Has CT benefitted you?

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm":250ewz55 said:
backhoeboogie":250ewz55 said:
Does anyone know if mssscamp is still doing alright?

The last I heard, her family had sold out the Murrey Grays and she got involved with raising Boer goats. Initially she had a few "growing pains", not unusual when starting something new, but things were getting ironed out and going okay. She was doing well.

Last time I went to salebarn and took notice of whatthey were getting for goats, I thought "Dang, I never thought I'd see a goat sell for $200 in my life"

skyhightree1":32wbewys said:
wow has this thread taken a turn I was happy just getting in from the field and going to read whats been happening today and read this sad stuff.. definitely a buzz kill. Sorry for yalls losses

Thank you. Truth is, I was blessed to have them.

My dad was the dumbest man on earth for several years. Something happened along about 1981 or so. Not sure what he did, but he got smart. Real quick like. :D He and I got really close. We had many good years together.

Dad adopted 3 kids. He raised others too. He took in a 14 year old orphan after I had left home. The boys mother had terminal cancer. They did all the paperwork and legal documents before she passed.

Now I am raising grandsons as if they were my own sons. A lot of things about my dad in that regard are just now making sense.

I am so very sorry for your losses. Loosing a sibling would be very hard. I to have lost both of my parents.
Being a nurse, I have had the opportunity to offer comfort and companionship to many people dying alone in the hospital. It has made me grateful for every moment that I have my family.

M5farm":3g5257d9 said:
Chuckie":3g5257d9 said:
Hydrocodone makes me itch so bad. I feel like I have ants crawling in and out of my nose and all in my hair. AAAaaawwwgghhh!

Take 1/2 of a pill and then about an 1hr later take the other half. It will help with the itching. Or take 3 and you wont feel anything.

Makes me itch also. Doc told me to take Zyrtec to help with itch and it does. Works best if take zyrtec maybe 30 min before the hydro but can do both at same time.

Thanks Texas PaPaw! I have only a few pills left from a long ago prescription. I try not to take them but sometimes before I attempt to do something, I would take one so I can use my hands for longer use.
I have a few left, so I will pick up some Zyrtec and see if that helps.

Brute 23":2ap7sz5s said:
I don't go near any pain killers. They trip me out and I have crazy dreams.

Muscle relaxers and Zzz-quil on the other hand... :nod:

Man I had some doosies yesterday in the naps after anesthesia yesterday morning.
Had one dog was carrying a ladder to put in a swimming pool to get something off the bottom.
Where in the heII that came from I have no idea. When I woke up and told the Mrs.
thought she was going to die laughing.

Chuckie":334ninvo said:
Sky, I am not unhappy; you should not be afraid of passing on earth. It is not the end of your life, but the beginning. This is not sad at all silly goose!

Chuckie no not really the part of passing or any of that its just that the thread was a lil more upbeat than the death talk and was in a good mood but read the responses and just wasn't what I thought this thread would turn out to be no biggie.

I understand Sky.
So see, CT is helping us to cope with different situations too. Just like your high stress anxiety over the horses!
Be sure to take a picture of yourself sitting bareback on the horse with your loin cloth, painted up in war paint and don't forget the feathers! :lol2:
Don't use a bridle, only use a string looped around the lower jaw.
I request this picture please! :nod:

Chuckie":2ynpl91e said:
Hydrocodone makes me itch so bad. I feel like I have ants crawling in and out of my nose and all in my hair. AAAaaawwwgghhh!
Doctor put me on niacin a few years ago....went and bought some, took it the next morning. About 30 minutes later I felt like I was having a hot flash...at least what I "think" a hot flash might feel like....head burning all over, back itching, felt like I was turning red....lasted about 10 minutes....found out that was common for the "old" type Niacin. They now make a "non flushing" type that I take without any side affects. Awful feeling. Talking about 'Ants'.

Chuckie":5yz5kohm said:
I understand Sky.
So see, CT is helping us to cope with different situations too. Just like your high stress anxiety over the horses!
Be sure to take a picture of yourself sitting bareback on the horse with your loin cloth, painted up in war paint and don't forget the feathers! :lol2:
Don't use a bridle, only use a string looped around the lower jaw.
I request this picture please! :nod:

Fetish much :lol2: :D you will be the first to get that pic in 2 billion years when i take it lol

Chuckie is getting a calendar ready for 2015 Sky. It's an honor. Get 'ER dun.

The seller is going to be that little cute okie dude in the lil pink chaps. He gets January.

Grey beard is working on a jolly gut for December.

I don't know which part of this thread to respond to first....

Yes, CT has benefitted me tremendously. In more ways than I can enumerate here.
Cattle knowledge, different world views, friendly people, a good laugh, a good cry, food, gardening, mechanical help.....long list.
The diversity of interests is what made me join and stay. It's the only forum to which I belong.

GreenCreek, my sincerest condolences on your loss. My prayers for peace for you and your family.

Chuckie, on that calendar....you go girl! Sounds like fun!

Biggest benefit I can think of is that through here I met a couple who are very dear friends. Very close to being our adopted kids.

backhoeboogie":361xhbtj said:

The seller is going to be that little cute okie dude in the lil pink chaps. He gets January.

:lol2:

backhoeboogie":22tn7209 said:

No I'm not--I'm there.
(I've seen your pic tho BHB, and I once looked slim & trim too--even thru my mid 40s----don't think for a minute that you will automatically have an adonis like physique forever---gravity is an irresitable force and ...............it's everywhere)
Besides, I want my pallbearers to have one last thing to complain about me and hope it happens under a cloudless Texas sky in mid August and the hearse has to park 100 yards from graveside. :lol: :lol:

greybeard":37irxszp said:
backhoeboogie":37irxszp said:

No I'm not--I'm there.
(I've seen your pic tho BHB, and I once looked slim & trim too--even thru my mid 40s----don't think for a minute that you will automatically have an adonis like physique forever---gravity is an irresitable force and ...............it's everywhere)
Besides, I want my pallbearers to have one last thing to complain about me and hope it happens under a cloudless Texas sky in mid August and the hearse has to park 100 yards from graveside. :lol: :lol:

My new boss lady knows how to cook. That is taking its toll already GB.

She's a blessing.

greybeard":pbijv5vm said:

Oh aren't you quite the thoughful and considerate guy! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2:

You forgot to mention that this cloudless sky would have followed a week of torrential rain and therefore your nearest and dearest wouldn't have to walk on hard dry ground! :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts