Help me understand

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of Butch":moe61izu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":moe61izu said:
Son of Butch":moe61izu said:
Joe Consumer doesn't have that option as prime is so rare it is only consistently available at high end restaurants,
high end grocers or from a specialized butcher shop.

Costco carries prime cuts of beef and its well worth the up charge.
Yes it is, current Costco special....
$200 off 12 lbs of A-5 Wagyu Ribeye Roast reg. $1299.99 (108.33 lb) your cost only $1,099.99 ($91.66 lb)
I'm sure it would be great for Christmas dinner or other special occasions.

Last night my brother made a steak from a home raised Wagyu influenced steer (Wagyu x Angus) seasoned with
garlic salt and pepper. He gave me a piece to taste, so tender, it was marvelous.

I wasn't referring to the Wagyu "special". They stock prime cuts at the Costco here in Franklin, TN all the time. It's pricey but well worth it.

backhoeboogie":7wjea5mo said:
But Walmart has certified angus. Even certified angus hot dogs!

Certified angus is not quality ? LMAO

I am not sure if you are serious or joking. It is difficult to tell sometimes through a computer.

Certified Angus just tells you that the beef came from cattle that were at least 51% Angus. It is not a grade of meat.

Bullit I was just shooting off.

They spent a lot of money advertising. That worked.

Son of Butch":2shsxmje said:
$200 off 12 lbs of A-5 Wagyu Ribeye Roast reg. $1299.99 (108.33 lb) your cost only $1,099.99 ($91.66 lb)

Last night my brother made a steak from a home raised Wagyu influenced steer (Wagyu x Angus) seasoned with
garlic salt and pepper. He gave me a piece to taste, so tender, it was marvelous.

Wow, it better be good at that price.

I'll bet the steak you had was less expensive. You can raise a Wagyu steer and then tell people you are serving them an $1,100 roast. :)

backhoeboogie":1mtg6cu1 said:
Bullit I was just shooting off.

They spent a lot of money advertising. That worked.

Okay

Yes, the American Angus Association has given its members their money's worth and made the public think that Certified Angus means it's a high grade of beef. (I am not knocking Angus cattle.)

Bullitt":2zqhpje0 said:
Son of Butch":2zqhpje0 said:

Wow, it better be good at that price.

I'll bet the steak you had was less expensive. You can raise a Wagyu steer and then tell people you are serving them an $1,100 roast. :)
I don't tell lies and only 1/2 Wagyu, so $550 for 12 lbs would be the most I'd charge or brag on.

Son of Butch":3iik763b said:
I don't tell lies and only 1/2 Wagyu, so $550 for 12 lbs would be the most I'd charge or brag on.

Funny!

I meant you could raise a 100% Wagyu steer. I could only afford that one bite your brother gave you. :)

Bullitt":22b0cqr7 said:
backhoeboogie":22b0cqr7 said:
But Walmart has certified angus. Even certified angus hot dogs!

Certified angus is not quality ? LMAO

I am not sure if you are serious or joking. It is difficult to tell sometimes through a computer.

Certified Angus just tells you that the beef came from cattle that were at least 51% Angus. It is not a grade of meat.

You are partially right, the animal has to be 51% black.... but CAB is certifying to the grade of meat:
Ten Specifications
Our quality standards ensure that every carcass earning the CAB brand offers consumers the same exceptional eating experience. To earn the stamp of the brand, cattle must first be at least predominately solid black-hided and meet these criteria:

Modest or higher marbling
Medium or fine marbling texture
"A" maturity for each, lean and skeletal characteristics
10 to 16 square inch ribeye area
1,050 pound hot carcass weight or less
Less than 1 inch fat thickness
Superior muscling (restricts dairy influence)
Practically free of capillary rupture
No dark cutters
No neck hump exceeding 2 inches
http://www.cabpartners.com/about/about.php

Well anything with the black hided can meet these requirements, including dairy X and BrahmanX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts