For you smart people

Help Support CattleToday:

Double R Ranch

Reaction score
Hey all.
Here's a question for you smart people. For some reason I just can't figure this out! Never had a problem before. Maybe to many knocks to the head? Ok here goes.
I have a medication that is broke down like this:
0.67cc
1.34cc
2.68cc
4.02cc
For some reason I can't figure out how much this is via syrenge lines. Can you help? Thanks!
Double R

fit2btied":12nc4zvb said:
Don't fit the 'smart people' part and this may not help, but one cc = one mL.

That part I know. Its the little numbers im wondering about.
Thanks for the reply
Double R

The only way your gonna get that precise is to do it by weight or specific gravity, but that is also temperaure dependant. Get a good quality gram scale, weight an empty syringe, fill with one ml or cc of your med, record the weight. Do the math to get to your desired cc or ml decimals included. That's the only way I can think of. Make sure you do the weights at all the same temp, as volume as it pertains to weight is temp dependent

Just got my answer. A syringe is broke down into tenths. I got it figured out. Its not a big deal if its perfectly exact dosage. Thanks for the help.
Double R

hooknline":1ajmxtzy said:
You mean I typed all that for nothing?

LOL! Absolutly! Didn't take it seriously. Did a head slap when I realized what I was missing! Thanks for the laugh!
Double R

Double R Ranch":2agnjxn1 said:
Just got my answer. A syringe is broke down into tenths. I got it figured out. Its not a big deal if its perfectly exact dosage. Thanks for the help.
Double R

Tenths is not accurate either...for your accuracy requirements you need a syringe that goes to hundredths since you put it to us that way. Actually rounded everything is multiples of thirds. What are you shooting that has to be that accurate?

. . . and, to hooknline's point, if you want to be that accurate you have to take into account specific gravity and the effect of temperature. liquids all expand and contract so 1/10 of a ml in January contains a different level of concentrate than 1/10 of an ml in August. to be that accurate you'll also have to have a means of assessing shelf life and half life of the material in question so as to adjust according to the specific gravity of the material. in short, good luck.

angus9259":2s875sz5 said:
. . . and, to hooknline's point, if you want to be that accurate you have to take into account specific gravity and the effect of temperature. liquids all expand and contract so 1/10 of a ml in January contains a different level of concentrate than 1/10 of an ml in August. to be that accurate you'll also have to have a means of assessing shelf life and half life of the material in question so as to adjust according to the specific gravity of the material. in short, good luck.

What if you are computing dosage by the weight of the animal and it takes a big dump and pisses a bucket full between the time you get a weight and compute the dosage? Do you reweigh and recompute? :p

1982vett":2k488rmc said:
angus9259":2k488rmc said:

What if you are computing dosage by the weight of the animal and it takes a big dump and be nice a bucket full between the time you get a weight and compute the dosage? Do you reweigh and recompute? :p

dad gummit..I knew that was coming. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2vag38dj said:

Don't get sore because I beat you to it. :p I've been waiting since the responce to my first post to ask this.. Just had to wait to time it right. :lol2:

1982vett":2v1ilpjs said:
TexasBred":2v1ilpjs said:

Don't get sore because I beat you to it. :p I've been waiting since the responce to my first post to ask this.. Just had to wait to time it right. :lol2:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TexasBred":13zpljhc said:
1982vett":13zpljhc said:
angus9259":13zpljhc said:

What if you are computing dosage by the weight of the animal and it takes a big dump and be nice a bucket full between the time you get a weight and compute the dosage? Do you reweigh and recompute? :p

Glad you did! I didn't see that one coming! Thats funny!

1982vett":1svt81i9 said:
TexasBred":1svt81i9 said:

Right time confirmed!

You asked for an answer from the smart people. I'm not very smart but know enough to get in some trouble. So, you got the smart answer and the smart azzed answer. Couldn't ask for more than that!

hooknline":3anb8rpe said:
You asked for an answer from the smart people. I'm not very smart but know enough to get in some trouble. So, you got the smart answer and the smart azzed answer. Couldn't ask for more than that!
All answers should be multiple choice. Smart..smartass, half ass or whatever. Just the cows way of showing you SHE is still in control.,....All was done in good fun I'm sure.

Latest posts