Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have read and soaked up information from you all for a long time and feel much more prepared to be an effective cattle woman. I admit to being more of a recluse than most of you and don't share much personal information. It's just my nature, nothing against CT members. I am sitting here with a jaw packed with cotton after having a tooth pulled today but wanted to express my appreciation also.

Green Creek":37gyu26x said:
I have read and soaked up information from you all for a long time and feel much more prepared to be an effective cattle woman. I admit to being more of a recluse than most of you and don't share much personal information. It's just my nature, nothing against CT members. I am sitting here with a jaw packed with cotton after having a tooth pulled today but wanted to express my appreciation also.
Green Creek you should have asked that dentist to give you a few hydrocodones to help with the pain. Pop one and your post above would have been 4 times as long and we would have known EVERYTHING about you. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Chuckie":2j7gy6ry said:
Hydrocodone makes me itch so bad. I feel like I have ants crawling in and out of my nose and all in my hair. AAAaaawwwgghhh!

Take 1/2 of a pill and then about an 1hr later take the other half. It will help with the itching. Or take 3 and you wont feel anything.

He did give me hydrocodone and I'm not in pain but it's not making me chatty either. It hasn't been a good summer for me as I lost one of my sisters to brain cancer. The first sibling to go and it's been hard to deal with.

Green Creek":31zyz622 said:
He did give me hydrocodone and I'm not in pain but it's not making me chatty either. It hasn't been a good summer for me as I lost one of my sisters to brain cancer. The first sibling to go and it's been hard to deal with.

Green Creek, get well and do some things that were rewarding to you in the past. Think of things that relaxed not just your body but also your mind. Let this be the time of your rebirth. I know a man about my age who pushed him self too hard. Had a family history of coronary heart disease. He had a heart attack that came close to "closing out his account". He decided to retire, went back to the old family farm where he was raised. Starting taking small walks, doing a little more each day. He called it his rebirth.

Chuckie":26eabx0y said:
Hydrocodone makes me itch so bad. I feel like I have ants crawling in and out of my nose and all in my hair. AAAaaawwwgghhh!

Anything with codeine does that to me. "This is synthetic codeine" doesn't work either. My system doesn't know the difference.

backhoeboogie":vyqypiez said:
Chuckie":vyqypiez said:

Anything with codeine does that to me. "This is synthetic codeine" doesn't work either. My system doesn't know the difference.
:nod: For me most pain killers are worse than the pain. When I lost my fingers they gave me one hydrocodone and I hallucinated and puked for the next ten hours and decided to just deal with the pain and haven't had anything stronger than advil since. After watching my wife wean off of heavy prescribed doses here a while back I'm glad my body can't handle it in the first place. :nod:

Green Creek":3u4xfzbw said:
It hasn't been a good summer for me as I lost one of my sisters to brain cancer. The first sibling to go and it's been hard to deal with.
Very sorry to hear that. My dad lost his oldest sister to that a few years ago and then his mom shortly after. It changed him.

I was given Morphine in the hospital, and I hallucinated too. It was quite interesting as I knew what was going on. I would realize I had my hands up in the air working on something, and then I would crack up. Even in my mind, it seemed real.

Is it too late for mushrooms this time of year?

Greencreek, I am so sorry about your sister as I know that you miss her and it must have been painful for you. But remember, she will be there to greet you first when you go to Heaven as that is the place where we will live and love for eternity. This life is just a short lay over until we get there. She will help pull you up when your time comes.
My Dad died of cancer as well. I have come to look at death so differently now because I know what it will be like when we get there.
I can't tell you how great it will be when we do. My Mom and I talk about this a lot as her health is failing. I always tell her that I am going to beat her there so I can help pull her up. She tells me, "No, I am going to pull you up!"

Both of my parents are gone. Mom was the hardest. She was in hospice suffering for months. I sat with her every night. Begged the Lord to just take her. She was diabetic. Sores on her feet that wouldn't heal. They couldn't amputate because her blood was so thin. It was really hard. The hospice people were great. They did all they could to comfort her.

My sister from Louisiana was in. She lives by CypressFarms. I made a run to Breckenridge to buy seed since she was with her. I was gone for four hours. She passed during that time. My sis had a really hard time with it. I wasn't there for her. They were close. Forgiveness and all that.

Love 'em while you have them here. It is more for you than it is for them, in the long haul.

Hydrocodone, Codeine, all that stuff, makes me hallucinate also. That crap also makes me vomit and sick to my stomach. Acetaminophin (Tylenol) does the same thing. Naproxin and Ibuprophin ususally do it when needed.

GreenCreek ----- hadn't seen you on the boards in quite some time! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. That has to be so difficult. I am 4th in the birth order and I don't look forward to losing any of my siblings. Sorry to hear about a mouth full of cotton!

Greencreek I'm am sorry about your sister. I lost my only brother 7 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. But it will get better as time passes.

backhoeboogie":inavqq4q said:
Both of my parents are gone. Mom was the hardest. She was in hospice suffering for months. I sat with her every night. Begged the Lord to just take her. She was diabetic. Sores on her feet that wouldn't heal. They couldn't amputate because her blood was so thin. It was really hard. The hospice people were great. They did all they could to comfort her.

My sister from Louisiana was in. She lives by CypressFarms. I made a run to Breckenridge to buy seed since she was with her. I was gone for four hours. She passed during that time. My sis had a really hard time with it. I wasn't there for her. They were close. Forgiveness and all that.

Love 'em while you have them here. It is more for you than it is for them, in the long haul.

I was standing there when they passed called the time of death on both of them.
Both time the Hospice worker ask if I knew the time. Called it with Dad's Hamilton pocket watch.
That is the reason I seldom wear Dad's watch as it still haunts me. That was 12 years ago.
When I open the safe I wind his and get mine or my grandpas 99% of the time.

I was with my Dad too when he died at home. I was the only one there, and when his breathing changed, I got in the bed with him and hugged him, and talked to him until he quit breathing. I knew that he could still hear me as people can hear when they are in a coma, but cannot move or speak. I felt good being in the room with him as I often hear about people dying for a short period of time and they come out of their body, only to come back to life and they return. But I knew that he was not coming back. People are afraid of dying alone when they are unsure, but as soon as someone passes, I think your loved ones, and the holy spirt, help direct you up. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

wow has this thread taken a turn I was happy just getting in from the field and going to read whats been happening today and read this sad stuff.. definitely a buzz kill. Sorry for yalls losses

Latest posts