Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":2rnfmah7 said:
I made several of Dun's mineral feeders in the beginning. They worked great, but I could no longer pick the sack up and steady the barrel while pouring it out of the sack.

I guess it is a girl thing.

I have one on the ground bolted in a tire . It works great easy to put mineral in.

Chuckie":2px82gye said:
I made several of Dun's mineral feeders in the beginning. They worked great, but I could no longer pick the sack up and steady the barrel while pouring it out of the sack.

Not a girl thing. I have my son hold the feeder steady while I fill it.

Scoliosis. Mild case. Load the minerals and feed in the back of the truck as if I was a tough SOB. When I get home I break open the sacks and pour it in 5 gallon buckets, off of the tail gate.

Pour half 5 gallon buckets into that mineral feeder when no one is looking. It is easier on the roids.

Hook, have you ever thought about how that Avatar of yours was made? :lol2: :lol2:

I look at it each time like I have not seen it before.

Then 3Way with his math quotation, I am staying entertained.

I read a heck of alot more than I post on here because most of the questions have been asked already. I have learned a ton and feel like I know all of you personally. I also love the mineral feeder. Thanks Dun.

Yes... I have learned a lot and continue to do so. As the saying goes "if you ain't learnin', you must be dead!"

I avoid the contentious topics and problematic posters. I don't have time for that crap, and I'm not going to waste my time getting dragged into BS. So folks, either ignore the bad stuff, or do as Chuckie did, and put whomever gets your undies in a wad on your personal ban list.

Still enjoy my time here and intend to keep on keepin' on.

Thank you to all for your input, and for sharing your wealth of knowledge

Hook":b4ufj5g0 said:
Chuckie":b4ufj5g0 said:

Not a girl thing. I have my son hold the feeder steady while I fill it.

Couldn't you just drop the tailgate of the truck and back it up to the feeder. Set the feeder on the tailgate fill it then drive out from under it.

I mostly enjoy seeing how people do things in different parts of the world. Australia will never stop fascinating me. And anyone that runs cattle in places with REAL winter or out west in the big country has my respect! I don't know if I would be able to hack it.

As far as useful information, that would have to be animal health issues. We keep a relatively closed herd and have been fortunate to have had very little disease. When something does crop up though, the first thing I do is run a search on CT. I have no doubt I'll be referencing Milkmaid's necropsy post at some point in the future. Generally though, I try to soak up as much as I can, regardless of the topic. Pretty unique place, with so many experienced people so willing to share their information. Can't usually find that out in the "real world."

Thanks everyone!

I love this place and all of the amazing folks that make up the CT family . I think family is a good word to use as we agree, disagree, bicker , beoatch ,moan , and then when one asks for help or support we are always there for each other .

I appreciate you all more and more every year, even though I do not post as much as I used to . You are always there for me when I have my butt in a sling , especially machinery questions . My husband is gone 6 months out of the year and will be gone even more starting next winter so this very mechanically challenged gal can use all the help she can get . Also my parents are now in their late 70's early 80's so it is not like I can call my dad and ask him to fix things for me anymore .

I have become a mom to a 11 year old boy, now 12 , big change for us here having no children and the support and just great advice I get is so overwhelming . It brings me to tears sometimes when I think about how supportive you have been , to me , for my nephew and his sisters after the loss of their dad .

I learn each and every time I read on here .

Thank you :tiphat:

Chuckie":253t1n9t said:

I either set the barrel in the back of the mule and put the minerals in then lift it down or lift it with the bucket on the tractor and put the mineral in then lower the bucket.

I always threw the sack of mineral up on my shoulders because of how the cattle would gather around the truck. I didn't want them bumping into it, and dimpling the sides so I just walked it since the feeders were close to the gate.

Chuckie":3p6h8h5e said:
I always threw the sack of mineral up on my shoulders because of how the cattle would gather around the truck. I didn't want them bumping into it, and dimpling the sides so I just walked it since the feeders were close to the gate.
I also wait until they have wandered off and are far enough away that I can put the mineral in without "help" from them. Putting mineral sin before it runs dry also helps.

hillsdown":1hh9w12p said:
I love this place and all of the amazing folks that make up the CT family . I think family is a good word to use as we agree, disagree, bicker , beoatch ,moan , and then when one asks for help or support we are always there for each other .

I appreciate you all more and more every year, even though I do not post as much as I used to . You are always there for me when I have my butt in a sling , especially machinery questions . My husband is gone 6 months out of the year and will be gone even more starting next winter so this very mechanically challenged gal can use all the help she can get . Also my parents are now in their late 70's early 80's so it is not like I can call my dad and ask him to fix things for me anymore .

I have become a mom to a 11 year old boy, now 12 , big change for us here having no children and the support and just great advice I get is so overwhelming . It brings me to tears sometimes when I think about how supportive you have been , to me , for my nephew and his sisters after the loss of their dad .

I learn each and every time I read on here .

Thank you :tiphat:

Nice post Hillsdown.

HDRider":1vr0jgpu said:
Kingfisher":1vr0jgpu said:
It's made me a more rounded cook.
I have put on a few pounds and got rounder too.

Same problem here.

I have learnt a lot from CT and still continue to do so. It's a pity that personal feuds often lead to misinformation being fed to those that may not know better by because they decide to side by the right side (often not the most factually correct side)

No. I am a total nervous wreck worrying about my image here. I now take 6 medications a day. When I started I only took Crestor.

But I have learned a lot. I do enjoy the exchange of information. I even enjoy the drama. :mrgreen:

Latest posts