House Update

Help Support CattleToday:

sounds like D is ready to get everything done so yall can move in completely.just think of all that money yall have saved by doing alot of the work yourselves.

Well all the cabinet door fronts are cut!! I got all the door handles and a couple of door knobs for the master bedroom and bathroom. And a couple for the guest bathroom.

So close so close!!!!

Our master bedroom carpet is in!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Need to vacuum it but it looks awesome! Need some wall trim and trim around the tile and between the carpet and bathroom tile and I am ready to move in!

Got the door knob to the master bedroom door and going to put in the one bathroom.
Friend is out and putting in the last of the laundry room floor tile.
I am going to pick up the thresh hold trim on Sunday. Going to stain the rope trim today so it is ready

What a foul up!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hubby was starting to stain the kitchen cabinets. Looked at them and told him it looked way too dark. He told me it was the stain I picked. I looked at the sample can and there was nothing written on the top! I had told him it had "Main" written on the top. Somehow the sample can got lost. So I had to find a different stain as the main one. Luckily it was just the small trim on the top of the drawers.

Got the last door knobs for the house today.

Talked with him and hoping he gets the trim done on the laundry room so the clothes washer and dryer can be moved up there. Also reminded him we have a beef coming shortly so if we can get that room done as much as possible the one freezer can be moved up there too.

I luv herfrds":2i4esmca said:
What a foul up!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hubby was starting to stain the kitchen cabinets. Looked at them and told him it looked way too dark. He told me it was the stain I picked. I looked at the sample can and there was nothing written on the top! I had told him it had "Main" written on the top. Somehow the sample can got lost. So I had to find a different stain as the main one. Luckily it was just the small trim on the top of the drawers.

Got the last door knobs for the house today.

Talked with him and hoping he gets the trim done on the laundry room so the clothes washer and dryer can be moved up there. Also reminded him we have a beef coming shortly so if we can get that room done as much as possible the one freezer can be moved up there too.
No pressure at all..... :D

1982vett got even worse today! Called a hardware store and asked if they carried this stain. Salesman told me they did, so hubby went into the big town and the salesman was wrong they didn't carry that stain. So I got it for a wasted trip.
Salesman better be ready turn about is fair play!

Yep no pressure!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Got a call from our uncle this morning that he had a message that his beef was ready and can be picked up on Friday. He had already picked up his beef so pretty sure it is ours.
Told hubby and he got some trim up in the laundry room and we moved the freezer from the basement to the laundry room.

Only 3 door knobs left to be put in and that project is done.

Hubby said the lack of stain will put him a week behind getting the cabinets done.

Got an email telling me we had gotten to 100% of our usage so cannot post pictures yet.

Hubby got the door knobs all put in. Also got the trim put up in the laundry room. Going to ask if he can get the clothes washer and dryer up to the new house. Temps are predicted to be below zero and the drain in the old house freezes easily.

Getting a lot done while waiting for the stain. It should be here Monday; hopefully.

Hubby wants to have the kitchen done before he moves in, but I am in with the kids. Can hardly wait. He figures maybe 2 or 3 more weeks. Had to exchange the door hinges for the cabinets because they will not fit. He got different ones but not all the ones we need.

Got the trim up in the laundry room yesterday. Would love to have the trim up in the guest bathroom and the closet doors in the laundry room too.

Well TB to give you an idea of how close we are hubby parked the 2 ton truck outside of the side porch on this old house so we can start throwing old stuff we are not keeping away and start moving stuff up to the new house. yeah this thread has been going for 2 years but the house building has been going on a lot longer!!! :D :D :D :D
So we are getting down to the wire!!!!

Now if I can just keep my kids off the internet so I can get it back up to speed I will post some pictures! Still running too slow!

Hubby got the doors stained and is putting on the poly today. He is going in to pick up our processed steer on Friday going to talk to my son about emptying out the freezer down here and getting it thawed and cleaned then moving it up there too! With hubby gone for a day might get the clothes washer and dryer moved too!

Any where from 1 to 2 weeks and hopefully we will be moving in fully!!!!!

Y'all are doing great. I don't think my marriage could handle building a house together.
Sure going to be a beautiful home.

Too funny last night! Hubby was showing me all the fronts he got done, he was so proud! I was really impressed. As I was looking at the doors I looked at one then looked at it again; he missed one! Lot's of cussing at that point! He got it done!

While at work tonight a co-worker told me my phone was beeping. Hubby sent a picture of my big storage cabinet with the doors on it!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Looks awesome!! He is really pushing to get it done.

Latest posts