Health Care 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

Injection? You mean infusion? It was done with an IV and we did have to wait an hour to make sure there was no reaction.

"Most places don't know how to get it done"...not sure what you mean. Even the smaller town south of us does it. I have heard that a lot of places in WY offer it and know of some who have had it done. We are about as rural as it gets, maybe that's a good thing.
Yes, infusion. Wrong word,sorry.

Here's some thoughts on the increased vaccination being promoted prompting more virulent pathogens..

"There is a theoretical expectation that some types of vaccines could prompt the evolution of more virulent ("hotter") pathogens."

FH, the monoclonal antibodies are available to many people at risk. There is a protocol to follow and many/most do not know how to get it done. As you mentioned it's out patient. If one checks into a hospital they are no longer able to use it. Once the injection is complete the patient is suppose to wait one hour before leaving to be sure there are no reactions.
A lot of Tennessee Hospitals are recommending this now because they are full. I could be wrong, but I believe Trump got that treatment when he had it too.

We seem to be on our way to recovery. Grand scheme both of us had "mild" cases. While symptoms were similar, they were also quite dissimilar.

I never had congestion in my chest. Unproductive cough as I have most mornings. I took allergy meds the first few day to dry up the sinuses. Wife took musenex to clear her cough. Still has a bad cough. I ran more fever. We both experienced a change in taste. Wife craved salt…while our water tasted salty to me. I'll tell you, Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream never tasted better than it does now….we both lost our appetite, hers came back first. Potatoes were our best friend for a few days. We have both slept just fine. She struggled with nausea.

So far, no one we exposed has gotten it. We can't say for sure where my wife got exposed or why we both became infected while no one else around us has. My sister-in-law who came down to help after surgery walked right into the storm, tested negative yesterday before she went back home….

A lot of Tennessee Hospitals are recommending this now because they are full. I could be wrong, but I believe Trump got that treatment when he had it too.
Yes he did. It was experimental at that time. The FDA still has only approved it for emergency use but that has helped the availability. Not that I have any trust in the FDA.

We seem to be on our way to recovery. Grand scheme both of us had "mild" cases. While symptoms were similar, they were also quite dissimilar.

I never had congestion in my chest. Unproductive cough as I have most mornings. I took allergy meds the first few day to dry up the sinuses. Wife took musenex to clear her cough. Still has a bad cough. I ran more fever. We both experienced a change in taste. Wife craved salt…while our water tasted salty to me. I'll tell you, Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream never tasted better than it does now….we both lost our appetite, hers came back first. Potatoes were our best friend for a few days. We have both slept just fine. She struggled with nausea.

So far, no one we exposed has gotten it. We can't say for sure where my wife got exposed or why we both became infected while no one else around us has. My sister-in-law who came down to help after surgery walked right into the storm, tested negative yesterday before she went back home….
My brother in law tested negative, he was exposed the same time as the rest of us. That was before he tested positive. The rapid test, now I have learned, is only 40% accurate, especially when it tests negative. In the meantime his wife went to work. Now she has to isolate for 14 days then be tested before going back to work. She doesn't trust the test.

What concerns me is our other brother in law. It has affected his lungs. He walked upstairs and thought he was going to pass out. His oxygen meter reads in the high 80's. Our daughter has a friend who is a travelling nurse and she says if in 24 hours you can't get that reading to above 88 you need to get to ER. So he called the ER and they weren't one bit concerned, asked if he was short of breath when he moved around and he said yes and they said if it gets worse to come in.🤬 I should have asked who he talked to, someone who was merely answering the phone? He's very fit and this is nothing to mess around with especially with lung issues. He has taken her word for it and he's no better today. He had the infusion on Monday. Everyone else is getting better...slowly. I was never sick.

It's been decades since I've had the flu or a head cold. Those back then were a lot worse than what ive experienced the last 10 days. Now I have sinus infections out the wazoo…pretty sure they keep the head cold and flu away.

My brother in law tested negative, he was exposed the same time as the rest of us. That was before he tested positive. The rapid test, now I have learned, is only 40% accurate, especially when it tests negative. In the meantime his wife went to work. Now she has to isolate for 14 days then be tested before going back to work. She doesn't trust the test.

What concerns me is our other brother in law. It has affected his lungs. He walked upstairs and thought he was going to pass out. His oxygen meter reads in the high 80's. Our daughter has a friend who is a travelling nurse and she says if in 24 hours you can't get that reading to above 88 you need to get to ER. So he called the ER and they weren't one bit concerned, asked if he was short of breath when he moved around and he said yes and they said if it gets worse to come in.🤬 I should have asked who he talked to, someone who was merely answering the phone? He's very fit and this is nothing to mess around with especially with lung issues. He has taken her word for it and he's no better today. He had the infusion on Monday. Everyone else is getting better...slowly. I was never sick.

From what I know if the blood oxygen level is 85 or less, you're in the hospital getting some treatment until it comes up, not sent home to hope it comes up!

I think I am going to agree with you sstterry and wait until I see the cardiologist.
Sstterry I finally got some test results in the mail.

This letter comes from the Doctors nurse a LPN who says Qoute ; Dr xXxX said to let you know your kidney functions have returned to NORMAL, which is great. She said you can stay on the Valsarten but only at a lower dose, she said to reduce what your taking to 1/2 tablet daily. Your SPA ( prostate cancer test) and your thyroid lab were NORMAL. Let me know if you have questions.

Scinerely,

Xxx xxx, LPN

Keep in mind its not been a week ago this doctor told me to quit the Valsarten that it was causing my kidneys to fail.

Wrote me a prescription for another blood pressure medication to take the place of Valsarten.

But NOW after getting what I am starting to think is the first and only blood test that were done. She says I can stay on my original blood pressure that I was on to begin with but only at less of a dose ( 1/2 the dose I was originally taking ) ?

Supposedly I was supposed to have had test results for 3 seperate ocassion's.

So after getting these results in the mail. I called the clinic and told them I haven't received the test results from the two previous appointments that they had drew blood each time to run test on that dates back starting the last week of July.
Ask if i could get the results on them also. They say sure they would give me copies of all of them.

Stop by to pick them up. Must have been 20 pages all of which were just duplicates of the results I got of the ones sent to me in the mail.

I don't think they tested any of the blood they drew during the first two visits. I was billed for them and the visits though.

Don't know how they determined I had severe renal failure from the first two visits I was there ? No lab work other than drawing the blood. Never was sent to a lab ? If it was they have no records other than the bill I got for them.

If they sent the blood off to a lab for testing. It should be dated and all the results listed shouldn't they ?

Plan on calling my insurance to see just what and how much they paid on thoes results tomorrow.

Sstterry I finally got some test results in the mail.

This letter comes from the Doctors nurse a LPN who says Qoute ; Dr xXxX said to let you know your kidney functions have returned to NORMAL, which is great. She said you can stay on the Valsarten but only at a lower dose, she said to reduce what your taking to 1/2 tablet daily. Your SPA ( prostate cancer test) and your thyroid lab were NORMAL. Let me know if you have questions.

Scinerely,

Xxx xxx, LPN

Keep in mind its not been a week ago this doctor told me to quit the Valsarten that it was causing my kidneys to fail.

Wrote me a prescription for another blood pressure medication to take the place of Valsarten.

But NOW after getting what I am starting to think is the first and only blood test that were done. She says I can stay on my original blood pressure that I was on to begin with but only at less of a dose ( 1/2 the dose I was originally taking ) ?

Supposedly I was supposed to have had test results for 3 seperate ocassion's.

So after getting these results in the mail. I called the clinic and told them I haven't received the test results from the two previous appointments that they had drew blood each time to run test on that dates back starting the last week of July.
Ask if i could get the results on them also. They say sure they would give me copies of all of them.

Stop by to pick them up. Must have been 20 pages all of which were just duplicates of the results I got of the ones sent to me in the mail.

I don't think they tested any of the blood they drew during the first two visits. I was billed for them and the visits though.

Don't know how they determined I had severe renal failure from the first two visits I was there ? No lab work other than drawing the blood. Never was sent to a lab ? If it was they have no records other than the bill I got for them.

If they sent the blood off to a lab for testing. It should be dated and all the results listed shouldn't they ?

Plan on calling my insurance to see just what and how much they paid on thoes results tomorrow.
Without seeing the records I cannot say for sure, but, keep in mind that doing blood work can mean many different things. But, a normal panel, would include the things I mentioned above such as BUN and Creatinin. It would also include your varying cholesterol readings. You might want to call the Dr's office back and specifically ask for your "labs". In fact, tell them you want to see a copy of your entire chart and make sure they include all labs and diagnostic studies. Sometimes they don't send those to the patient unless you specifically request them.
Medications are not one-size-fits-all. They affect different people differently and they need to be monitored. I am just glad that they have your meds straightened out. Medication adjustments can make a world of difference and medication errors can be deadly.

Sstterry I done that verything yesterday. I called and ask for copies of all test and anything else that was done. That they have in my file. That 20 pages is what they gave me. And what that amounted to was duplicate copies of the one and only time they actually sent the blood off to a lab and tested it.

The test results or panel as you put it are all printed on two page's. But when i ask them for copies of EVERY test they had in my file. The one panel of test results was printed on two page's if paper. When i picked up the test results. They had made 10 copies of the only test they had sent off to a lab and had tested.

There wasn't test results for the 3 seperate ocassion's that they drew blood from me, once for the last week of July and another during the 2nd week of August. But only one panel of results for the end of August did they send the results off that I got a copy of showing my test results that was printed on two pages.

They never got my BP medication straightened out. All they done is to screw up my prescription. Because they wanted me to stop the Valsarten and to start taken the other BP medication they wrote a prescription for that I went ahead and had my pharmacy to fill.

Remember me telling you I was afraid to stop taking the Valsarten and you recommended that didn't until I talked to my cardiologist about doing so ? And i agreed with you and decided to wait until I talked with the cardiologist.

Well I got that message from the nurse telling me a week later that doctor said my kidney functions are back to normal and I can continue my Valsarten medication if i want to but at half the dos I was taken.

So now i have a different prescription filled for 30 days. My prescription I have for the Valsarten is about to run out in a few days. But unless i can get the cardiologist to write another prescription to for the Valsarten I can't get it refilled.

Even if he does write another prescription i don't know what the insurance is going to say about refilling it after just filling the new BP prescription. You know what I mean ?

I do know one thing for sure. I am not going back that clinic EVER again. They are screwed up there big time.

Sstterry I done that verything yesterday. I called and ask for copies of all test and anything else that was done. That they have in my file. That 20 pages is what they gave me. And what that amounted to was duplicate copies of the one and only time they actually sent the blood off to a lab and tested it.

The test results or panel as you put it are all printed on two page's. But when i ask them for copies of EVERY test they had in my file. The one panel of test results was printed on two page's if paper. When i picked up the test results. They had made 10 copies of the only test they had sent off to a lab and had tested.

There wasn't test results for the 3 seperate ocassion's that they drew blood from me, once for the last week of July and another during the 2nd week of August. But only one panel of results for the end of August did they send the results off that I got a copy of showing my test results that was printed on two pages.

They never got my BP medication straightened out. All they done is to screw up my prescription. Because they wanted me to stop the Valsarten and to start taken the other BP medication they wrote a prescription for that I went ahead and had my pharmacy to fill.

Remember me telling you I was afraid to stop taking the Valsarten and you recommended that didn't until I talked to my cardiologist about doing so ? And i agreed with you and decided to wait until I talked with the cardiologist.

Well I got that message from the nurse telling me a week later that doctor said my kidney functions are back to normal and I can continue my Valsarten medication if i want to but at half the dos I was taken.

So now i have a different prescription filled for 30 days. My prescription I have for the Valsarten is about to run out in a few days. But unless i can get the cardiologist to write another prescription to for the Valsarten I can't get it refilled.

Even if he does write another prescription i don't know what the insurance is going to say about refilling it after just filling the new BP prescription. You know what I mean ?

I do know one thing for sure. I am not going back that clinic EVER again. They are screwed up there big time.
I would be looking for a new GP.

If one stays within a hospital system they usually have a patient portal that allows the patient to see all labs, appointments, diagnosis, and can use to ask questions or fill prescriptions on their computer. It also lets all the doctors dealing with a patient see what they diagnosed/prescribed. Helps to keep everyone focused and not overlapping
Yesterday I called that clinic and explained to them I am having trouble with their portal program. Told them I couldn't access nothing, like seeing my test results or other things i have scheduled but, did get a notice that one time to confirm my appointment that I confirmed i would be there for the appointment but, when i showed up for the appointment the girl at the desk said I hadn't been entered into the computer showing that I had an appointment when i arrived the day and time of the appointment.

It was a nurse who I was talking to over the phone about this. She said if i wanted to stop by the clinic she would see if she could see what the problem was.

I went by their this afternoon. After she messed for about 30 minutes. She decided to start from scratch. Spent another 30 minutes setting up the portal. Had to change the user ID, pass word, different email account etc...., she had a hard time getting the information typed in because when she type in a letter or numeral, something other than what she typed entered.

Told me she couldn't figure out what she was doing wrong. I told her I didn't feel as bad now that it wasn't working for me.

I mean she works for the place and said she could set things up.

She finally gets it set up. Shows me everything that has been done since the last week of July. Shows me the ONE panel of test results that were done about a week ago. ONE not 3 like they told me were done. ONE !!! I explained about the others that were done and the test the test that were supposed to have been done.

Had the 10 copies of the ONE blood test panel results that I showed to her.

She said she didn't know why the girl copied me off 10 copies like that but she said the girl had given me a copie of everything that was in my file and there was only ONE time that blood was sent to a lab to be tested. Not 3 times like the doctor and NP told me. ONE time only.

Another thing my blood pressure that they were saying was low on 3 seperate ocassion's. Unless I am doing something wrong in how i am checking it myself. Hasn't been low ? Once or twice it was like 127 over 77 ? That to me isn't too terribly low.

That place is screwed up worse than Hogans goat. I am pretty done with them.

I am sure they won't miss me nor I miss them.

Hang in there 504RP and take care of yourself. I wouldn't waste any time finding someone else. You have really had the run-around. Hopefully the insurance will take care of the Valsarten. If not, pay it out of pocket. I wouldn't be without it. Praying you find another GP right away.

Latest posts