ethics, auctions, and bidding people up.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
jw":2kgukik4 said:
Alice,

I can remember my daddy use to mention knocking us to some place called "Kingdom Come" --- could that be considered
"place"??
I see that as a death threat!

jw":ejlygxkv said:
I have told you to leave me alone before Alice.

Alice is a bully, Alice is a bully, Alice is a bully.
You are beginning to be just like Alice following me around the board say stupid comments about everything I say. You never say anything with a point are even a little smart just like her also!

jw":1cr5pngw said:
Alice wrote:

Are you really 14?

Alice do you remember when Ellie Mae was in her teen's and the stuff she got into on this board?

Then she graduates from High School and wrote a very intelligent mature posting. Perhaps there is hope for him also!!!

Wanna speculate on that one again?

Alice

Thank you, A-boy. She seems like a nice lady. Don't always agree with her, but she seems nice.

Ok. auctionboy, I really don't have time for this, but you proved your ignorance at buying at auction by, in your words, bidding up another buyer. That is illogical to the extreme. I don't have time to write a book here. Talk less. Observe more. Maybe one day you'll have half the cow sense that bigbull has.

auctionboy":33w9s52s said:
I was in complete control of my bidding. What I am asking is how wrong is it to stick it to somebody? Those cattle weren't worth crap and that perticular old man didn't know it.
memanpa- you don't know me and from your post I would say you don't know much!
you are right i do not know you and from your attitude i sure do not want to. as far as my knowledge i was buying and selling salebarn cattle in the 60's still do, haven't gone broke yet so must know a little bit :D

bigbull338- How could this older man ever be wrong? You have a stupid sense of logic.
cowbotup216- I wasn't jealous, but I was be nice off. I would have paid if I won the bid while running the guy up.

pi$$ed of cause he out bid you? that is a real sign of maturity :D :D
the price? Some people didn't get the point of my question, was it wrong to run the guy up almost double

if you done it out of spite i consider that childish,

As for me I didn't win the bid and didn't want to.

very very immature

Tell me you haven't ever bid a extra time to mess over a buyer?
no, i have a price in my mind i am willing to pay, when it goes past that i stop bidding, and when i stop i am done on that lot period!

does any one have an extra bunch of crying towels for this young little boy, gonna need a whole bunch if he carries this attitude through life, he is gonna be hurt a whole bunch of times.

does any one have an extra bunch of crying towels for this young little boy, gonna need a whole bunch if he carries this attitude through life, he is gonna be hurt a whole bunch of times.

Oh Heck Memanpa - he'll probably grow up and become a mass murderer and blame it on us 'coz we were too hard on him. Then we will be in trouble and he will be the victim.

ga. prime":1izrrs8e said:
Ok. auctionboy, I really don't have time for this, but you proved your ignorance at buying at auction by, in your words, bidding up another buyer. That is illogical to the extreme. I don't have time to write a book here. Talk less. Observe more. Maybe one day you'll have half the cow sense that bigbull has.
There is a difference betwean ability of buying cattle at an auction and morals. Bidding someone up doesn't mean you lack ability to prosper at a sale it means your a jerk.

memanpa":2vnl3pxm said:
auctionboy":2vnl3pxm said:
I was in complete control of my bidding. What I am asking is how wrong is it to stick it to somebody? Those cattle weren't worth crap and that perticular old man didn't know it.
memanpa- you don't know me and from your post I would say you don't know much!
you are right i do not know you and from your attitude i sure do not want to. as far as my knowledge i was buying and selling salebarn cattle in the 60's still do, haven't gone broke yet so must know a little bit :D

bigbull338- How could this older man ever be wrong? You have a stupid sense of logic.
cowbotup216- I wasn't jealous, but I was be nice off. I would have paid if I won the bid while running the guy up.

pi$$ed of cause he out bid you? that is a real sign of maturity :D :D
the price? Some people didn't get the point of my question, was it wrong to run the guy up almost double

if you done it out of spite i consider that childish,

As for me I didn't win the bid and didn't want to.

very very immature

Tell me you haven't ever bid a extra time to mess over a buyer?
no, i have a price in my mind i am willing to pay, when it goes past that i stop bidding, and when i stop i am done on that lot period!

I wan't crying about anything! Hurt a bunch of times? Only thing that was hurt was the other guys pocket book. Your way of putting words in my mouth and twisting my words really pisses me off. I wish I could bid you up!

I seriously doubt a 14 year old BOYS piggy bank would be much of a threat to any of us... Unless you Mama was Anna Nicole Smith. :shock: :cboy:

What's a 14 year old boy doing at an auction by himself? Where are your parents? Do you call them from your cellphone to bring the trailer if you buy something? Not being mean here just curious. I wouldn't let a 14 year old make decisions on stock purchase by themselves personally.

A cattle auction is a place of business and there are also alot of games played during the bidding. The best buyers look at the cattle in the pens before the sale and decide what they will pay at that time. If the set in price is above that, they wont bid. If it is below that, they will bid up to their limit. There are lots of strategies, such as fast bidding to intimidate. slow bidding, to confuse, 1/2 bidding to slow it down and run the guy out of patience, etc. If you are at a cattle auction where they will back up on the set in bid if they receive no bid, you dont bid and they back off and then you start your bidding. You have to learn the other buyers to know which strategy will work. What you did with the older guy, is set yourself up for when his cattle come in, he can run you up and get you to pay a higher price for his cattle, just because of your stubborness. Dont let emotions get in the way of your business. Cattle buying is fun, but after you buy them, the work starts. Make sure you are doing the work because you intended to and not because of some emotions that a veteran got you involved in.

auctionboy":20mul9g2 said:
ga. prime":20mul9g2 said:
There is a difference betwean ability of buying cattle at an auction and morals. Bidding someone up doesn't mean you lack ability to prosper at a sale it means your a jerk.

With that attitude where I go to auction the old men there in bib's would have you broke in a heartbeat cause they all could see your crying mad.

Caustic Burno":1xzkomvq said:
auctionboy":1xzkomvq said:
ga. prime":1xzkomvq said:

With that attitude where I go to auction the old men there in bib's would have you broke in a heartbeat cause they all could see your crying mad.
I'm not worried it was over a year ago and no one seems to be trying to bankrupt me yet. I bet 95% of the old men there know a good deal about cattle, but that man didn't, so everyone can stop pretending that I said all old men were dumb. I thank the people who responded with there views about the situation and didn't fixate on my age.

auctionboy":2lu8b91m said:
Caustic Burno":2lu8b91m said:
auctionboy":2lu8b91m said:
ga. prime":2lu8b91m said:

I'm not worried it was over a year ago

:roll: So were you 13 then? It is time to fess up, how old are you(as in number of birthdays, not attitude)?
and no one seems to be trying to bankrupt me yet. I bet 95% of the old men there know a good deal about cattle, but that man didn't, so everyone can stop pretending that I said all old men were dumb. I thank the people who responded with there views about the situation and didn't fixate on my age.

auctionboy":4taednpy said:
Caustic Burno":4taednpy said:
auctionboy":4taednpy said:
ga. prime":4taednpy said:

I'm not worried it was over a year ago and no one seems to be trying to bankrupt me yet. I bet 95% of the old men there know a good deal about cattle, but that man didn't, so everyone can stop pretending that I said all old men were dumb. I thank the people who responded with there views about the situation and didn't fixate on my age.

hummmmm that man didn't know anything about cattle yet he ended up with the cattle you were bidding on and you got mad because he got them :roll: wonder who is trying to fool who here?
wonder just how many auctions you have attended? who drives you? does your mommie know you are missing school to go? do you pull your stock trailer behind your bike? or is it as most of us suspect you are a lot of HOT AIR?
are you related to TTCLM? starting to act and sound a lot like him when he got his hands caught in the cookie jar? :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts