Breeding E6 Replacements

Help Support CattleToday:

BlueCollarCattle

Reaction score
I have just started breeding Beefmaster cattle and am looking for Angus Bull recommendations to produce E6 heifers that I can keep back. I typically aim for the get-fat-on-grass type. I favor OCC, HAR, and Jauer. I used a commercial OCC bull my first go around and had no little ones at weaning time for sure with only grass, hay and mineral to thank. I am personally looking to get a shorter, thicker calf if possible while maintaining Beefmaster influence. There's too many bulls to choose from, and am hoping to get opinions based on experience. Thanks

Look at Green Garden Angus.
They'll have moderate framed sires with emphasis on carcass traits - marbling, ribeye, tenderness; without sacrificing maternal and cow efficiency.

couple bred that way, out of commercial beefmaster cross cows,Occ unlimited son..older heifer just had a baldy heifer calf. She wasn't developed on grain and still stayed in fantastic condition...

I've been suggested to go with Unlimited by Ron Shelby but seeing what else is out there. May go that direction