e6 Beefmasters

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":36kr8s3e said:
This is the heifers full sister short bred heifer...
image62.jpg

That momma cow sure spits them out identically! Nice heifers...both of them!!

cloud9cattle":38qsp7y5 said:
wacocowboy":38qsp7y5 said:
Which Bullet Proof son you going to use? You going to buy one or AI?

Id like to AI. Any bulls you suggest Waco?

You could AI to Bullet Proof himself a lil more expensive 125 a unit 10 unit minimum, or S&W a very good Bullet Proof son if you aren't breeding registered will only cost you 25 a unit 10 unit minimum, also Rafter G has some awesome bulls that you can buy semen from, Emmons has some really good bulls, and so does Collier farms, you might also check with Frenzel Beefmaster in Temple Tx, or Buster Beefmaster, also a bull I don't know much about but he looks good is Iceman he is advertised on cattle range. I have a Buster 260 son can't wait to see his calves he is a good looking bull and I think Buster sells semen from Buster 260. There are a lot of good Beefmaster bulls just depends on what you want to spend and what you have planned for the calves.

cloud9cattle":1ur1pak6 said:
I really think I am going to try and find Lbar5502 semen. Love the white face he throws.

For a $100.00 a straw difference in price I would definitely go with LBAR 5502. Sorry Bulletproof and French connection cannot compete with 5502. 5502 is a trait leader in both wean and yearly weight +40 ww, +53 yw 1179 animal analysed versus abulletproof's +17ww +19 yw 131 animals analysed

cloud9cattle":928zsymc said:
I really think I am going to try and find Lbar5502 semen. Love the white face he throws.

Excellent choice that is my bulls grandfather or great grandfather would have to look at his papers again

I figure if his heifers he throws arnet good enough to make the purebred herd theyd make great cows to use on an angus bull. Black with a blaze face? BOY!

cloud9cattle":1r81r1ef said:
I figure if his heifers he throws arnet good enough to make the purebred herd theyd make great cows to use on an angus bull. Black with a blaze face? BOY!

I did the Angus/Beefmaster thing it was ok but I would rather have registered Beefmaster. If you have cable The American Rancher on RFD just did a show on Beefmaster and commercial cattle was pretty interesting it should re air today and through out the week

thommoos":1i892tgj said:
cloud9cattle":1i892tgj said:

For a $100.00 a straw difference in price I would definitely go with LBAR 5502. Sorry Bulletproof and French connection cannot compete with 5502. 5502 is a trait leader in both wean and yearly weight +40 ww, +53 yw 1179 animal analysed versus abulletproof's +17ww +19 yw 131 animals analysed

Nevermind the $100 price difference, the calves of any of those other bulls won't compare to 5502's calves...not for power, muscling and thickness. 5502 daughters aren't known for milk production. If I was retaining heifers, I may look at a proven son or grandson. L Bar 0324 (a 5502 son) has proven to have some productive daughters. Larry Buster does have semen on Buster 260 (a 5502 grandson). Both 0324 and 260 had good mommas.

As it relates to the original post, I've seen Beefmaster/Angus crosses first hand. They tend to look good and grow good. Disposition, in my opinion, is somewhat the result of handling. However, sometimes they're just flighty. When that's the case, one should really consider whether or not that animal should remain in the herd.

EC

East Caney":15etlls1 said:
thommoos":15etlls1 said:
cloud9cattle":15etlls1 said:

Nevermind the $100 price difference, the calves of any of those other bulls won't compare to 5502's calves...not for power, muscling and thickness. 5502 daughters aren't known for milk production. If I was retaining heifers, I may look at a proven son or grandson. L Bar 0324 (a 5502 son) has proven to have some productive daughters. Larry Buster does have semen on Buster 260 (a 5502 grandson). Both 0324 and 260 had good mommas.

As it relates to the original post, I've seen Beefmaster/Angus crosses first hand. They tend to look good and grow good. Disposition, in my opinion, is somewhat the result of handling. However, sometimes they're just flighty. When that's the case, one should really consider whether or not that animal should remain in the herd.

EC

I was thinking the same thing. I think those are the type of genetics I want in my herd.

East Caney":33recax9 said:

EC

Hey EC ain't seen you on in awhile. Did you sell your bull or you still got him? I like my Buster 260 son and the other 260 offspring I have seen I would use 260 in a heartbeat. I am interested to see what Frenzel has in Brenham next month don't need another bull, but will go take a look.

wacocowboy":1ulomvil said:
Hey EC ain't seen you on in awhile. Did you sell your bull or you still got him? I like my Buster 260 son and the other 260 offspring I have seen I would use 260 in a heartbeat. I am interested to see what Frenzel has in Brenham next month don't need another bull, but will go take a look.

He's sold, pending semen and trich testing. I haven't been logged on much lately. School and work are consuming much of that time. I'd bet the Frenzels will have several bulls amongst the best. That's usually the case. I don't think I'm going to make it to Brenham this year. I'll probably go up to the OHOA Beefmaster fall female sale the week before.

EC

East Caney":3oepvkc2 said:
wacocowboy":3oepvkc2 said:

He's sold, pending semen and trich testing. I haven't been logged on much lately. School and work are consuming much of that time. I'd bet the Frenzels will have several bulls amongst the best. That's usually the case. I don't think I'm going to make it to Brenham this year. I'll probably go up to the OHOA Beefmaster fall female sale the week before.

EC

I need to go to the OHOA sale going to be some nice females there. I am looking for a few females this fall would like some 3 in 1s or at least pairs but just don't want to drive that far. There is going to be a sale in Groesbeck in Nov. figured I would check it out lot closer to home only problem is having back surgery on the 30 of Oct. but will probably still go.

better get your check book out if your going for reg beefmasters.because pairs or 3 in 1s will cost you from $2500 to $4000.

bigbull338":dc9dnnze said:
better get your check book out if your going for reg beefmasters.because pairs or 3 in 1s will cost you from $2500 to $4000.

Yep I was figuring 3000 plus that's why I am glad I got such a good price for my commercial pairs.

Swinging B has some heifers all under a year they want $3000 for them but I don't want heifers especially that young I might be interested in a bred heifer but really want pairs or 3 in 1

Latest posts