horned herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

In regards to a picture of Giant--In 2005, there was still a painting of him hanging in the AHA headquarters at Kansas City. We are pretty sure it was of him.

I just looked at that White ranch web site. Nice pic's! Idaman- do you buy their replacment heifers? If so what is their mature wt. and their what % of the cow wt. do you expect to wean?

regenwether":2yoi7dd9 said:
I just looked at that White ranch web site. Nice pic's! Idaman- do you buy their replacment heifers? If so what is their mature wt. and their what % of the cow wt. do you expect to wean?

No. I have just known of them for a long time. We raise raise all our own.

For those of you whose interested in the original pure (not crossbred) Hereford genetics there is a growing international group that includes herds in UK, Australia, U.S and Argentina. Further there is a lot of work going on and we will soon have a test to prove which are / are not pure Herefords and which are / are not cross bred Herefords. The tests have shown that the vast majority of North American Herefords fall into this later group and have been heavily ingressed by Simental. One of the worlds leading farm animal geneticists has described the North American Hereford as only a DISTANT RELATIVE of the true Hereford. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining this group.