Health Inaurance

Help Support CattleToday:

The sad part is that it is going to be the poor that is hurt again and those that were already on medicare and medicaid will have less service than they did.

Lost my insurance.

But I'm most worried about those that are really sick and the wait time that is about to happen.

I assume that the banks know that stuff is about to hit the fan, as I saw something about them needing to have more assets on hand in the event of a crunch. The health care industry imploding is probably going to send a tidal wave through the country. Health care and oil are two the major reasons we haven't sunk worse than we have. Tank health care and stop fraking and all should be perfect.

An interesting CNN article:

http://inhealth.cnn.com/making-healthca ... s-business

Although I like some of the changes (allowing kids to be covered on parents' policies until age 26, for example--a big help with the difficult hiring picture for 20-somethings), I do worry about the need to give people incentives to take better care of themselves. I don't mind chipping in for people who've had bad luck but what about all the preventable illnesses we bring on ourselves? A close family member is a health care provider (primary care) and the vast majority of the patients are Medicare or Medicaid. Of those, huge numbers have the trifecta of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. Many smoke as well. Some refuse to take their meds (and wouldn't consider pushing away from the buffet, of course).

What's odd about the current health care "conversation" in this country is that it used to be a "conservative" (in the classic sense) idea that one should have self-control and exercise personal responsibility (and, well, exercise!). What happened to that? (I think I need a soapbox icon now! ;)

I work in just a small portion of healthcare, I work in a retail optical department, Sam's Club optical to be specific, and I have already JUST BEGUN to hear the horror stories of this mess on a daily basis...

I see this "healthcare" greatly crippling the economy even more...
I have a friend who is a supervisor at a gas station, she says that gas station is cutting to almost all employees to work 28 hours or less so they don't have to pay the insurance premiums for employees, leaving employees responsible for it themselves.

Yeah. Awesome.
People won't be able to even have full time and have to pay for their own (more expensive) health insurance. And their employers will be struggling paying their own and the few remaining full timers.

The girl in my department has to be on insurance separate from her husband now (he has better insurance) because they will charge him $250 A MONTH for her not getting her own health insurance available thru her employer.

Yeah. This is going to be great for the country...

presmudjo":2q7eyth4 said:
TexasBred. I don't know how it works, but in Florida we no longer have to pay for the supplemental. Before that it was $63 per month. One medication would cost almost $400 cash. So the $160 is monthly cost of 5 prescriptions, We can get a 3 month supply on all but one, but can't shell out that much in one month. Seems the last 3 months everything has been happening to eat the bank account. The buffer is dwindling.
I understand...don't see what's happening now as being helpful for you either.

Well it will all be ok before long.. Obammer is saying he is sorry that folks are losing their insurance over this new health care. :bs:

denvermartinfarms":qp064gql said:
I just wish I had something to sell that the government fined people for not buying.

Funny how the prez sold this by demonizing insurance companies, while giving them a huge new market. Crony capitalism??

john250":3fw3hi1m said:
denvermartinfarms":3fw3hi1m said:
I just wish I had something to sell that the government fined people for not buying.

Funny how the prez sold this by demonizing insurance companies, while giving them a huge new market. Crony capitalism??

Yep! He also supposedly hates big oil but he is handing them a windfall everytime he closes a coal mine!

I think before we worry about anything else we should all start doing our stretching exercises so that when the time comes we can all just .....bend over and kiss our sorry old asses goodbye!

3waycross":2dfk17qg said:
I think before we worry about anything else we should all start doing our stretching exercises so that when the time comes we can all just .....bend over and kiss our sorry old asses goodbye!
Yep, anyone who doesn't see that what the president has done negitavely effects them everyday, is either lying to them selves or receiving something from the government for nothing, and unfortunately there are way to many that fit in those descriptions.

I think it should be mandatory that politicians have to live with whatever it is they shove down our throats. Why do they get exempted?? Also, their "retirement" packages are ridiculous. :? I hate em all! I don't care what party they play in.

Like Claire McCaskell told Missourians, we would all just have to get use to Obama-care-funny how she doesn't have to get use to it!

Commercialfarmer":f6bwr08u said:
The sad part is that it is going to be the poor that is hurt again and those that were already on medicare and medicaid will have less service than they did.

I assume that the banks know that stuff is about to hit the fan, as I saw something about them needing to have more assets on hand in the event of a crunch. The health care industry imploding is probably going to send a tidal wave through the country. Health care and oil are two the major reasons we haven't sunk worse than we have. Tank health care and stop fraking and all should be perfect.

George Sorros (gooogle him) was quoted that the free market economy of the United States was the biggest road block in the way of world prosperity. George Sorros donated huge sums of money to our president. Hmm...........

I hate to tell you Missouri folks but she wouldn't be there if her opponent wasn't a moron.

I cannot remember exactly what he said about abortion but he's so stupid ya'll had to re-elect her! :frowns:

3waycross":2mrv95l3 said:
I hate to tell you Missouri folks but she wouldn't be there if her opponent wasn't a moron.

I cannot remember exactly what he said about abortion but he's so stupid ya'll had to re-elect her! :frowns:

Yep, Akin was an idiot before and after that quote in my opinion.

Fortunately both my wife and me are Veterans and under VA Health system...knock on wood...

Those that voted for our current administration (top to bottom) that allegedly had blinders on for the subtle, covert messages that were sent (or not sent) the past several years are probably getting what they deserve... sarcasm intended...

Only way I see out of this USA mess is to remove the idiots in Washington and start over after doing thorough CIA, FBI, CSI, etc., background and history checks of the aspiring participants. Current things are not looking good...

Politicians of any breed tell you what you want to hear during their campaign (with some mental reservation of their "true" thoughts and intent) and then proceed with their personal agendas...

:mad:

All I got to say is......... dammm George Bush anyway! Surely he's to blame for all this.

Larry

Latest posts