herefords: horned vs. polled

Help Support CattleToday:

Txag, I went to your posting with the pictures of your cattle Sat night, and I was impressed. I'd forgotten about VCR East Kodiak. I've always liked him, based on pictures...never seen him in life. I've created an album on photobucket, but I can't figure out how to create an html. I don't know how you get the pictures from the album to Cattle Today.
My top ten would include, Day Rupert Tone 641, Feltons 517, Vindicator, P606, F243, Mark Domino 8020, Farley,....maybe I can't have a top ten because many of them would be a tie.... but my very favorite bull of all time was not a nationally known bull. His name was JTJ Buckshot 7B, and he was the senior herdsire for Flying G Ranch for about 13 years, living to be 15. I own a daughter. She weaned over 600 pounds, has a 358 day calving interval so far, has a near perfect udder, looks good, and an awesome disposition. 7B was an awesome, thick, deep, long-bodied bull.

By the way, for amazed on the other topic about creeping, I will look up the show Online won. Remitall has repeatedly advertised it in the past. As far as your experience with Keynote and other Remitall cattle, my former herd bull, Day Rupert Tone 092's daughters went 101% against those of ANL Quest in the same herd. Quest has Keynote in the top side of his pedigree.

Im glad somebody brouht these postings back up..I guess i missed out the first time around...good stuff

I always thought that the 1st polled cattle were to fine boned..maybe thats not because of the cattle thereselves but because theres so many of em in the south...cattle just arent as good in the south...I guess they dont ever learn dehorning either. Maybe thats all changed now about quality but I dont know cuz I never saw 1 I liked. If you want a GOOD hereford bull go to Montana or the dakotas. Anyhow if i use a hereford bull on Angus cows the cows will take off most of the horns..I know how to dehorn if they dont. LOL

Latest posts