Health Care 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

That's how it is here and we are in a rural area.

The hospital here has been pretty overwhelmed here lately and it seems that the nursing and office staff is being affected maybe the most. My wife can usually get her patients into the office in a week or so but she booked out a month or more for doing people's surgeries. If it's an emergency, you go to the ER.
If one stays within a hospital system they usually have a patient portal that allows the patient to see all labs, appointments, diagnosis, and can use to ask questions or fill prescriptions on their computer. It also lets all the doctors dealing with a patient see what they diagnosed/prescribed. Helps to keep everyone focused and not overlapping
Oh they have a computer patient portal alright, that works about like all computer programs. Sometimes you can get logged into it and a whole lot of the time you can't . Then you have to spend hours on the phone with someone in their IT department tring to figure out why it's not working.

When the first person you talk to can't get it to work. They transfer you to the next one they can't figure out why it won't work. That goes on until when they go to transfer you to someone else you mysteriously get a recording saying " If you would like to make a call, please hang up and dail again "

When you call back it's the same thing all over.

If they put the results in the mail and send it to you. Your going to get them.

That portal crap was what sent me a notice that I had an appointment for that day but when i got there didn't show up in their computer. The computer generated message reminding me of the appointment that came from that portal crap told me to answer yes if i was coming and no if i wasn't.

When i showed the desk clerk the portal computer generated message that I had gotten on my smart phone showing I had ,answered yes too and sent back to them. That for some reason didn't show up in their computer. I think had something to do with the woman breaking down crying.

Working with computers is part of my job. Has been for over 25 years. Started working with computers before that when I got a 2 year diploma in electronics electronics, 2 semesters at at junior college in electronics.

Got the first computer the company that I work for now started out with before they gave anyone else a computer in the part of the company I work for. They went from that one computer to every employee having either a iPad, laptop, or desktop computer. I personally have 4 different computer's that I have to use on a daily bases. Real familiar working close with IT techs regular following instructions over the phone sometimes for hours fixing problems like the ones medical facilities have with their portal.

Computers have came a long ways and are alot more dependable that they were 25 years ago but are still machines they malfunction and have problems.

And they have alot of trouble with useing them in hospitals and other businesses.

Oh they have a computer patient portal alright, that works about like all computer programs. Sometimes you can get logged into it and a whole lot of the time you can't . Then you have to spend hours on the phone with someone in their IT department tring to figure out why it's not working.

When the first person you talk to can't get it to work. They transfer you to the next one they can't figure out why it won't work. That goes on until when they go to transfer you to someone else you mysteriously get a recording saying " If you would like to make a call, please hang up and dail again "

When you call back it's the same thing all over.

If they put the results in the mail and send it to you. Your going to get them.

That portal crap was what sent me a notice that I had an appointment for that day but when i got there didn't show up in their computer. The computer generated message reminding me of the appointment that came from that portal crap told me to answer yes if i was coming and no if i wasn't.

When i showed the desk clerk the portal computer generated message that I had gotten on my smart phone showing I had ,answered yes too and sent back to them. That for some reason didn't show up in their computer. I think had something to do with the woman breaking down crying.

Working with computers is part of my job. Has been for over 25 years. Started working with computers before that when I got a 2 year diploma in electronics electronics, 2 semesters at at junior college in electronics.

Got the first computer the company that I work for now started out with before they gave anyone else a computer in the part of the company I work for. They went from that one computer to every employee having either a iPad, laptop, or desktop computer. I personally have 4 different computer's that I have to use on a daily bases. Real familiar working close with IT techs regular following instructions over the phone sometimes for hours fixing problems like the ones medical facilities have with their portal.

Computers have came a long ways and are alot more dependable that they were 25 years ago but are still machines they malfunction and have problems.

And they have alot of trouble with useing them in hospitals and other businesses.
We have a lot of computers here that control racks of test equipment usually running Visual Basic .Net (whatever version) or Labview. That's my specialty but I'm not good at network stuff and it's a constant problem. Our IT dept is basically nonexistent.

We have a lot of computers here that control racks of test equipment usually running Visual Basic .Net (whatever version) or Labview. That's my specialty but I'm not good at network stuff and it's a constant problem. Our IT dept is basically nonexistent.
Your not alone. You are like 90 % of the rest of us. You sum it up where you say ( whatever version ) and that's my specialty and our IT department is basically nonexistent.

Oh there's plenty of IT Techs in your department I am sure. It's like every other company and organization who rely on modern technology to operate their business. Most of the IT techs aren't capable of working on the companies net work. Some are most aren't.

If you work for a company large enough where they have a IT help desk where when you have to call on them for help on a regular basis. And you get a hold of a different IT tech each time you call. Pretty soon you find out which one or maybe two out of the bunch will know how to fix the problems your having. Even then they might not know how.

Because it's cheaper and WHEN they can get the technology to work that takes the place of a person or persons who done the same function in their work place like a medical facilities office personal . That they have done a piss poor job replacing office personal by using a portal program to replace that office personal with. So that the hospital can make more money.

Hospital Administrators don't care that the quality of medical care goes down the tubes because of it.

Computers and electronics has its place like Doctor's and nurses has their places.

Nurses don't have any business playing doctor and Doctors shouldn't be working as a nurse.

Doctors should be paid a doctor's salary. Takes more years of schooling etc... to be a doctor.

We have tested positve for Covid. There is a walk-in clinic here that the ER doctor (previously at the local hospital) started up. He's great. When we found out we were exposed we went to this clinic. They tested us right away and when both came back positive they advised us to have the Regeneron infusion. They sat that up with the hospital for the next morning. I haven't been sick so I wasn't sure I needed to get the infusion. They said I should at my age, so I agreed. The hospital said to come to the ER parking lot and call the number they gave me and they would walk out and get us. I tried the number. Call wouldn't go through. I tried the hospital, call wouldn't go through. I tried again. Still wouldn't go through so I walked to the ER from the parking lot. Told them we were here and the call wouldn't go through. They said they had heard that from others. Ok so we got the infusion.
Piece of cake. They did ask if we had talked to our primary care provider. We hadn't. We had done everything through this walk-in clinic.

We go home. Mr. FH starts running a fever. 102. I call the hospital. Can't get through. Call the clinic attached to the hospital. Can't get through. Called the Clinic where we were to begin with, can't get through. I'm getting scared, as the paper talking about the infusion says to watch for reaction and that elevated temperature could show allergic reaction. We live 15 miles out of town. So I drive him in. The clinic said the problem was Verizon...they got his fever down. Dr. thought he heard a rattle in his chest so quickly did an X Ray which came out good. No lung issue. So we went home with instructions to alternate between Ibroprofen and Tylenol to keep his fever down. All went well. That was Wednesday. Yesterday the doctor called to see how Mr. FH was doing. It's a walk in clinic with one doctor and not sure how many nurses. He doesn't have to answer to corporate, it's his practice, not theirs. We are so fortunate to have him and that he truly cares! Not to mention his primary health care provider has not called to find out anything from us, even after having the infusion in his hospital. There definitely is a difference.

There are lots of people moving in this area. It is taxing our healthcare services to the max. They are adding more rooms above the hospital. Friend in Mt said they are building a new hospital in a fairly small town there, plus several clinics have opened up. Besides that they have a new nursing school there and just got the biggest donation of money in America's history for the nursing school.

I wish you the best 504RP. I think you have gotten some good advice here. Only other thing I can think of is to find another clinic of some kind that would take you.

We have tested positve for Covid. There is a walk-in clinic here that the ER doctor (previously at the local hospital) started up. He's great. When we found out we were exposed we went to this clinic. They tested us right away and when both came back positive they advised us to have the Regeneron infusion. They sat that up with the hospital for the next morning. I haven't been sick so I wasn't sure I needed to get the infusion. They said I should at my age, so I agreed. The hospital said to come to the ER parking lot and call the number they gave me and they would walk out and get us. I tried the number. Call wouldn't go through. I tried the hospital, call wouldn't go through. I tried again. Still wouldn't go through so I walked to the ER from the parking lot. Told them we were here and the call wouldn't go through. They said they had heard that from others. Ok so we got the infusion.
Piece of cake. They did ask if we had talked to our primary care provider. We hadn't. We had done everything through this walk-in clinic.

We go home. Mr. FH starts running a fever. 102. I call the hospital. Can't get through. Call the clinic attached to the hospital. Can't get through. Called the Clinic where we were to begin with, can't get through. I'm getting scared, as the paper talking about the infusion says to watch for reaction and that elevated temperature could show allergic reaction. We live 15 miles out of town. So I drive him in. The clinic said the problem was Verizon...they got his fever down. Dr. thought he heard a rattle in his chest so quickly did an X Ray which came out good. No lung issue. So we went home with instructions to alternate between Ibroprofen and Tylenol to keep his fever down. All went well. That was Wednesday. Yesterday the doctor called to see how Mr. FH was doing. It's a walk in clinic with one doctor and not sure how many nurses. He doesn't have to answer to corporate, it's his practice, not theirs. We are so fortunate to have him and that he truly cares! Not to mention his primary health care provider has not called to find out anything from us, even after having the infusion in his hospital. There definitely is a difference.

There are lots of people moving in this area. It is taxing our healthcare services to the max. They are adding more rooms above the hospital. Friend in Mt said they are building a new hospital in a fairly small town there, plus several clinics have opened up. Besides that they have a new nursing school there and just got the biggest donation of money in America's history for the nursing school.

I wish you the best 504RP. I think you have gotten some good advice here. Only other thing I can think of is to find another clinic of some kind that would take you.
I wish you and your husband a speedy recovery and take care of yourselfs.

Cash doctor. I have a cell number I can call or text if I need anything. He even makes house calls. Allocates like 30 min per patient for visits.

I was just listening to a lady say how their family doctor wont allow people with covid symptoms. She was not happy.
I don't think our primary provider will either.

FH, the monoclonal antibodies are available to many people at risk. There is a protocol to follow and many/most do not know how to get it done. As you mentioned it's out patient. If one checks into a hospital they are no longer able to use it. Once the injection is complete the patient is suppose to wait one hour before leaving to be sure there are no reactions.

There many doctors separating from hospitals and setting up more personal services for patients. I don't live near Holton, Ks. but if I did I'd be contacting Holton, Ks. Direct Care. This was started by a Dr. and added staff and is very successful. You pay a monthly fee according to the patients age. This is a link to his site. It give you an idea of what is available and there is probably something similar in everyone's area. Just look!

This entire covid treatment is catching people off guard, Drs included. We hear a lot of negative about ivermectin and hydroxoclorouine. It's not approved by the FDA for human use. It probably never will be approved because it takes millions of dollars to go through the testing to get approval. It's currently being sold for $6 a tube to treat a 1200# horse. There's not enough income potential to ever proceed with testing for approval.

What about the vaccines available? They are EUA (emergency use authorization). What does that mean?

Here's what it means: Here's the link to the publication. https://www.phe.gov/Preparedness/planning/authority/Pages/eua.aspx

Here's the second half describing what can happen that they don't know about.

FDA may then issue an EUA for a product if FDA finds that:

• the agent specified in the declaration of emergency can cause a serious or life-threatening disease or condition;

• based on the totality of scientific evidence available, it is reasonable to believe that the product may be effective in diagnosing, treating, or preventing the serious or life-threatening disease or condition, or a serious or life-threatening disease or condition caused by a product authorized approved, cleared, or licensed by FDA for diagnosing, treating, or preventing the disease or condition;

• the known and potential benefits of the product outweigh the known and potential risks of the product when used to diagnose, prevent, or treat the serious or life-threatening disease or condition, taking into consideration the material threat posed by the agent or agents identified in a declaration by the DHS Secretary, if applicable;

• there is no adequate, approved, and available alternative to the product for diagnosing, preventing, or treating such serious or life-threatening disease or condition; and

• in the case of a determination by the Secretary of Defense regarding risk to U.S. military forces from agents other than chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear agents, that the request for emergency use is made by the Secretary of Defense.

FDA will, in issuing the EUA, impose conditions on the emergency use that is authorized. For more information on the emergency use authority, please see Emergency Preparedness and Response: Emergency Use Authorization.

The sentence I highlighted in red tells you why nothing will be approved in the near future. Because if there was an alternative the vaccines they are using would not meet the criteria.

This entire covid treatment is catching people off guard, Drs included. We hear a lot of negative about ivermectin and hydroxoclorouine. It's not approved by the FDA for human use. It probably never will be approved because it takes millions of dollars to go through the testing to get approval. It's currently being sold for $6 a tube to treat a 1200# horse. There's not enough income potential to ever proceed with testing for approval.
Both Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine have been approved for human use for years. Ivermectin has been used in humans to treat roundworms and Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria.

What is being talked about is "off label" use.

My comments were directed to covid for approval of the two drugs.

HCQ is also used for Lupus.

"Off label" is any application other than what the label says. If a livestock has an injury requiring an antibiotic at the rate of 1cc per 100 lbs and more then that amount is given it's also "off label", correct use but too much.

I talked to a guy in his late thirties who said he and his wife got covid.

He said his wife was haveing a ruff time with it but he wasn't having near as bad of a time with as she is and he said he thought it was because he had been taken ivetmectrine before he hot the virus.

Ask him where he got it and he said at the feed store ?

Ask how he knew how much to take. And said the instructions said 1 cc per hundred lbs and he dosed himself for his body weight ? Lol !!!

The guys real first name is Gator !!! Lol !!! I guess that covid virus just picked the wrong guy to mess with ? Lol !!!

Old Gator ain't going to let a little something like covid slow him down Lol !!!

Heard of alot of names but that's the first person I have ever met named Gator !!! Lol !!!

FH, the monoclonal antibodies are available to many people at risk. There is a protocol to follow and many/most do not know how to get it done. As you mentioned it's out patient. If one checks into a hospital they are no longer able to use it. Once the injection is complete the patient is suppose to wait one hour before leaving to be sure there are no reactions.

There many doctors separating from hospitals and setting up more personal services for patients. I don't live near Holton, Ks. but if I did I'd be contacting Holton, Ks. Direct Care. This was started by a Dr. and added staff and is very successful. You pay a monthly fee according to the patients age. This is a link to his site. It give you an idea of what is available and there is probably something similar in everyone's area. Just look!
That's is how our cash dr does it. You pay monthly based off age, single, spouse, kids. No additional charge for visits if you go 1 time or 20 times. Its extremely reasonable and you get excellent one on one care. My parents usually go together and handle there stuff at one time to cut back on trips to town.

If Ivermectin is used for covid prevention or treatment at the dosage on the cow or horse label, how often are people taking it? Most would not deworm their horses or cows daily or weekly or monthly. Just wondering if people are taking it daily, weekly or when. Just one time for suspected exposure? Anyone concerned they might get resistant worms from repeated use?

Some veterinary drugs can be used "extra-label", but that does not mean without restriction in regards to which drug, what symptoms, and mode of administration. Some extra-label uses are illegal even for use by a vet.

If Ivermectin is used for covid prevention or treatment at the dosage on the cow or horse label, how often are people taking it? Most would not deworm their horses or cows daily or weekly or monthly. Just wondering if people are taking it daily, weekly or when. Just one time for suspected exposure? Anyone concerned they might get resistant worms from repeated use?

Some veterinary drugs can be used "extra-label", but that does not mean without restriction in regards to which drug, what symptoms, and mode of administration. Some extra-label uses are illegal even for use by a vet.

This was what I was wanting to know…..right after why people are taking a drug for worms to treat a virus.

Oh I was also wondering drench or pour on? I wonder if we should use LongRange for extended results?

This was what I was wanting to know…..right after why people are taking a drug for worms to treat a virus.

Oh I was also wondering drench or pour on? I wonder if we should use LongRange for extended results?
My understanding is that there are some studies that have been done that indicate that ivermectin does provide some benefit to lessen the effects of covid. And that some countries are using it for covid treatment. I don't know, but do have an open mind. Which apparently is very rare these days. Seems like we have to take a firm stand one way or the other regardless of whether we know anything about the subject.
So far, I have taken the vaccine and no ivermectin. I think that is the correct choice for me, but seems like lots of vaccinated people I personally know are getting the virus and at least one I know has died from it.

Vaccines are failing against the Delta variant and it's very contagious.
The rapid test isn't very accurate either. My brother in law was tested and it was negative,
but he still had covid symptoms. His wife kept going to work, he fell so they took him to ER and they retested him and he is postive for Covid. He was exposed Aug 22 just like the rest of us.
She went to work for 3 days thinking she was safe because he tested negative.

Injection? You mean infusion? It was done with an IV and we did have to wait an hour to make sure there was no reaction.

"Most places don't know how to get it done"...not sure what you mean. Even the smaller town south of us does it. I have heard that a lot of places in WY offer it and know of some who have had it done. We are about as rural as it gets, maybe that's a good thing.

Latest posts