG

HolidayCows.jpg

Piedmontese, unless I'm vey much mistaken. Nice females, btw

dun":2x50v2t5 said:
CKC1586":2x50v2t5 said:
HolidayCows.jpg

Why didn;t the little guy get a santa hat too?
Yes, they are Piedmontese! Thanks for the comments. The bottom picture was taken for a calendar that our association does and I purchased the month of December, thus the Santa hats.(Caption: Santa Cows are comin to town). I had the hats from the previous year (three of em) and when I needed to get the picture in for the next year by Sept 1 I could not find another hat anywhere! Actually in that picture she has a wreath of flowers on her head. She has turned into a good cow. Sure am impressed with how she is handling her twins.

Here's a few of our Beefmaster cows

11 yr old cow
DSC01681.jpg

Daughter of Above cow
DSC01680.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

Black Jack 21 Heifer
DSC01684.jpg

13 yr old cow
DSC01687.jpg

Heifer calf of above cow. Not a good picture
DSC01691.jpg

Good cow with new calf
DSC01692.jpg

Good groceries
DSC01693.jpg

Potential keeper
DSC01686.jpg

comments welcome

Really nice udder in your "groceries" photo :clap: I also like that last heifer calf photo :D

those are some goodlooking beefmaster cows an calves.an thats 1 heck of a blackjack daughter.

Flora3.jpg

This is Flora our foundation Scottish highland cow I like her because of her large long frame quiet temperament she also has good feet & legs & she rears a cracker of a calf. In this picture we have just weaned her last calf about 3 weeks ago (10 mths) she maintains her body condition.

Loch Valley Fold":31wxtome said:
Flora3.jpg

This is Flora our foundation Scottish highland cow I like her because of her large long frame quiet temperament she also has good feet & legs & she rears a cracker of a calf. In this picture we have just weaned her last calf about 3 weeks ago (10 mths) she maintains her body condition.

May I ask what your typical WW is for Highlands? That is a good looking cow.

birdog":1i4gk43m said:
Here's a few of our Beefmaster cows

11 yr old cow
DSC01681.jpg

Daughter of Above cow
DSC01680.jpg

DSC01682.jpg

Black Jack 21 Heifer
DSC01684.jpg

13 yr old cow
DSC01687.jpg

Heifer calf of above cow. Not a good picture
DSC01691.jpg

Good cow with new calf
DSC01692.jpg

Good groceries
DSC01693.jpg

Potential keeper
DSC01686.jpg

comments welcome
I really like those red Beefmasters, nice udders. First cow sure raises em right, beautiful. Good lookin cattle! Saw alot of Beefmasters in Oklahoma last week.

Latest posts