Hey Colorado People...

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Flying into Denver next week for some meetings in Loveland. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should see or do while I'm there? Any good restaurants that you would recommend? I will be in town for most of the week.

Thanks!

Brian

I don't eat out very often so I can't be much help on restaurants.
Kinda depends on what kind of stuff you like to do. Lot's of outdoor activities
Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour West of Loveland. If you have the time, it's awfully pretty.
Some decent fishing if you like it. The Big Thompson runs through Loveland.
I don't think they're running rafting trips on the rivers this late in the season, but it's a possibility since we've had pretty good rain this summer. Fort Collins is 15-20 min north. The Poudre River runs through it. Fort Collins has a number of small breweries, as well as a Budweiser plant that gives tours & tastings.
Old Town Fort Collins can be interesting, though a bit crowded, I think the kids are back at CSU.
If schedules can work out, I'll buy lunch!

Hook":4022977e said:
Colorado is now refocusing their tourist industry from skiing to pot smoking. From what I hear you can get high just walking through Denver

Of course you can get high it is a "Mile High City" LOL :lol:

Used to be a Mexican place in Denver called Casa Bonita. Had cliff diving inside the place you could watch while you ate. Been 30 years since I was there, I was 10 at the time. Don't recall if it was good food or not. Maybe somebody else knows about it.

CottageFarm":ysoexu4q said:
Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour West of Loveland. If you have the time, it's awfully pretty.
I don't think they're running rafting trips on the rivers this late in the season, but it's a possibility since we've had pretty good rain this summer. Fort Collins is 15-20 min north. The Poudre River runs through it. Fort Collins has a number of small breweries, as well as a Budweiser plant that gives tours & tastings.
Old Town Fort Collins can be interesting, though a bit crowded, I think the kids are back at CSU.
I second Rocky Mountain National Park. Stood in the snow there on July 28th a few years ago. The Elk were up there getting away from the flies.

I would also suggest RMNP too bad you're a month early the elk put on a show in September.

kenny thomas":174cadn8 said:
CottageFarm":174cadn8 said:
I second Rocky Mountain National Park. Stood in the snow there on July 28th a few years ago. The Elk were up there getting away from the flies.
I don't ever want to be anywhere in standing in snow on July 28th. That just ain't right.

Latest posts