ethics, auctions, and bidding people up.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
auctionboy":2exo703g said:
I was in complete control of my bidding. What I am asking is how wrong is it to stick it to somebody? Those cattle weren't worth crap and that perticular old man didn't know it.
memanpa- you don't know me and from your post I would say you don't know much!
bigbull338- How could this older man ever be wrong? You have a stupid sense of logic.
cowbotup216- I wasn't jealous, but I was be nice off. I would have paid if I won the bid while running the guy up. Some people didn't get the point of my question, was it wrong to run the guy up almost double the price? As for me I didn't win the bid and didn't want to. Tell me you haven't ever bid a extra time to mess over a buyer?
1st off son dont ever call my way of thinking or saying things stupid.because that will get you knocked in your place in a hurry.1st off i said the old man knew what the cattle was worth.in his eyes he wasnt over paying over the cattle.so yes he was paying what the cattle was worth to him to get bought.now to address your attitude towards me.you think im dumb stupid an igorant.that maybe but heres the thing ive been buying an trading cattle well over 30yrs.an ive made good money at it.as well as get some deals ive lost on.but hey its the cattle business.an if you dont like it GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.this thread needs tobe locked.

Auction boy wrote:

Some people didn't get the point of my question, was it wrong to run the guy up almost double the price?

Yes, read the Golden Rule.

As for me I didn't win the bid and didn't want to.

Spitefullness??

I was in complete control of my bidding. What I am asking is how wrong is it to stick it to somebody? Those cattle weren't worth crap and that perticular old man didn't know it.
bigbull338- How could this older man ever be wrong? You have a stupid sense of logic.
cowbotup216- I wasn't jealous, but I was be nice off. I would have paid if I won the bid while running the guy up. Some people didn't get the point of my question, was it wrong to run the guy up almost double the price? As for me I didn't win the bid and didn't want to. Tell me you haven't ever bid a extra time to mess over a buyer?

Overall immaturity.

Next question please.

Macon -

Go ahead and lock us down now.

there are ol traders that haunt sale barns and buy cattle for folks. that either aint got the time or the knowledge. it aint their money their spending. the sky is the limit ive seen this alot. you can't compete aleast not with any clear thinking against these guys back off and take a deep breath cause your the lucky one

bigbull338":3cmimk2z said:
auctionboy":3cmimk2z said:
1st off son dont ever call my way of thinking or saying things stupid.because that will get you knocked in your place in a hurry.1st off i said the old man knew what the cattle was worth.in his eyes he wasnt over paying over the cattle.so yes he was paying what the cattle was worth to him to get bought.now to address your attitude towards me.you think im dumb stupid an igorant.that maybe but heres the thing ive been buying an trading cattle well over 30yrs.an ive made good money at it.as well as get some deals ive lost on.but hey its the cattle business.an if you dont like it GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.this thread needs tobe locked.
I will tell you what son you better not ever type anything I may even remotly consider a threat again!
I don't think I recieve any ill will since doing this at the auction, I don't think that guy has even been back. I admitted I did it to be a jerk. I have considered some of the responces and I guess I wont be to much of a jerk to the buyers anymore, but i don't think they are all out to play head games. I don't see why people are asking this thread to be locked, just sounds like kids calling for there momas. This has been alotmore interesting to me then the CAB war.

auctionboy":1m4aljca said:
I am very sorry I've been such a jerk. My Mommy found out what I was doing and gave me one heckuva good spanking. If I don't straighten up she will take my computer privileges away, so I have to be nicer in the future. Also, I'm no longer allowed to post about topics I know nothing about, so you probably won't hear much from me from now on.

That's OK, son. Your Mommy sounds like a very smart lady.

auctionboy":1e4969h2 said:
bigbull338":1e4969h2 said:
auctionboy":1e4969h2 said:
I will tell you what son you better not ever type anything I may even remotly consider a threat again!
I don't think I recieve any ill will since doing this at the auction, I don't think that guy has even been back. I admitted I did it to be a jerk. I have considered some of the responces and I guess I wont be to much of a jerk to the buyers anymore, but i don't think they are all out to play head games. I don't see why people are asking this thread to be locked, just sounds like kids calling for there momas. This has been alotmore interesting to me then the CAB war.
i doubt that ive threated anyone, nor have i or will i threaten anyone on this board.because i know not tobe petty childish or insecure about who or what i am.

VanC":267r3ba9 said:
auctionboy":267r3ba9 said:
I am very sorry I've been such a jerk. My Mommy found out what I was doing and gave me one heckuva good spanking. If I don't straighten up she will take my computer privileges away, so I have to be nicer in the future. Also, I'm no longer allowed to post about topics I know nothing about, so you probably won't hear much from me from now on.

That's OK, son. Your Mommy sounds like a very smart lady.

Now thats funny.

bigbull338":31peeqyw said:
auctionboy":31peeqyw said:
bigbull338":31peeqyw said:
auctionboy":31peeqyw said:
i doubt that ive threated anyone, nor have i or will i threaten anyone on this board.because i know not tobe petty childish or insecure about who or what i am.

You didn't threaten anybody...it obvious.

Alice

ga. prime":1u2yunlc said:
And theres the proof. auctionboy knows jack squat about auctions. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ga. Prime you beat me to it. IF he's really a 14 year old Kid, he's got a lot to learn about ethics and maybe should be sent down to Dun's place to be Mentorized. Hickory Switch included.

Almost all of my cattle come from the sale yard. I never bid more than I figure the cattle are worth to me. I can certainly afford to but why would I want to? I might get stuck with one. It is easy enough to lose money on cattle without over bidding them. I rarely know who is bidding against me because I don't care. I am paying attention to the cattle and listening to the auctioneer, there are more important things to know at that moment than who the other bidder is.

ga. prime":x7dymxi8 said:
And theres the proof. auctionboy knows jack squat about auctions. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What proof? What are you talking about?

Alice":1j2s7bpt said:
bigbull338":1j2s7bpt said:
auctionboy":1j2s7bpt said:
bigbull338":1j2s7bpt said:
auctionboy":1j2s7bpt said:

Alice
"1st off son dont ever call my way of thinking or saying things stupid.because that will get you knocked in your place in a hurry." I consider that a threat.

Dave":3bguxdxi said:
Almost all of my cattle come from the sale yard. I never bid more than I figure the cattle are worth to me. I can certainly afford to but why would I want to? I might get stuck with one. It is easy enough to lose money on cattle without over bidding them. I rarely know who is bidding against me because I don't care. I am paying attention to the cattle and listening to the auctioneer, there are more important things to know at that moment than who the other bidder is.
I did get stuck with one last fall but she turned out to be a very nice heifer. Still it is smart not to completly not pay attention to who is bidding vs you, I don't try as much as sit in the back of a smaller auction and I always checkout the ones I like for an hour before sale time I don't need to be stairing at the animal for ten seconds looking for flaws.

auctionboy":2z112aiw said:
Alice":2z112aiw said:
bigbull338":2z112aiw said:
bigbull338":2z112aiw said:

Alice
"1st off son dont ever call my way of thinking or saying things stupid.because that will get you knocked in your place in a hurry." I consider that a threat.

He didn't say knocked on your butt, or slapped up side the head...he said place. How does one strike a "Place."

Alice

auctionboy":24bbgqx0 said:
Alice":24bbgqx0 said:
bigbull338":24bbgqx0 said:
bigbull338":24bbgqx0 said:

Alice
ok now i see says the old man.the boy missunderstands things that are said.an thats ok.heres what i ment by saying that.an thats this dont come off cocky an so sure about what you know,because theres always some1 who knows more than you.an they will put you in your place based on knowladge.

Alice":12y1hyau said:
auctionboy":12y1hyau said:
Alice":12y1hyau said:
bigbull338":12y1hyau said:
bigbull338":12y1hyau said:

Alice

He didn't say knocked on your butt, or slapped up side the head...he said place. How does one strike a "Place."

Alice
He was saying it without saying it on record. Any way place could mean my face, or place could mean at my place as in my home. Like it is any of your business! I have told you to leave me alone before Alice.

Alice,

I can remember my daddy use to mention knocking us to some place called "Kingdom Come" --- could that be considered
"place"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts