House Update

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Kerley.
Plan on having a southwest style texture on the walls.
Hubby took his time on it. Said he is going to hang the Gyp board horizontally in the basement.
I was cussing him having to climb that ladder so much putting up the tape. ;-)

Got 30 more sheets this week and hubby has started hanging it in the basement. He changed his mind and is hanging it verticle again. :roll:

Trying to decide if I want to continue putting insulation in the pony wall or do more mudding and taping.

Or just be lazy and do nothing! Yeah right! :lol2:

Got the small closet left to tape and mud. Only 4 corners left to tape and mud and the upstairs walls are done. Used about half of that 61# bucket of mud. My drywaller friend told me to buy the boxes of dry stuff and mix it ourselves. Told him I just didn't have the time for that.

Hubby got the rec area vapor barrier up and started hanging sheet rock. Got sheet rock in the storage room and I am going to find some ceramic tile to go around the deep sink to protect the drywall from any water splashing up.

Shouldn't be any charge for the correction because it was their fault. That's the way I do my jobs. If I or one of my people make an error, it is corrected at my expense.

Trying to decide what that crack was. The drywall or my ankle. Yeah I fell off a ladder again. At least this time it was the last rung.
I was mudding the small storage closet stepped off the ladder and my ankle twisted under me and I fell against the sheet rock and heard a crack. No holes in the sheet rock.
Did feel something snap later in my ankle though.

Ordering the Nuheat floor mats tomorrow. Gotta get more sheet rock too. I was starting on the second coat of mud too.

Got both floor mats this week. Picked up 40 sheets of sheet rock. That leaves us needing just 75 sheets and that will just leave the bathrooms! :banana:
Picked up my ceramic tile for my storage room around the deep sink. Got 6 corner beads for the upstairs outside wall corners. Picked up 2 more buckets of mud.

Talked to another contractor he is going to come out and look at the house and bid us on texturing. Said his crew did a 3500 sqft house for under $3000 and they mudded and taped it too.

Discovered I need 12 more corner beads for the whole house. Got the 6 up tonight and got some sanding done on the walls. Told hubby there is one spot that needs to be trimmed before I can put one up.
Already thinking about the cedar shakes we want for the gable ends.

Found out some friends of ours are going to build a log home too!

Just some honest advice;
No professional Drywall installer enjoys repairing sloppy installation or taping. They will usually charge much more to fix poor craftmanship than if they had done the complete process themselves. I am not suggesting that your work is shoddy, just say'n.

Right now kerley I don't care.
I am royally p*ssed off!

Hubby called to let me know that every single sheet of sheet rock was damaged as the guys loaded it. :bang: :bang: :devil2: :devil2:
Called the place I got it from and the manager is calling me on Monday. Told them they are going to come get this stuff and replace it.

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time completing this project. Every job is different and I wish you better luck.

Ok I'm not as mad now.
Got a call from the manager and they are going to come out and pick up this garbage and bring me all new undamaged sheet rock.

I know what you are saying kerley. As I sand I run my hand down the seam feeling for any ridge or bump. I also look down the wall looking for anything out of place.
I keep talking to the dry wallers I know. They are really helpful. Might get my co-worker out here to look at it since he did it for years.

Finally got my pics to upload. Had to upload them from my facebook to photobucket then move them to the file I wanted.

Just some advice...When you nail on your metal corners, flat tape over them with all-purpose or taping mud. This is a for sure way to insure that your corners will not crack out in the furure.
Ouestion...Why did you install wallboard to the walls before the ceiling's? If you install the ceilings first then the walls, the wallboard pressed against the ceiling board will help hold the ceilingboard in place which requires less nailing in ceiling angles.

I'am not picking on you, just trying to guide you thru this operation..For the most part, You have done a good job. Drywall is a tough job for anyone to do so my hat's off to your effort's. :clap: Tom.

Thanks kerley.
We are doing it this way because we are going to have a removable ceiling, there are some electrical junction boxes in the ceiling. Hubby wants to be able to access everything up in the ceiling just in case something needed to be repaired or something broke.

Latest posts