e6 Beefmasters

Help Support CattleToday:

much as i hate to add this i have a cpl angus cows i bred to my bfmastr bull and the calves are flighty..the mommas arent really but the calfs seem to be..its kinda odd but i dont have nealry that issue with the bfmstr mommas calfs

ear thing dpends on the region..here its no issue

dieselbeef":30z9zgo8 said:
much as i hate to add this i have a cpl angus cows i bred to my bfmastr bull and the calves are flighty..the mommas arent really but the calfs seem to be..its kinda odd but i dont have nealry that issue with the bfmstr mommas calfs

ear thing dpends on the region..here its no issue
Didn't you had a crazy BM calf that was crazy and refused to be caught a little while ago?

I just sold 3 cows that were Beefmaster/Angus cross and they were all calm and gentle still, got a 16 month old heifer that I will sale this fall, and 3 young ones that I will sale next year none of them are crazy either. I would use a Hereford bull on them or maybe a Char.

wacocowboy":3mrdb1mg said:
I just sold 3 cows that were Beefmaster/Angus cross and they were all calm and gentle still, got a 16 month old heifer that I will sale this fall, and 3 young ones that I will sale next year none of them are crazy either. I would use a Hereford bull on them or maybe a Char.
I'm with you on the Charolais but instead of herf I'd go with simm. breed regresstion with herf..if your gonna cross breed, get the most bang out of it you can....

ALACOWMAN":1kgt88mb said:
wacocowboy":1kgt88mb said:
I'm with you on the Charolais but instead of herf I'd go with simm. breed regresstion with herf..if your gonna cross breed, get the most bang out of it you can....

You cross Beefmaster and Sim no telling what kind of wild colors you will get. I have bred Herefords to Beefmaster and the results were pretty good but I used a really good Hereford bull would still be using him if he didn't lose his libido. With these being half Angus should be a black baldie with a lil leather if you use a Hereford bull. I have seen Beefmaster and Char produce a yellow calf that is huge at weaning but don't know what it would do being these are crosses.

why is no one keeping the beefmaster bull in here..im going for another to keep all my calfs purebreds...

yea I had a crazy one..she was a bfmstr/braford x...was a good day when we got her loaded

very few herfords in fl I know of..haven't seen many anyways....lotta charlois bulls...another one seems hard to handle from what ive seeen

P
You cross Beefmaster and Sim no telling what kind of wild colors you will get. I have bred Herefords to Beefmaster and the results were pretty good but I used a really good Hereford bull would still be using him if he didn't lose his libido. With these being half Angus should be a black baldie with a lil leather if you use a Hereford bull. I have seen Beefmaster and Char produce a yellow calf that is huge at weaning but don't know what it would do being these are crosses.[/quote. .......You won't get any wilder than the standard,,,I've done it....see if I can get some pics of my angus beefmaster after while, maybe they will let me get close enough... :lol:

dieselbeef":3tav61cl said:
why is no one keeping the beefmaster bull in here..im going for another to keep all my calfs purebreds...

yea I had a crazy one..she was a bfmstr/braford x...was a good day when we got her loaded

very few herfords in fl I know of..haven't seen many anyways....lotta charlois bulls...another one seems hard to handle from what ive seeen

Depending on what other cows he has a Beefmaster bull might be a good choice. Lots of good ones for sale right now in Central Texas. Was looking at Swinging B web site last night and they got a few I would love to have. They got a few Bullet Proof sons that make you drool.

Swinging B has some good looking cattle those bullet proof sons are nice. I do prefer the older genetics like like lbar,levi,cherokee etc.. As of now all my heifers I picked up are puppy dog gentle. Even though they are a bit ticked off after getting tagged,branded, and vaccinated over the weekend they were very easy to work. I am a believer your cattle will represent how much time you spend with them. You ever see a get get hauled across the show ring by a calf? Truth be told that kid proably hasnt spent alot of time working that animal.

swingingB ranch always has some nice looking bullet proof sons and daughters.ive been running a bullet proof son for 2yrs and he sires so nice heifers.

A beautiful heifer. That is the way mine look except they are not that old. I really like them and they grow off so fast. She will make a fine cow.

Mine have a little more chrome on them on their underside. Whats not to like about these heifes in the south? I think they are awesome.

Very nice. Im looking to cross my purebred girls back to bismarck and brilliance who are good calving ease angus bulls the e6 types that I have will go back on a Bullettproof Son More than likely. I really like his calves

This is the heifers full sister short bred heifer...
image62.jpg

cloud9cattle":2c4sio28 said:
wacocowboy":2c4sio28 said:
Which Bullet Proof son you going to use? You going to buy one or AI?

Id like to AI. Any bulls you suggest Waco?
any semen off of any beefmaster bull will cost you from $50 to $150 from the breeders.now you can get semen from the assoc sales well worth the money.

Latest posts