Tell me what you think

Help Support CattleToday:

Preg checked?
Was just trying to figure out how he bought them if they were pregnant and how far along they were. Unless I misunderstood the title and the reply seems like they had calves on them but were sold separate at the sale barn. At the sale barn I go to they put different color stickers for if they are open, not checked, or what period they are in. Just not used to seeing them from the barn with no stickers, every barn is probably different though.

Was just trying to figure out how he bought them if they were pregnant and how far along they were. Unless I misunderstood the title and the reply seems like they had calves on them but were sold separate at the sale barn. At the sale barn I go to they put different color stickers for if they are open, not checked, or what period they are in. Just not used to seeing them from the barn with no stickers, every barn is probably different
View attachment 34655
Give me your opinion on these sale barn ladies

Was just trying to figure out how he bought them if they were pregnant and how far along they were. Unless I misunderstood the title and the reply seems like they had calves on them but were sold separate at the sale barn. At the sale barn I go to they put different color stickers for if they are open, not checked, or what period they are in. Just not used to seeing them from the barn with no stickers, every barn is probably different though.
Yes you misunderstood the title I was asking your opinion about the cows, that's it…

Lots here won't like 'em but I do. They'd do good over in East Texas
thanks I don't have much in them, I put a Brahman bull on them and they raised a decent set of calves for what I have in them. Here is a picture of some of the calves I sold out them about 3 weeks ago. This picture is about 2 months old.

thanks I don't have much in them, I put a Brahman bull on them and they raised a decent set of calves for what I have in them. Here is a picture of some of the calves I sold out them about 3 weeks ago. This picture is about 2 months old.
Picture was taken in may, but here are some of the calves out of these cows. Sold calves 3 weeks ago and they did very well.IMG_5637.jpeg

I bet they did!! still like those too.

These were some thin cattle that a bought last year through the sale and raised a set of calves off. Just asking people opinion about then that's it….
Then I'll give you the opinion that it's hard to say...

The pic doesn't show us much, other than being mostly black and relatively underweight. Fronts and butts don't tell us much, and the only one standing sideways is shorter than the rest of the group and half hidden. The one on the left, if typical of the group, looks healthy but light. Really not much to say other than that with the information provided.

Cows look like the kind I buy every year. There is one that looks smaller than the rest. I avoid small cows. I would pray they didn't have those eared calves but I don't live in east Texas. Bred to calf at the right time and with the price being right I buy about 100 cows a year that look like that.

Picture was taken in may, but here are some of the calves out of these cows. Sold calves 3 weeks ago and they did very well.View attachment 34666
I liked the cows.
But I REALLY like those calves!
I wish that type would sell better here, I'd make the move to raise em like that for sure.

Latest posts