Ebola in the USA

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":qqzsn4ja said:
Stocker Steve":qqzsn4ja said:
john250":qqzsn4ja said:
IF BIG pharm gives me (Us) a vaccine, I won't care if they get billions.

The Brits used to use a lot of Gin & tonic to ward off malaria.
Are there any home remedies yet for Ebola ?
ah! "the old mothers ruin" this was used years ago in the 1720's when the water in The Eastend of London was so bad the ladies drank gin and tonic, because it was thought the quinine in tonic was good for malaria, and tonic water on its own is an acquired taste so to get them to drink it they added it to gin, the gin they used was called "Old Tom's" and it was heavily sweetened to make it easier on the palate, there were gin shops where you could get the drink for a penny, there was a ditty on the outside saying 'Drunk for a penny, dead drunk for two pence and clean straw for nothing'.
most of the men drank beer, as it was not done for a lady to go into a Public House (bar) only ladies of the night frequented these.
as for Ebola there are a few stupid ones going about, eating raw onions, drinking salt water (this one shortly followed by death I would think) condensed milk, holy water, bitter kola/kola nut… all of which is just shear madness.IMO
I've heard, that eating CAB beef is guaranteed to ward off Ebola...actually beef from any black hided bovine.
Yep, I'm pretty sure this is true--if not yet, it will be-- as soon as someone with a few bucks to spend thinks of it.

cow pollinater":24buw20a said:
I had a thought today(don't act so surprised, I do that from time to time). Ebola is from areas of Africa near the equator. What are the chances that come winter time it becomes limited strictly to equatorial regions? My thinking is that similar to some of the cold/flue strains it could be seasonal but I don't know enough about it to have a valid thought on the subject and don't intend to until there is something that I can do about it or it becomes a valid threat to my family.

CP, to understand the how and why of Ebola I recommend reading a book called Dancing Skeletons Life and Death In West Africa by Katherine Dettwyler. It was published before the political correctness fever started by Bill Gates, Bono, George Clooney, etc made it impossible to get accurate information about the nature of the problem.

The current strain of Ebola is a super virus that is the direct result of Bill Gates' and his misguided mission to flood Africa with antibiotics.

Dettwyler's book is from the viewpoint of a nutritional anthropologist, although she does discuss many of the appalling sanitary habits of West Africans. One of the funnier anecdotes is the West African parenting technique of providing young children with puppies to lick their arses clean instead of wasting toilet paper on children.

The well intentioned Ms. Dettwyler discovered that once she arranged for women to receive financial assistance to provide improved nutrition and clean water for their children they simply spent the money on other things and went about the business of child rearing as usual. Even in Africa mac and cheese rules the roost. When given the opportunity, the education, and the funds to buy better food the women still bought primarily mac and cheese for their kids. When given better food they would sell it to buy other things.

It is cultural. Traditionally the West Africans don't name their kids until they reach about 7 and the parents are sure they will survive. So when a know-it-all authoritarian like Gates sends them antibiotics for their kids they rarely use them properly because kids just are not that important to the mothers or to society. Political correctness has paralyzed and tied our hands. We are afraid to state the obvious facts regarding the how and why of the disease so we are left to hope that nature imposes a quarantine our leaders are too frightened to legislate.

Unfortunately poor parenting and a lack of regard for one's own offspring is not confined to the equatorial regions of the planet. Just look at the complete disregard the Dallas nurse showed for all of us so she could fly to Cleveland!?!

Bigfoot":zi7y2qoq said:
I just read on cnn she knew she had a fever, when she boarded the flight.

Only after she got approval from the CDC- I kid you not! She apparently called them multiple times and they told her that she was a low risk and her fever wasn't above a threshold they believed to be consistent with Ebola. Read an article somewhere on this.

john250":3thceaat said:
Stocker Steve":3thceaat said:
john250":3thceaat said:
IF BIG pharm gives me (Us) a vaccine, I won't care if they get billions.

The Brits used to use a lot of Gin & tonic to ward off malaria.
Are there any home remedies yet for Ebola ?

I don't know about Ebola, but I intend to be well armed against Malaria.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still a popular drink in Africa. Even though it has been replaced by effective antimalaria prophylaxis.

:banana:

JWBrahman":2kjanzuy said:
cow pollinater":2kjanzuy said:
I had a thought today(don't act so surprised, I do that from time to time). Ebola is from areas of Africa near the equator. What are the chances that come winter time it becomes limited strictly to equatorial regions? My thinking is that similar to some of the cold/flue strains it could be seasonal but I don't know enough about it to have a valid thought on the subject and don't intend to until there is something that I can do about it or it becomes a valid threat to my family.

The current strain of Ebola is a super virus that is the direct result of Bill Gates' and his misguided mission to flood Africa with antibiotics.

It is cultural. Traditionally the West Africans don't name their kids until they reach about 7 and the parents are sure they will survive. So when a know-it-all authoritarian like Gates sends them antibiotics for their kids they rarely use them properly because kids just are not that important to the mothers or to society. Political correctness has paralyzed and tied our hands. We are afraid to state the obvious facts regarding the how and why of the disease so we are left to hope that nature imposes a quarantine our leaders are too frightened to legislate.

JW, I don't know anything about Gates. I want the connection between antibiotics and viruses to be understood. Antibiotics is a traditional term used for a natural substance to kill or stop the growth of a bacterial microorganism. Not viruses. Today they are largely synthesized compounds.

Improper use of antibiotics does not provide the selective pressure to evolve a more resistant virus. Viruses are unaffected by chemical antibiotics. Antibiotics are in most cases chemicals that interfere with the metabolism of a specific bacteria. I would agree that improper or over administration of antibiotics will provide selective pressure to evolve more resistant bacteria. Immunity is the primary prophylaxis for viruses. Vaccines for some viruses can be effective. I don't know enough to comment on antiviral drugs such as those used in AID's patients. A question: In the book you reference is there anything regarding the sending of antivirals to Africa? Because that presents a different issue!

The CDC is striking me as incompatant. I really wish they would step down, and let someone else figure this all out. There are probably some 18-19 year old CNA students better prepared to deal with this crisis.

anyone watch the walking dead last night. the old version is on regular tv...restarted the series. when theyre in the cdc before it bows up the last guy there is telling them they have all these deadly virus's that will be burnt to a crisp in this huge explosion...
I thought it kinda funny he mentioned the ebola virus's they have no cures for being stored there in Atlanta since that series started over 5 yrs ago

why does it seem necessary for anyone who has been in contact with it to get on a plane and fly to another part of the country...seems kinda stupid if your treating a patient with a pandemic on the fringe to go flying around the world..be youa nurse or a patient..friggin stupid to me..should be charged with a a crime like unintentional manslaughter or something

Gates' vaccines have killed children, and I wouldn't use anything he sent over. In his population control speech, he said that the way to control the population was with abortions, vaccines, and death panels. That is paraphrasing it.
I want him to stay out of healthcare, PERIOD! Warren Buffett too. That is like letting Hitler run a daycare center for Jewish children.

That is true sunfish, as I am SO NOT afraid of dying, but I don't want Bill Gates and Buffett with their billions of dollars paying for their hobby of population control to control the life of your parents, children or friends. That is why it is against the law to murder someone. It reminds me of that Movie where people had digital clocks in their forearms their arms telling them them how many hours they had to live. They paid for everything with their life. You could transfer your time over to the other person's arm.

I just happen to run up on that movie one night a good bit ago, and it was so strange. Justin Timberlake played in it. The movie was called, "In Time." It was a good movie. A bit on the eery side.

dieselbeef":14msvjyo said:
why does it seem necessary for anyone who has been in contact with it to get on a plane and fly to another part of the country...seems kinda stupid if your treating a patient with a pandemic on the fringe to go flying around the world..be youa nurse or a patient..friggin stupid to me..should be charged with a a crime like unintentional manslaughter or something

But she called the CDC and told them that she had a fever and they said it would be fine for her to fly. I'm not a doctor and at times I'm pretty dense but I think warning flags would go up in my dull brain if I had been told this. And these are our experts. The one's who are going to keep us safe.

If I were a terrorist organization I'd be sending hundreds of wanna-be martyrs to Africa to expose themselves to Ebola and then send them into the USA before someone in Washington comes to their senses and sees our porous borders are a threat to nation security. I doubt there is a risk of the latter ever happening.

Latest posts